Special Ops Paintball: Chrono without the Chrono??? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chrono without the Chrono??? How can I chrono my gun without a chronograph???

#31 User is offline   WeltCollector 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WeltCollector

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

View PostFeenstrovski, on Mar 1 2007, 01:11 PM, said:

I tell my brother to go out into the field an i shoot him, and if it hurts, then its hot.. jk :)

I'm getting a chrony because we have had problems in the past... It's completely worth it because scars don't go away too fast.

Chrony brand chono's are great. The problem is that people get careless and then shoot the rear eye. After a few shots, the plastic breaks and ruins the chrono. I have seen two destroyed over a 2 month period. Make a wooden housing for it with Plexiglas over the top for the eyes. It works great and you won't ruin your Chrono. Chrony's come with metal rods and a plastic cover to shade the eyes on a bright day. This is only needed with high velocity bullets. With paintballs you won't have to worry about it. The Gamma model also will calculate the time between shots and can even connect to a printer. It isn't a BPS timer, it just gives you the time between shots and you need to calculate BPS yourself. The Alpha model can be picked up for about $80.
<a href="http://www.pickuppaintball.tk" target="_blank">Pickup Paintball</a>

<a href="http://www.paintballpics.us" target="_blank">Tourney Pics</a>

#32 User is offline   zd_98c 

• Bond...James Bond
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:zd_98c

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

Well if you wanted to do Distance/Time=Rate and figure out the distance of the person (controled at a certain amount of feet) and then figure out how many seconds it took to hit a target and then figure that out, which probably wont be exactually accurate unless your very good with a stopwatch...so no safely you probably can't figure it out without a chrono. What we did is we had everyone chip in $5 that plays with us and we got one for $80 and it is a handheld one and it really does work good. So I would recommend having everyone you play with chip in a bit of money and get one.
ZD_98c
IPB Image

#33 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

what i hate is when pro feilds wont spring for a chrono, ugh thats the worse.

one i went to i asked em if they got a chrony down at the feild. they said no but they have one in the shop for sale (wtf. what good is it doin in the shop) i asked em if i could use it on the feild, they told me i would have to rent or buy it. god i wanted to hit him so badly

#34 User is offline   Feenstrovski 

• Canadian: because I care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Feenstrovski

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

View PostWeltCollector, on Mar 1 2007, 06:27 PM, said:

Chrony brand chono's are great. The problem is that people get careless and then shoot the rear eye. After a few shots, the plastic breaks and ruins the chrono. I have seen two destroyed over a 2 month period. Make a wooden housing for it with Plexiglas over the top for the eyes. It works great and you won't ruin your Chrono. Chrony's come with metal rods and a plastic cover to shade the eyes on a bright day. This is only needed with high velocity bullets. With paintballs you won't have to worry about it. The Gamma model also will calculate the time between shots and can even connect to a printer. It isn't a BPS timer, it just gives you the time between shots and you need to calculate BPS yourself. The Alpha model can be picked up for about $80.

So you can scrap the wire and shades for paintballs? And for the covering of the rear eyes the plexiglass wont affect its accuracy will it?

Does any one know how long the battery lif is on any of the chrony models (F1 specifically)
Feenstrovski: putting the MAN into MANufacture

#35 User is offline   WeltCollector 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WeltCollector

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

View PostFeenstrovski, on Mar 2 2007, 09:13 AM, said:

So you can scrap the wire and shades for paintballs? And for the covering of the rear eyes the plexiglass wont affect its accuracy will it?

Does any one know how long the battery lif is on any of the chrony models (F1 specifically)

I have used a Chrony Gamma with the same battery for 6 monthes of weekly use. It stays on for about 3-4 hours each time.

I have never needed the shades when using the Chrony for paintballs. The eyes work by seeing the slightest variation in light over head. With a high speed bullet it needs to be shaded so that it can see the variation better. With clear Plexiglas it has no problem seeing the light variations. Chrony sell a plastic cover just for paintball. It is only meant to keep the Chrono clean. If it was attached to the chrono I would use it, but is just slips over the top and doesn't protect the Chrono from careless paintballers not paying attention to your investment.
<a href="http://www.pickuppaintball.tk" target="_blank">Pickup Paintball</a>

<a href="http://www.paintballpics.us" target="_blank">Tourney Pics</a>

#36 User is offline   jesus-freak 

• texas ranger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jesus-freak

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

back in the day our ancestors shot at a tree and saw how much bark came off, but I shot at a few bushes one time, killed em, thought paintballs were non-toxic, apparently not to plants at that velocity, so I turned it down.

Or you could just go to your local field and ask them to chrony it, and just dont mess with the adjuster.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig.
One day a man walked into a bar and ordered a martini, the bartender, trying to be nice, asked him what his I.Q. was, the man said it was 150, so they talked about physics and stuff.
The next day, the man walked in again, ordered another martini, and told the bartender his I.Q. was 100, so they talked about football.
The last day, the man walked in again, ordered another martini, and told the bartender his I.Q. was 20, the bartender said "YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY GOING TO NOMINATE HILARY FOR PRESIDENT?"

#37 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

lol thats what i suggest to people who wont buy a chrono, drive to any pro feild and chrono your marker there then drive back to your outlaw game

#38 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

i see nobody even mentioned a balistic pendulum...

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#39 User is offline   Matt H 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 MATT A-5

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

I have a physics problem for this..the one i typed up in here didnt work out...i WILL get a new one to figure it out though. Very simple projectile motion problem but physics was last semester already :ghillie:

This post has been edited by Matt H: 06 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

#40 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:46 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Mar 6 2007, 05:03 PM, said:

i see nobody even mentioned a balistic pendulum...

-THE MENACE

lol because thats just worse than not having a chrono, my god having to do the mathmadical calculations on the feild

i would want to blow my brains out lol

yea, thats awesome but my god, you seriously want to do the math?

edit to post the formula incase anyone decides to do this:

http://hyperphysics....ase/balpen.html

lol im gonna have to rember that menace. mucho kudos to you dude, thats a freakin awesome idea even if it is unorthodox lol

This post has been edited by Dream of Nullification: 06 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

#41 User is offline   undividedattention 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CorpsmanBravo

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:22 AM

fire your marker at your friends leg at close range.
Calculate the following:
time that it takes for your friend to scream squared by feet per second that you run away
take that number and multiply it by the number of times that your friend punched you after he caught you.
this total will give you the number of reasons to buy a chrono

#42 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

zd_98c we have a chrono? I still need to chip in on that. Or is it Garrets?
A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#43 User is offline   Andrewliu6294 

• Nothing to do but wait.
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

well, if you really cannot afford a chrono, and you have decent sound recording material, you should be able to tell the time between when the gun fired and when the paintball hit.

i did this, and then later checked with an actual chrono, it was safely chronoed at 250, which is around what we were aiming for. not too bad, i must say.

of course, the requires LOTS of calculation, and time.

This post has been edited by Andrewliu6294: 08 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

#44 User is offline   Zach_attack 

• Pimp slap
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:On the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

View Postundividedattention, on Mar 7 2007, 12:22 AM, said:

fire your marker at your friends leg at close range.
Calculate the following:
time that it takes for your friend to scream squared by feet per second that you run away
take that number and multiply it by the number of times that your friend punched you after he caught you.
this total will give you the number of reasons to buy a chrono

hmmm Carry the 5, multiply the 100. Something like 592856.

BUY A CHRONO AND ALWAYS USE IT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users