Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword Research - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword Research For a position with so many personal variations Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: What do you think a Broadsword requires? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Paint Amount

1. 1300 rounds- a hopper full and 8 pods for a standard broadsword vest (69 votes [43.95%])

Percentage of vote: 43.95%

2. <1300 rounds- for all of you who shoot like a Hammer, but with just one marker (35 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

3. >1300 rounds- suppression fire is what you do, but 1300 is way to much (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

Rate of Fire

1. Semi Auto- how ever fast you can pull is all you need to shoot em' up and keep em' down (54 votes [34.39%])

Percentage of vote: 34.39%

2. Response Trigger- Keeping the balls flying is the name of your game, but full auto is just not necessary (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

3. Full Auto- Lets just say when it comes to spraying paint you "Git er' done" (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

4. Full Auto+ (20 BPS or greater)- You have spent more on your A-5 then a guy with a stock Hammer (23 votes [14.65%])

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

Grenades

1. No- those are for guys more towards the front (46 votes [29.30%])

Percentage of vote: 29.30%

2. Yes- you love to really mess stuff up (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

3. Essential- Your a mobile freaking armory (58 votes [36.94%])

Percentage of vote: 36.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 User is offline   Hafnium 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Hafnium

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hey if Jamacan track runners make great bobsledders than I see no reason why a couple of Broadswords cant go in like daggers and really stir the pot... a little up in your face bunker busting. My only precaution would be gear management and making sure your backside (tanks and pods) stays covered.
He who is skilled in defeat shall neve see destruction

#77 User is offline   Ghost_Wolf 

• Silent but Deadly.
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

View PostHafnium, on Apr 7 2007, 10:13 PM, said:

Hey if Jamacan track runners make great bobsledders than I see no reason why a couple of Broadswords cant go in like daggers and really stir the pot... a little up in your face bunker busting. My only precaution would be gear management and making sure your backside (tanks and pods) stays covered.

Funny you should say that: I took a shot on a my tank and didn't feel it, guy bugged out when i played on. (i had no problems leaving when the ref checked me). It;s kinda hard to tuck everything in when my back is bristling with gear. thare's only so much space behind each bit of cover, and if i keep all of my bulk tucked in, something gets left in the line of fire.

What's more of a problem is what to do with empty Q-pods. At 20-30 bucks each, i don;t wanna toss em on the ground and leave em behind/let em get stomped on. I;m using an old gymbag as a dump puch at the moment, but it;s kinda clunky. Any suggestions?
--Ghost_Wolf
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#78 User is offline   Hafnium 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hafnium

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

Empty Q pods are the eternal problem. They either take up pod stows (increasing profile) or clunk around (noise generators) or you toss em (bye bye 20-30 bucks)

I do not own any but I have used several of my buddies systems that do. The only solution I have found acceptable is ditch your whole vest right before a bunker bust run (usually when you are sure the OpFor is totally on defense). Otherwise I just put then back in the empty slot, working clockwise around my vest. It presents the best combination for noise supression, no extra bags to carry, and my profile stays static. Sorry man, this is not one of those easy answer questions.
He who is skilled in defeat shall neve see destruction

#79 User is offline   OSinsOgre 

• Ogre kills humans - Live at 5 on Action News
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GRENDEL THE OGRE

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

View PostGhost_Wolf, on Apr 8 2007, 12:46 AM, said:

Funny you should say that: I took a shot on a my tank and didn't feel it, guy bugged out when i played on. (i had no problems leaving when the ref checked me). It;s kinda hard to tuck everything in when my back is bristling with gear. thare's only so much space behind each bit of cover, and if i keep all of my bulk tucked in, something gets left in the line of fire.

What's more of a problem is what to do with empty Q-pods. At 20-30 bucks each, i don;t wanna toss em on the ground and leave em behind/let em get stomped on. I;m using an old gymbag as a dump puch at the moment, but it;s kinda clunky. Any suggestions?

Here is a thought, if you have any empty space on the chest to put some pouches and leave them empty to place a few empty Qpods when reloading. Or you can get a leg drop that has a dump pouch to place them in. Some of the military surplus stores or online stores have them, some even come as belt attachments if you don't wand a leg drop.
Proudly sponsored by My Girlfriend, Pay Check, Friends, Sheer Will. Why? Becuse I play paintball!

#80 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

View PostOSinsOgre, on Apr 7 2007, 02:40 AM, said:

As far as respecting you I hold no current respect OR disrespect to you. I was talking barrel length with you, until my "buble gum" comment to you which maybe out of line.

Disrespect your gear? I don't care what you come on the field with. I thought we were having a conversation about barrel lenght.

The sport I sure a heck respect it, love it, and enjoy it.

As far a being a man I have crossed this country of ours (assuming your in America) many a times, sailed 4 of the 7 seas, seen about 1/3 of this world. Had a great paying job with money to spare, nearly lost all that I have on two occasions, picked my sorry butt up and got back on this horse called life. I AM a man. And if you need to ask for respect from people then you surly won't ge it from them. People will give their respect to you by your actions and by what you say. I don't even care if you respect me or wish only to disrespect me. My life will continue until it is no more.

So lets stop this bickering Col.Anonymous for I have more to do in life then to have to see you complain about something. Lets talk broadsword position, how we can improve it for the newbs. Learn from each other or just not say anything else to each other.

I don't ask for respect, that's what I expect from a fellow adult but in today's society, kids act better than adults(at least where I live, and where I've been to, seen ect.). Since you disrespected me in every post you made(even the last one) you will have to earn my respect.

Hell if you wanna talk barrels I'll talk barrels with you, but as soon as you dis mine or someone else's barrel, that's when I cut the crap so to speak. I would like nothing more but to stop fighting but I don't lower my gun till your's is lowered first.

My style of play for Broadsword:use accuracy, unload paint and nades, rarely use cover, mow the lawn, wipe out opfor, use cover when absolutely necessary, and follow orders.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#81 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

View PostTrumpet, on Jan 14 2007, 06:38 AM, said:

I see the Broadsword is " A Jack of ALL Trades, and a Master of ALL"

A sabre is a jack of trades, nota broadsword
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#82 User is offline   nate 

• Back from the dead
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nated

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 14 2007, 05:12 AM, said:

So I have my theory of how there are Light Broadswords and Heavy Broadswords. I plan on posting more about it later after I see some results with this poll.

Thanks to everyone who helps out.

lol u wanna talk to a hevy broadsword talk to me :P
ORIGINAL tippmann a5, lapco 16" bigshot, all lapco cyclone internals and qeph, jcs red hot powertube

#83 User is offline   The Wildcard 

• Broadsword Number 25
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Wildcard

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:18 PM

Wow this is a huge thread, I could't resist putting in my two cents in here...

since I never really get the chance to play with alot of true woodsballers I am often forced into service as a commander, but my true skills lie in broadsword. My rig is a full-mod A5, well beyond that of the Spec Ops A5A2 broadsword model, minus the flatline (I hate that thing). Most other Broadswords I've happend across tend to lean towards the Hammer's side of the fence and that's cool, most times there aren't any true Hammers at the whatever game we happen to be at.

I, myself, tend to find a niche between Saber and Broadsword. In this place I maintain a freedom of manuverability and an ability to lay down fire support liberally. Also, at times this becomes an effective means to feel the battle a bit more than the usual Broadsword and helps when im acting as Squad Commander.

Shoot, Move, and Communicate!
I spray paint. I spray paint anywhere I want, at anything I want, whatever keeps my daggers moving, or my sabers covered. When I pull my rig out the back of my truck speedballers look at me like I'm insane. But, when I crank up my rig walk-ons wet their pants. I am a Broadsword, "support by fire" is my life, my watchword, my motto. I spray paint.

#84 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

You know that your poll is messed up, right?

<1300 rounds means 'less than 1300 rounds,' while >1300 rounds means 'greater than 1300 rounds.' Therefore, my vote is probably messed up for the first one.

For the other two, I chose 'Response' because that's what I have on my A5, and 'Yes' because grenades are just fun.
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#85 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

What is the topic again? I just read through this thing and got a guy asking for full auto fields (By the way, the 24 Hour Games field that was mentioned is in Dalton, Georgia, and is called Absolute Paintball. Field is owned by a guy named Tony, games are produced by Andy "Hoop" Sheppard). Another Full-Auto allowing field is Wolf's Ridge Paintball in Christiansburg, Virginia. It's a small local field that is great for one day weekend rec play.

And a 20.5 Inch barrel is no more accurate than a 12 or 14, but a lot less gas efficient.

As for my rig (don't know if I post it before I left). Anywhere from 2 pods and a hopper for a small 3v3 game, to 13 Pods and a Hopper in scenarios where big firefights will occur. Typically I just have a 72/3000 which works perfectly for 4 pods an a hopper's worth of paint.
Also, I'm shooting through a Flatline with Air America Intimidator on the tip, with a Stock E-Grip and M-249 stock. It also has a JCS Red Hot Power Tube and Vortex Cyclone Mod. An M-249 Ammo Drum and Vertical Grip on the Flatline rounds it out.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#86 User is offline   Hegemone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hegemone

Post icon  Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

Heh. Maybe I'm a little on the heavy side...I run about with 2200 rounds (including hopper) and i'm getting a 450 hopper soon. Plus two 20oz co2's run in parallel so i have less of a problem with the frost aspect.
user posted image

#87 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

I will have to make sure i don't meet you in a firefight cause i would loose badly.

This post has been edited by Assasin2213: 23 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

04 RX8 is my baby

#88 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

View PostPirate, on May 18 2007, 10:38 PM, said:

And a 20.5 Inch barrel is no more accurate than a 12 or 14, but a lot less gas efficient.

I'm starting to wonder if everyone on the forum is either ignorant or stupid... :question: , cuz apparently no one knows anything.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#89 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

So now after the roughly 5 months that this topic has been up there has been a lot that has been said. I think that it has been established that many of you here notice yourself playing much heavier or lighter than the standard broadsword. I think that people like to associate themselves with with a bit more specificness. I know that there have been a few that say that the SO positions are just a guide line, but as I believe I have said before, I feel that there is a lot of variation that comes to this position. Because of nay sayers is the reason I did not just jump in here and say there their needs to be these two new positions. So now after all the time that this thread has been up, the 149 poll votes that have shown a distribution that I found to be fairly expectable, the 88 replies to this topic and seeing other threads about a Midrange Broadsword, Offensive Broadsword, etc. etc. I felt confident in ask you guys whether these two positions are something that you guys would recognize as positions if some one said to you that they are a Longsword or a BattleAxe (I'm not talking about recognition by SO right now).

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users