Reputation: 0 Neutral
- Active Posts:
- 18 (0.01 per day)
- Most Active In:
- General Paintball Discussions (6 posts)
- 16-June 08
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Aug 06 2009 02:06 PM
- Member Title:
- Forum Newbie
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Helena, Montana
- Click here to e-mail me
- Brigade Name:
Topics I've Started
26 June 2009 - 02:01 PMThe sniper debate rages on. Too often I see new players running a stock custom 98 wearing BDU's sitting in the back trying to longball and accomplishing nothing, calling themselves snipers. There is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. People seem to use the excuse "Oh I was out sniping so I couldn't be on the front line helping out and keeping team cohesion." Then everyone else gets taken out and the sniper surrenders because he is the last one (if he is a coward, and yes I have seen this happen before.) It seems as if the sniper is almost afraid of being seen/hit. Setting an ambush does not make you a sniper. Trying to longball does not make you a sniper. Laying in the grass wearing a ghillie at the back of the field does not make you a sniper. Ambushes, flanking, and making headshots are things all players do, so you could theoretically call every paintballer a sniper, which would make the position redundant. Overall, I believe a team/squad/whatever can function just fine without a sniper. And for wannabe snipers, here is some advice:
1. Any barrel longer than 14" is not any more accurate and merely wastes air.
2. There is no such thing as a 'sniper barrel.' My $122 14" Stiffi barrel will outshoot your $40 'sniper barrel' any day.
3. CO2=Not cool. Buy a regulator or HPA tank before a raised sight rail and red dot sight.
4. A bigger, heavier gun means you will be much less tight in bunkers and present a bigger target, not to mention you won't be able to run as fast.
5. All paintball guns shoot about the same distance, unless you get a flatline or apex (which only increase your range not your accuracy or effectiveness at range).
6. Tippmann does not make high end guns. Don't kid yourself into thinking so.
7. Buy performance upgrades before you buy aesthetic upgrades- this goes for everyone.
8. Don't try to be a sniper.
If you don't believe me, check out webdog.specialopspaintball.com and watch the "Mythbusting Paintball Snipers" video.
Feel free to post any other things that paintball snipers need to learn!
16 June 2008 - 02:55 PMHey everybody when i went through my ordering process, on the last page where you get the page to write down the order in your records, I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse, and a dialogue box came up saying that if i was ordering something not to resend the information to avoid a duplicate order. I ordered it on the 14th, and I have not recieved any emails about tracking or confirming my order. I was wondering if I should just go back and reorder it, or if i should just give it more time. To help you track down the order, it was for gold marker oil, redz field swab, and dagger 7 vest in specops digi camo. Also, on my brigade page the last thing I ordered is not coming up on the point log. When i go to the order status and tracking bar in the online store, it comes up as delivered, so I don't think it is syncing right with my brigade page. I ordered it awhile ago so I don't think waiting for it would solve it. Thank you for your time!
stevo2themax hasn't added any friends yet.