- Active Posts:
- 96 (0.03 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Electronic Markers (39 posts)
- 13-July 06
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Feb 02 2012 05:51 PM
- Member Title:
- Forum Member
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Not Telling
- Click here to e-mail me
- Brigade Name:
Posts I've Made
02 February 2012 - 05:52 PMFound one, thanks
12 August 2008 - 12:08 AMHB08 Mogadishu
0230 Aug 9, 2008
Our unit is the last to arrive and we get word of some bad news. We lost two of our boys from Southern California. The rest are already asleep aside from Viper and Bengal who look to have integrated with the other Rangers well. Word is our general is MIA, but nobody seems concerned.
0800 Aug 9, 2008
Still no word from our general, but rumors are flying around that top brass is going to send us out today finally. The guys are gearing up and issuing ammo and equipment for a short op. This is only my third time deploying here. I still don't know what we're going to be doing, but we're being told to pack light. I'm getting real nervous.
1200 Aug 9, 2008
IRENE. As I write this I wonder if it will be the last time I write and who will find my diary. The general is still MIA and one of the SSgt. has been put in overall command. I heard he's a real a-hole. God help us our chalk is supposed to go in first by air and secure a perimeter.
1330 Aug 9, 2008 Ethiopian Territory
Our chalk deployed, but was pinned down right away by the skinnies who gave us a pounding. Something happened to the other chalks en route and we were on our own until the armored unit could reach us. In the chaos, Viper started rallying those nearby and sent me in to hit the right flank. I grabbed Rock and Bakdoi and we crashed through the brush haphazardly with our NCO screaming at us over the comms "what the hell was taking so long". We reach what I thought was the UN warehouse and start hitting the skinnies from the right. We bagged a quite a few and nearly clear out the wooded area before I end up taking a hit and going down, but it was enough of a distraction for our boys to break through and push into the Black Sea.
1430 Aug 9, 2008 South Black Sea
As soon as we crossed into the South Black Sea, the skinnies rallied and started hitting us from all sides. Snake did a good job of organizing the chaos and keeping us inching forward. With the help of the armored division and the other units, we finally made it to the safe house and started tending to the wounded. What a relief.
1530 Aug 9, 2008 South Black Sea
North Black sea is mostly secure, but the skinnies keep coming across the water and also hitting us from their castle across the river. We're forced to give up the UN warehouse and we take heavy fire from the south while trying to secure the bridge to the Mog. We had so many wounded that making progress was almost impossible. I wonder if I'll ever see home again.
2100 Aug 9, 2008 Black Sea
We have a perimeter set and were waiting for nightfall to probe the enemy and scout for a way out of this mess. Our chalk is sent out to rescue a hostage in the heart of the Ethiopian territory, but by the time we get there, it's deserted and we fear for the worst. On the way back, we see a flare rise out over the water and some of our boys getting it done at the Mogadishu's stronghold. By the time we make it back to HQ, things have quieted down so I stay on sentry duty while the others wait on stand by. Shrek and I have a run in with a sniper trio and have a battle for our lives, but otherwise it's very quiet out.
0030 Aug 10, 2008 Black Sea
I went in to talk to Snake about getting a good patrol shift for the night and the wind kicked up so strong that it brought the command tent down. We retreat for the night to a secure spot and call it a night.
1030 Aug 10, 2008 Black Sea
The calvary arrives and we make a push for home. Our gunners take the high ground and secure the river for everybody to cross. We hit a major encampment of skinnies on the far side of the river and have to fight through their entrenched position. From this point on, I'm pulled off the front lines to run ammo to the gunners, but notice that we make good progress.
1130 Aug 10, 2008
Home sweet home and mission complete with 1 hour to spare. It was such an honor to run along side the ORTAC crews again this year. Somebody explain to me again why the heck I left Oregon? Thanks for the warm welcome for the Cali guys and the invitation to join you on the train ride from hell. I had a blast fighting uphill both ways and look forward to the next one
Thanks for putting on a great show again Pacman. I had a great time this weekend. A couple suggestions since you asked for them
1) It would have been a lot more interesting if the TFR base (more specifically the center of action for the majority of the weekend) was not on the speedball field. The castle or junkyard might have been a better choice. We ended up playing speedball for a good portion of the weekend
2) Sunday was pretty short as far as gameplay is concerned
3) Sept/Oct was better. The heat was killer
4) I miss the cornfield. I guess I'll just reinforce #1 again here. The field is great, it would have been nice to have spent more time in the other parts of it.
5) night ops. The ECU moved the dummy at the beginning of the night (I know this because the squad I was in went straight to their base and it was deserted). Allowing objectives to essentially be hidden isn't the greatest thing in the world. It's really silly though to do it at night.
6) The beginning of the game was somewhat FUBAR as far as respawn is concerned. Glad you improvised.
7) I didn't get to see the entire final battle, but some kind of respawn for the skinnies (perhaps mission control since it was in the center?) would have been more balancing? Then the time could be extended to something like 4 hours. I think 3-4 hours of solid play is a good amount for Sunday. Folks aren't expecting a lot, but 1hr is short!
Thanks again for putting on the show. The ECU and ICU that I ran into (and who ran into me) fought like savages this weekend. I loved it.
07 July 2008 - 08:59 PMThis complete grip/board combo is still for sale
01 July 2008 - 08:19 PMThis is the last one left and then this deal is gone for good....
29 June 2008 - 09:33 PMStill for sale. This is new with warranty! New price is $115 + $5 shipping to continental US
Deeno hasn't added any friends yet.