- Active Posts:
- 6 (0 per day)
- Most Active In:
- General Paintball Discussions (6 posts)
- 06-June 07
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Jul 21 2008 09:27 AM
- Member Title:
- Forum Newbie
- 41 years old
- March 25, 1972
- Brigade Name:
Posts I've Made
07 April 2008 - 07:15 PMMariol my friend, thank you. I've been trying to keep my personal feelings out of this thread and instead, helping out as much as possible.
Bravo...of the 48 hours the game is billed at, you'll be on-field from dawn to dusk each day. Normal start time is like 1000 the first day and 8-9 on the second. Ending times I believe were 1700 hours or so each day. That equates to an average of 15 total hours of play or so for the 2 days. Now there's also the night game of friday night...that would add about 6 more hours of additional play if you chose to do that.
WHERE on anything is the ION 08 game billed at 48 hour game? It is not, anywhere..I would know.
I know your feelings, I have read everything you have written. Do you need to constantly bash it? We have all had bad experiences at fields, It is not fair to keep reliving it, or to try to hurt a place EVERY chance you get.
We as a whole at Skirmish have been working hard to improve and change for the better.. perhaps you should look at what is going on now instead of living in the past.
07 April 2008 - 07:01 PMI did do a search, and I found something from 2004 or something.
I just wanted to know if I could use one of these devices (for lack of a better term).
Does it have to be run on CO2, or air?
How would I go about adjusting the FPS?
I'm currently looking into some plans and I think this is the place to start (checking if it is allowed or not).
it can run on whatever, but it must be manufactured, it must have an adjustable regulator. It can not be made from bought plans..that does not count!
30 March 2008 - 06:35 PMTo bravo4579:
Police are there to patrol an entire community. Refs are there to patrol a field. One cop for 8 blocks of houses, two refs for half an acre of field. I think your scale is a little off there, Bravo. The police are called to respond to something, the refs are there to prevent something (run-by's, hot markers, etc.) While a police officer can't see more than a block of community at once, a pair of refs (ideally) can see most of the field at all times. A good ref will be there to do more than just respond to paintchecks (which some don't even do), they will also prevent problems for both the players and the field. I'd hate to see the refs you've had to deal with to hold them to such low standards, Bravo.
Ah, Nyxx! Did Mario inform you I threw your name around? Thank you for clarifying your job title. We were misinformed.
no I read the boards just do not post much
28 March 2008 - 06:56 PMPhilly airport is easier to get in and out of instead of Newark. on the skirmish website is a link for lodging if ya really want the hotel. We also run one of the biggest vendor shows. there is the Friday eavining game and the main game runs most of Saturday, then break for the night and resume on sunday morning till mid afternoon.
27 March 2008 - 03:47 PMAlright, a couple of things:
1) Someone please, please, PLEASE tell me that the Chrono Honors System is just a bad rumor!!! In the past I have experienced it (yeah, I used to play at Skirmish) and have actually chronoed myself but I chalked it up to lax refs. If the field has an honors system I will officially go nuts.
2) This is a quote from Tod Krieger from another post: "That is still alot of people. Besides what ref wants to be trained and work 1 weekend. They can only keep so many to work the rest of the year." This unfortunately is true. It's bad business for the field. But it's still a safety issue. I have been asked to referee by other Skirmish refs during scenario games. I am a former ref and gun tech from a prominent NY field (No, I will not say which one, I don't like the administration and they sure aren't paying me to advertise for them.) One of my former coworkers at my field actually used to ref at Skirmish if/when asked. To import referees from other nearby fields for these games is not such a bad idea. Whether or not they do, I don't know, it's been a while.
3) Is Karen still working there? I thought I read that Nyxx (spelling?) had taken up the job of ref manager. All you older players would know who Karen was. If she is still there, well, let's just say I don't like her.
4) I read in another post that girls win stuff for their boyfriends by stripping at the prize ceremony. I also looked up ION in Youtube and found mud wrestling. Wowee. If this is what Skirmish uses to lure people in to games, I'm disappointed. My girlfriend is also a former ref and plays. She comes with me to games. That means I get some at the end of the day instead of having to push through sweaty dudes just to see two girls getting each other dirty.
Sorry, that fourth one's a little low for me to say but the rest of my post is valid. If it's too low, I'll edit it out. But, to be fair, my girlfriend and I have dealt with Skirmish staff who were a little inhospitable and it has tainted our opinions of it for a very long time. It also didn't encourage us to get back into the sport after a couple years' hiatus (like, did you know they don't sell the Impulse anymore??? ) You would think that a paintball field would want to encourage more women to show up and put a best foot forward but no such luck with these guys in our experience.
Like I said, please dispel rumors and set me straight. I'd like to hear what everyone has to say now.
No! Nyxx is not the ref manager, I am the scenario manager. Karen is still the GM of Skirmish. Rich M is the ref manager as of last year.
There is NO honor system for Chrono, it is mandatory in order to get your hopper tape in the big games. Skirmish has a rolling staff of over 200 people.
All of the dance contests and other things that promote promiscuity are gone.
As for arming referees with shields, here is the problem, they are a target, it gets reffs hurt bad. They are given whistles , and alot of them have radios.
The situation last year that everyone speaks about. I heard the radio call, and anyone that was there was getting lit up trying to stop a 1000 person firefight. It is not easy to do trust me on that. you tell me who could short of using a fog horn from a lighthouse that people mite actually hear.
Nyxx hasn't added any friends yet.