• You cannot reply to this topic

Marker Feed Back An A-5 like you have never seen one before Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Sheldy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

Thanks GH Militia Man!

I was taking a quick look at my stock yesterday and your right I dont think there would be much room in there either because of the indent in it. I think I'll go with the male stabiliser setup for now until I can afford to go air.

To go air for me would mean buying the air setup, and buying a decent sized scuba tank and yoke as the nearest place to me that does air is a 45 minute drive away!

Yes a guide to your setup would be really great cos that is an amazing gun you've got yourself there! :laugh:

#32 User is offline   omeblaston 

• If you'll excuse me, i have some death to defy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:omeblaston

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:39 AM

wow tht sure is a nice lookin gun. hey where did you find a 92/4500 tank? i am kinda lookin for one that big. also how much did it cost you? thanks
My Birgade Page My Feedback Page
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

"There isn't a single logical pattern of thought in a female's mind. Freud tried to understand women, but it only lead to his opium addiction." -SubMiller

#33 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

View PostSheldy, on Feb 26 2007, 03:12 AM, said:

Thanks GH Militia Man!

I was taking a quick look at my stock yesterday and your right I dont think there would be much room in there either because of the indent in it. I think I'll go with the male stabiliser setup for now until I can afford to go air.

To go air for me would mean buying the air setup, and buying a decent sized scuba tank and yoke as the nearest place to me that does air is a 45 minute drive away!

Yes a guide to your setup would be really great cos that is an amazing gun you've got yourself there! :D

Your welcome, anything to help out another paint baller, and thanks for the compliment. I really enjoy playing with it. Some people may call me crazy for putting $1k into an A-5 but it sure is fun to use.

View Postomeblaston, on Feb 26 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

wow tht sure is a nice lookin gun. hey where did you find a 92/4500 tank? i am kinda lookin for one that big. also how much did it cost you? thanks

Thanks for the compliment as for the tank I picked it up from HotShotPaintball.com. I Have the low pressure output so below I listed links to both the high pressure and low pressure output tanks. As for what it will cost you a new one with run about $210.00

Crossfire 92/4500 900psi output tank

Crossfire 92/4500 450psi output tank

#34 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• I AM BOB, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB THE AXE

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

Exelant and inspiring gun!

I have a question about you LPK but It will have to do with my 98c so try to keep it in mind. How nessesary is it to keep the lighter bolt and volumizer to keep as much air efficiency. But what is a volumizer and what exactly does it do? I was thinking replacing the lighter bolt with a titanium one would work because titanium is stronger and lighter than aluminium so what do you think?

P.S. This is for my secret project you ppl dont need to know about.
"Trying to be less of an A-hole even if it does not seem like it."
1st Member of the SIGless union.

#35 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beaker

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:33 AM

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 26 2007, 11:08 PM, said:

I have a question about you LPK but It will have to do with my 98c so try to keep it in mind. How nessesary is it to keep the lighter bolt and volumizer to keep as much air efficiency. But what is a volumizer and what exactly does it do? I was thinking replacing the lighter bolt with a titanium one would work because titanium is stronger and lighter than aluminium so what do you think?

A volumizer is nothing more than a holding/expansion chamber. To operate at lower pressure you will require a larger volume of gas to propel the ordinance. It's all math and physics. 850psi/whatever volume of gas required has to equal 350-400psi/whatever larger volume of gas required. The volumizer allows for that volume of gas to be readily available for the marker.

Now for those with A5A2's, if you wanted to keep your foregrip clean, you could mount your pamler in the stock, then get a dual offset site rail from UMS and a 1" scope ring to mount the volumizer up high behind your cyclone like my stab in this pic:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by beaker: 27 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

#36 User is offline   Sheldy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:31 AM

So is that a 'direct' stab then Beaker?

How do you have it connected to the LPK?

BTW as with GH Militia Man your gun looks awesome, especially with that launcher! :D

#37 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:49 AM

View PostSheldy, on Feb 27 2007, 09:31 AM, said:

So is that a 'direct' stab then Beaker?

How do you have it connected to the LPK?

BTW as with GH Militia Man your gun looks awesome, especially with that launcher! :ghillie:

Beaker's got a Male stabilizer, but he has remote tank adapter to reduce the ASA threads to 1/8in NPT.

Both me and Beaker have custom LPK setups. Beaker taped the hope the right on the volumizer and I taped a hole into the adapter ring the goes around the volumizer.

Finally, umm I don't have a launcher, only Beaker does, so what are you talking about.

#38 User is offline   Sheldy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:37 AM

Sorry GH Militia Man!

What I meant was, Beaker, I love your gun especially with that launcher!

As much as love your gun too GH Militia Man! :D

Still a bit confused on the whole as I guess there are a multitude of different custom setups that could be put to use depending on gun/system, personal preference!

I think I will order a Male stabiliser and fit that to my gun for now and see how it goes.

I've just got my Rampage Board through the post and I am going to get a JCS jet click as well.

I take it turning the ROF right up on this is going to be a bad idea if you killed your lightening rod straight in and I'm only using the standard rod? Though of course I doubt CO2 could get those sorts of speeds anyway.

#39 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

LOL thanks for the love there,
Yeah there are a ton of ways that you can set up custom stuff, all you need is some creativity. I hope all goes good with your A-5. Your pretty much right about the issue of high ROF's and CO2, but I'm going to estimate from my personal experience that you could quite comfortabley be able to shoot 18-19 BPS with those upgrades. What in fact happened with my Lightening rod was that it had a defective bearing in it so I'm waiting to get that replaced. Once I have a new one I should be able to finally do testing with my marker to see what my max ROF is. The reason that I don't already know this is that it took a while to get everything tweaked in and working properly with each other. I guess that happens when you try to get products from about a dozen different manufacturers all working together.

#40 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

View Postbeaker, on Feb 27 2007, 06:33 AM, said:

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 26 2007, 11:08 PM, said:

A volumizer is nothing more than a holding/expansion chamber. To operate at lower pressure you will require a larger volume of gas to propel the ordinance. It's all math and physics. 850psi/whatever volume of gas required has to equal 350-400psi/whatever larger volume of gas required. The volumizer allows for that volume of gas to be readily available for the marker.

Now for those with A5A2's, if you wanted to keep your foregrip clean, you could mount your pamler in the stock, then get a dual offset site rail from UMS and a 1" scope ring to mount the volumizer up high behind your cyclone like my stab in this pic:

Posted Image

Another question: does the volumiver HAVE to be that close to the cvx valve? Could I hide it some were else, maybe in a drum magazine or something?

#41 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:19 AM

Umm I have never, in all the Paintball Lingo that I have come across, heard the term CVX valve, but you basically want to keep it right at the Tombstone, because its purpose is to supply a sufficient volume of air to the valve. If it were not there then it would be constrained by smaller gas lines and there for at high rates of fire act as if you were running out of air and not re cock all the way. You could indeed cover it up with something like a drum clip though.

#42 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:15 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Mar 1 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

Umm I have never, in all the Paintball Lingo that I have come across, heard the term CVX valve, but you basically want to keep it right at the Tombstone, because its purpose is to supply a sufficient volume of air to the valve. If it were not there then it would be constrained by smaller gas lines and there for at high rates of fire act as if you were running out of air and not re cock all the way. You could indeed cover it up with something like a drum clip though.

I AM USING A 98 CUSTOM (custom pro actually)
The CVX valve is the valve that you must hit the hammer with to get air flow Posted Image
The A5 has the same thing it is just called a power tube. The 98 custom's LPK has it's volumizer directly under the cvx valve (there are no tombstone on the 98s) I want to move it over a little bit to fit inside a drum mag which will be seated over top of the front grip also conveniently covering the reg. Posted Image
Will this setup work, or will it suffocate my gun?

This post has been edited by MRDEATHWISH: 01 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

#43 User is offline   Paintball Taliban 

• That Guy in the Corner you barely know
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MyNameWontFitHere

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

yeah, i want to know about Mr. Deathwish's setup, so I will know whether or not to go on with my own project... just so you know, Mr. Deathwish, I'm not just copying your setup, I'm just working on something similar... I'll make a thread when I'm done with it 100% and have checked the specs...

5N1P35 is my name on almost every other forum
Sabre #123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536

#44 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

Relleh-niceehhh... I gotta find a way to put stabalizers n junk in my stock...

did I die for a second there?...

#45 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

View PostPaintball Taliban, on Mar 1 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

yeah, i want to know about Mr. Deathwish's setup, so I will know whether or not to go on with my own project... just so you know, Mr. Deathwish, I'm not just copying your setup, I'm just working on something similar... I'll make a thread when I'm done with it 100% and have checked the specs...

I dont much care if anyone makes thing simmilar to me. Well I guess I should tell you what i am up to.

Well I am going to build an **** with all the fixings like a *** ** ******* **** and ****** *** ***** with ****** **** ******* and a **** ** ***** and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cool eh? :dry: Sorry but everthing is still top seceret.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users