Special Ops Paintball: Hundredth Monkey Turtle Cap Review - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hundredth Monkey Turtle Cap Review I didn't see a review for this product...so heres my review

#1 User is offline   Disposable Hero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Psychotron

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

The hat is made of fabric covered foam, not the kind inside your goggles. Its firmer than that, but still squishy. Theres a strip of ventilation holes from front to back and two others from side to side. The inside of the hat has a liner made out of football shirt mesh. The inside rim of the hat has a band of elastic, which for my big head is a bit tight. I fold the elastic outward and it fits perfect. I didn't feel too much of a difference between the L and XL, so I bought the L because it was the only size they had in black. It cost me about $30.

On the field you wont feel a hit at all. I usually have to check with my hand to see if the paint broke or bounced. I'm sure you'll get more bounces off the hat than your head. As far as it getting too hot I didn't notice any difference between this and a regular cap.

To clean it I just spray it off with a garden hose until all the paint is off and hang it to dry.

To all kids whos parents insist on them getting a headshield, you could add this to regular goggles and still have full head protection.

#2 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:51 PM

How hot is it when you wear this? I'm interested in getting one, but I do most of my paintballing in 85-100 degree heat, and they look pretty heavy.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#3 User is offline   Disposable Hero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Psychotron

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

Its very light. I wouldn't say any hotter than a normal hat. Although I neglected to wear it one day when it was about 100 degrees thinking I won't get hit in the head. I should have worn it. I forgot how much head shots sting, plus it left a little bump. You could always douse your head with water. :P

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

i bought one many years ago, when they first started. I liked the hat a lot. Cept that it only came in one size then, they come in 3 now. It didnt fit my head right due to my long hair. It was also really really hot, as there are only a few breathing holes on it. Im hoping they have remedied that too. Overall it was a great hat. It just didnt fit. Now that they have sizes, im sure id like it better.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users