Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword tactics - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword tactics lets hear what works Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Ackilliez 

• You Can't Handle My Custom Member Title!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ackilliez

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

Suppressive fire doesn't necesarilly mean a high ROF. The point of supressive fire is to keep the enemy's head down, right? Two or three balls a second will suffice most of the time. think about it, if you are in a bunker and paintballs are passing over your head two to three times a second, are you going to stick your head up? I wouldn't. There are some times when a high ROF is great, such as when supressing a pillbox containing three or more players, or basically any time when you are outnumbered at least three-to-one. But, against one or two opponents, a high ROF is a really good way to waste paint, and not too much else. A broadsword is supposed to anchor the teams position. how can he do this with no paintballs? at 20 BPS an entire hopper is wasted in ten seconds. even carrying half a case of paint in your vest, all of your paint could be wasted in ten minutes or less.
I know about eleven thousand people will disagree with this, but based on personal experience, i have found it to be true.

XO, 205 MP Company, Oklahoma D-Day 2008

#17 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

View PostAckilliez, on Mar 23 2007, 12:49 PM, said:

Suppressive fire doesn't necesarilly mean a high ROF. The point of supressive fire is to keep the enemy's head down, right? Two or three balls a second will suffice most of the time. think about it, if you are in a bunker and paintballs are passing over your head two to three times a second, are you going to stick your head up? I wouldn't. There are some times when a high ROF is great, such as when supressing a pillbox containing three or more players, or basically any time when you are outnumbered at least three-to-one. But, against one or two opponents, a high ROF is a really good way to waste paint, and not too much else. A broadsword is supposed to anchor the teams position. how can he do this with no paintballs? at 20 BPS an entire hopper is wasted in ten seconds. even carrying half a case of paint in your vest, all of your paint could be wasted in ten minutes or less.
I know about eleven thousand people will disagree with this, but based on personal experience, i have found it to be true.

No disagreement here.

Being a broadsword is certainly more than being a "Paint Rain Maker". Infact when I come upon opposing broadswords who take that view I give them just enough to make them spend their paint worthlessly. There are times when you need a waterfall of paint dumped on a position, i.e. when your alone broadsword and must supress a position with multiple opponents. But other times the key is placement of the paint you do use. A couple of shots on their last head position, then matching that on other possible pop up locations and you can keep them down and afraid to lift anywhere. And don't forget locations other than pop ups, if a toe is hanging out, add a ball there and watch to see if the head comes up as they try and tuck it in. If you note a significant stance change to rebalance their weight, time to expect them to break for it, now bring the rain to hold them. Your team cannot out flank them if their position significanly changes, when they get to their positions make the target still be there for them.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users