Reputation: 0 Neutral
- Active Posts:
- 41 (0.02 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Sniper HQ (23 posts)
- 01-April 08
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Feb 21 2010 08:27 PM
- Member Title:
- Sergeant Cheapo
- 23 years old
- September 5, 1990
- Southern Connecticut
- Lifeguarding, paintball, hiking, movies, video games, college, the beach (R.I.), biking, military (maybe?). My girlfriend.
- Brigade Name:
Topics I've Started
09 August 2008 - 04:05 PMAlright, it's about time somebody made more air-through stocks for the X7. It's air-thru-the-body capability is a great idea but isn't being taken advantage of. So far the only available air-thru stocks I've seen for the X7 are the Commando and the far newer RAP4 Flexi Air, and the FA-CAR stock doesn't even use the air-thru-the-body capability. I believe, as extreme mil-sim junkies, X7 owner's would love to see more AT stocks available. Here are just a few examples:
- Longbow-AT: Lighter and shorter than the Commando.
- Dogleg-AT: function over form.
- SAW-AT: Alternative to something like the Commando.
Those are just a primary three that I've come up with and would up the choices to 5 stocks as opposed to just 2. Vote and lets get some new X7 AT STOCKS! Also add your own idea to this thread, just post what kind of AT stock you would like.
Note - RAP4 FA-CAR stocks:
FA-CAR stocks are a nice alternative to the CAT stock, but its not exactly ideal for scenario play, as you'd still have to keep refilling the stock's tank or just run remote anyway; with a 200rd hopper, that's a pain. However if you want a CAR AT stock, the FA-CAR is for you.
- RAP4 X7 FA-CAR Stock.
27 July 2008 - 07:58 AMX7G4, older CQB variant of the Mk9 X7G. Obviously an X7 ain't ideal for CQC, something more like say and Invert Mini or an Autococker or an Epiphany would do the job much better, but this is just me experimenting with the X7's CQB capabilities.
Mk9 X7G4 CQB MP5-N $332.71:
- TP X7 9mm Mag Well ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- TP X7 9mm Curved Mag ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- TP X7 XP5 Foregrip ($34.95 @ SOPB)
- TP X7 8" Recon Barrel 8" + Noveske Sound Amplifier ($44.95 @ RAP4)
- Metadyne MP5 Sliding Stock X7 (109.95 @ Link)
- Psychoballistics On/Off Bullet Drop Forward - Chrome ($23.96 @ AVPB)
- APE X7 Rampage Board ($79.00 @ Link)
- Designed as a fast, light, short, decently accurate Close Quarters Combat (CQB/CQC) weapon.
- May not be as light as some would like it, but oh well.
- Sound amplifier for intimidation factor. I choose the Recon because I want to try a RAP4 barrel, and the Noveske SA seems like a what-the-hell-why-not idea.
25 July 2008 - 10:53 AMAn idea to upgrade my X7. I toned it down to what might actually be affordable and reasonable.
Mk9 X7G - $368.79:
- New Designz Cyclone Combo Black ($78.95 @ AVPB)
- WarGear Premium Paddles Black ($24.95 @ Link)
- RAP4 X7 Spring Set (Sale $9.95) ($19.95 @ RAP4)
- Lapco Big Shot Apex 12 Inch ($84.99 @ AVPB)
- Crossfire 88/45HP ($159.95 @ AVPB)
- Cyclone 1/8" Banjo (x2) and Airline ($0.00 @ Tippmann Customer Service)
Gear Kit - $141.85:
- V-Force Profiler SE Reverse Green ($59.95 @ AVPB)
- SO Ultralite 7 Pant Omnipat ($45.95 @ SOPB)
- SO Ultralite 7 Jersey Omnipat ($35.95 @ SOPB)
- Preowned Coiled Remote Line.
- Preowned random crappy pod pack (might get a recruit vest).
- Designed to be well rounded
- Cyclone upgrades for speed.
- Lapco w/Apex; accuracy, Apex, & speed capable.
- Crossfire 88/45HP; very nice tank & good price.
- Highest tension spring equipped (black).
- Profiler; overall great mask I've heard? Anyone think otherwise?
- Omnipat; good all around pattern.
- Always looking for cheaper prices. Some of the more expensive stuff I'll wait to buy during special sales. Some items are undeniably excessively expensive. Lower prices are worth the wait some times (ex.: D7, Flexi Air, & E-Grip Kit).
- Check it out; APE X7 Rampage Board. Not at all necessary for this setup but still cool thats its finally released! I don't actually need to shoot that fast so I won't be getting it. 20bps is all you should really need for woods ball in my opinion.
- X7G2, the assault kit mod. Adds a grenade launcher and a 450rd loader.
- X7G3, the sniper mod. Adds a longer barrel, a high performance optic, and a classic rifle look.
- X7G4, the CQB mod. MP5-N style looks, drop forward, sliding Metadyne stock, and sound amplifier.
21 July 2008 - 02:07 PMThe Assault mod for the Mk9 X7G.
Mk9 X7G2 Assault Kit +$548.95:
-X7 Flatline Barrel Kit ($79.00 @ SOPB).
- RAP4 Tippmann X7 Phantom Grenade Launcher Long + AG1 Charger + M68 ($299.00 @ RAP4)
- RAP4 2xM68 Thunder Grenade Package ($155.00 @ RAP4)
- APP 450rd Offset Hopper ($16.95 @ SOPB)
Gear Kit Add +$45.00:
- RAP4 Elbow Pads Digital Camo ($20.00 @ RAP4)
- RAP4 Knee Pads Digital Camo ($25.00 @ RAP4)
- Preowned 12oz CO2 Tank and AG1 Charger for Grenades (price included & image below).
- Phantom is cheap and nice.
- Pads to hit the dirt, hard!
- APP 450rd loader to LAY SOME PAINT!
02 April 2008 - 03:34 PMX7G3, Sniper variant of the Mk9 X7G. See no sniper, hear no sniper, fear no sniper; or should you?
Mk9 X7G3 Sniper Kit $184.84:
- Tippmann Micro Tac Cap Cyclone Hopper ($9.95 @ Link)
- M16 X-Short Magazine ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- Tippmann/SO X7 XP5SD Foregrip ($34.95 @ SOPB)
- Konus Sight Pro 30 7244 ($79.99 @ Link)
- J&J A-5 16" Ceramic Barrel (P40.00 @ LVND)
Sniper Gear Kit $200.65:
- SO AGII Density Upgrade SO Digi (x3) ($74.85 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Hood Kit ($39.95 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Glove Kit ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Rifle Rag ($24.95 @ SOPB)
- Changes the profile to low and long.
- E-Grip on semi or burst.
- Red/Green Dot Tube Scope is actually 1x37.21mm as reported by Optics For You and the Konus Website.
- XP5SD Foregrip is run without the mock silencer.
- No armament to add just in case you hadn't noticed.
- Not meant to PLAY as a "mil-sim" sniper, just meant to be more accurate than the base setup (X7G). Think more "marksman."
- The Ghillie Thing: Suit would be ghillied on all sides of the jersey, entire sides and back of the pants, and I'd have to improvise using a jersey I already have as a base layer for the ghillie to hang over the rear of the Dagger 7 Vest. Check the How To- Vest with Ghillie thread (credit to Phobeus).
- NCStar Bipod Quick Release ($29.95 @ SOPB). Doubt its necessary but you never know.