Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword Research - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword Research For a position with so many personal variations Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: What do you think a Broadsword requires? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Paint Amount

1. 1300 rounds- a hopper full and 8 pods for a standard broadsword vest (69 votes [43.95%])

Percentage of vote: 43.95%

2. <1300 rounds- for all of you who shoot like a Hammer, but with just one marker (35 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

3. >1300 rounds- suppression fire is what you do, but 1300 is way to much (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

Rate of Fire

1. Semi Auto- how ever fast you can pull is all you need to shoot em' up and keep em' down (54 votes [34.39%])

Percentage of vote: 34.39%

2. Response Trigger- Keeping the balls flying is the name of your game, but full auto is just not necessary (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

3. Full Auto- Lets just say when it comes to spraying paint you "Git er' done" (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

4. Full Auto+ (20 BPS or greater)- You have spent more on your A-5 then a guy with a stock Hammer (23 votes [14.65%])

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

Grenades

1. No- those are for guys more towards the front (46 votes [29.30%])

Percentage of vote: 29.30%

2. Yes- you love to really mess stuff up (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

3. Essential- Your a mobile freaking armory (58 votes [36.94%])

Percentage of vote: 36.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

View PostChaos Fiend, on Jan 25 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

but then theres the very effectiveness of heavy broadswords. i have to agree that for huge scenarios like ION, you should load out w/ 8 pods, 4 grenades, pistol, mine or 2, water, radio, couple squeegies and a LAW. i mean on a scenario field u should be a freaking armory. personally i think a broadsword more toward the heavy end of the spectrum is a lot better, just because u strike a lot of fear and domination. i mean if u walk out there with enough crap to take on an army and supply a couple teamates, then i think that would be even scarier than a hammer. i would hate to see some guy ripping paint at my location, then throw a grenade, and whip out a LAW and fire it at me. i'd be scared DOO DOOless as a dagger.

lol I like that mobile armory, and man it's extremely effective because of the mind games it plays on other players. Yeah I scare the life outta people, and man is it funny... :dry:

View Postbeaker, on Jan 25 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

View PostTrumpet, on Jan 24 2007, 05:20 AM, said:

View Postbeaker, on Jan 24 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

...Personally, I carry more paint than my tank will shoot, so that I can re-supply my teammates as well. I also think grenades are essential for every player on the field. Markers fail at any given moment, or bunkers provide enough cover to block your shot. Grenades are equalizers. I carry 8.

I totaly agree with the above, apart from the carrying paint to resupply team members, if you carry paint for the rest of the team then they get used to it and think that they will not carry the paint they require plus some spare just in case...

...On the larger games we drag around a spare rucksack with 100 ball pods, Q pods, 10 ball tubes, air and grenades in, we never carry it on the back in case one of us gets shot out, then its just picked up buy others.

As far as a marker fails then some of us have a pistol as a side arm... a good addition to any ones kit list,

Sorry, just caught this. I think it's vital for a back man to carry ammo for a quick re-supply. You are only as good as your team. If one of your front men runs out of paint, then you've lost a flank. I don't run out of paint. I run out of air. That's why I carry extra, simply because I can and someone has to. It really sucks being overrun by another team because your front line ran out of ammo and was eliminated. It also sucks when you've got a kill shot on a 30 point commander with no paint in your hopper. The rucksack plan doesn't really work. The paint is never where you need it. And I don't let my guys go without enough paint. Full packs every time. But situations change. Objectives change. You could be on a recon mission, and suddenly be called for firefight support for a flag push. That's why if you have the ability to carry spare paint for your teammates, you should.

I strongly agree that you should always carry extra paint for your teammates. I've found myself handin out pods during games sometimes and it's saved us in more than one way.

So always carry a crap load of paint and air.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#32 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

I agree I carry 8 pods with me looking to add 4 more for more paint and a few gernades but yes I also run out of air well before I run out of paint and have actually had to resupply my teams general in the middle of a fire fight (guess thats why I'm always the secret service in the big games :P <----- Cool spy guy shades lol.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#33 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

View PostChaos Fiend, on Jan 25 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

but then theres the very effectiveness of heavy broadswords. i have to agree that for huge scenarios like ION, you should load out w/ 8 pods, 4 grenades, pistol, mine or 2, water, radio, couple squeegies and a LAW. i mean on a scenario field u should be a freaking armory. personally i think a broadsword more toward the heavy end of the spectrum is a lot better, just because u strike a lot of fear and domination. i mean if u walk out there with enough crap to take on an army and supply a couple teamates, then i think that would be even scarier than a hammer. i would hate to see some guy ripping paint at my location, then throw a grenade, and whip out a LAW and fire it at me. i'd be scared DOO DOOless as a dagger.

For big games I really enjoy playing Battle Axe (Heavy Broadsword). 20-25 BPS (I have gotten it up to 20 but I fried a TechT lightning rod before I could push it further) with an upped A-5 where a stock Hammer shots to like 30. I have guys on my own team that are afraid of me (when I'm facing against them). I'm not into making my A-5 look anything like a real gun, but people sure do think twice when I start firing. Even though I recently upgraded to HPA, I picked up a JCS Red Hot Power tube so that with my A-5 and my Flatline it is one extremely loud gun. Call it a psychological advantage. My next buy is going to be an operative vest and 2 leg pod pouches to put me up to a full case of paint on me at once. Some day I defiantly plan on getting a Scepter Launcher for my A-5 but that's when I can get a hold of one and have the money for it.

I'm not a huge fan of being a pod monkey for my teammates, but I will help some one out if they need it. I think that everyone should carry enough paint to supply their own cravings.

#34 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

View Postbeaker, on Jan 25 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

Sorry to sway off topic again, but I do not believe the XM203 is SPPL legal, because (1) it fires airsoft bb's (not .68 caliber) and (2) it fires them in a grapeshot fashion (shotgun round).

it is an airsoft luancher but works in the same style as the rap4 launcher and opsgear launcher, and they make plenty of diff. grenades for em. the paintball one fits 4 paintballs.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#35 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

im clasified as a mobile tank at times beucase i have
A5 20+ bps w/flatline full auto
broadsword vest 8 140 round tubes and 4 100
ACP2.0 pistol holster with 2 extra mags
Law launcher
3-5 grenades
at times i have smoke
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#36 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

I generally start with a full hopper (100 or 200 rounds depending on size) and between two and six 100rd pods depending upon the anticipated duration of the round. For large games, I sometimes carry two or four additional 100rd pods on my belt. My air consists of a 20oz co2 bottle, sometimes with a 3.5oz or 9oz backup bottle. I carefully balance my load for firepower and mobility; depending upon the terrain, time constraints of the operation, and the probability of encountering a stronger hostile force, I vary my loadout to fit.

My general loadout at the start of a round:

*Tippmann A5 (with full-auto e-grip) or Tippmann 98C (semi-auto)
*Flatline or Apex Barrel
*100 or 200 rounds in the hopper
*200-600rds in 100rd pods, additional 200-400rds when necessary
*Pistol secondary with two 10rd magazines and one extra 12g
*2-6 smoke grenades if necessary

In one instance, I carried both my A5 and a 98C while omitting the pistol, before getting the flatline for the A5.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#37 User is offline   Ackilliez 

• You Can't Handle My Custom Member Title!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ackilliez

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:47 AM

i guess i would qualify for the middle of the three broadswords. i carry 8 or 9 pods (however many will fit in my vest) and i use supressive fire whenever necessary. But i have also been known to flank, sneak, crawl, and run point for my team. (i used to play sabre). I think i will call it the "Double-Edged Sword" hehehe.
anyway here is my gear kit:
Mokal Mirage (antique old semi-auto marker)
Broadsword 6 vest w/ 8-9 pods
at least two f-bombs
remote line w/ 20oz Co2 tank on my back.

XO, 205 MP Company, Oklahoma D-Day 2008

#38 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Ok going to chime in real quick...

The amount of paint should be based on your over all effiecency, if you're marker only get 1000 rnds per... 68/4500 then it's just dumb to bring out 1600. So instead of saying just paint through in your tank size or average tank consumption. Like my set-up can get 1800 +/- but I carry 500-1600 rnds for a full 88/4500.
The F/A thing, I would like to use a capped F/A but it will never happen, not for awhile atleast.
The "Long Sword/ Broad Sword".... They are pretty much the same position, a Broad Swords roll is to provide cover fire, support and flanking ability, a light gunner would sit more and that comes to style of play, not really positions.
Grenades should be a most or atleast some support weapon wiether it be pair pods for others, Master Mines or a SMAW (Shoulder Mounted Assualt Weapon). You have to think that we are the end all be all of fire support on the field, we don't have to raw pumble power of the Hammer but when gets in front of us gets leveled...

#39 User is offline   Combatbob 

• Combatbob
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ambushy

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:41 AM

1790 rounds pgp 2001 with 10 rounds plus 10 round tube usually no nades 90 4500 tank im a mobile gun platform lol
Official broadsword #6

#40 User is offline   Heavyman25 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavyman25

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

its all preferance whatever someones good at thats what they use

#41 User is offline   dillz 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

In that case I must be a battle axe or a claymore sword due to what I'm loading 1450 rounds 110ci 4500 tank and whatever else I can find a spot for on my person I live by the "motto better to have and not need then to need and not have" so like I said above extra paint got it and if you end up needing it give me a shout I am on the field for support of my team even if I am part ammo dump.

#42 User is offline   RaptorMan 

• Righteous Dude
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RaptorMan

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:34 AM

Maybe I'm just tired but I think you got the greater than and less than signs mixed up in the polls...

My last scenario my loadout was 1800 rounds and I plan on increasing that to 2200 rounds as soon as I find a molle leg rig that I like. 300 on left thigh, tiberius on right thigh 9 pods on my back, 3 tiberius mags and another 3 100 round pods on front of my vest. I think I'll need to get an LPK to get that many rounds out of my 114/4500 but we'll see. I do think Broadswords should carry grenades, but only smoke... paint is for eliminations not suppression. And interestingly enough I use a stock mech ttrigger... I can only pull it like 6bps, sometimes higher but my hand cramps when I do that.... and I still burn through my paint. I tried the egrip and rt, and frankly, I dont want something else to screw around with and break. I'm probably the only guy with a QEV vortex and lightenning rod that doesnt use an egrip or rt. I have some opsgear pouch for grenades on the front of my vest and a specops pouch for my ID and other stuff.

#43 User is offline   wartang 

• The silent listener
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:wartang

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

long sword. hmm 975 paintballs and just enough co2 to fire them. as for the pod monkey thing i have given out a 4oz tank ( my pass out tank, ps get a new one) and when i know we're have to hold some thing big I'll give a pod to some one close to me so they help spot and provide addtional fire suport
View My Special Ops Brigade Page One word: Lewis. Two words: search it.

#44 User is offline   dillz 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

View Postwartang, on Mar 16 2007, 10:35 AM, said:

long sword. hmm 975 paintballs and just enough co2 to fire them. as for the pod monkey thing i have given out a 4oz tank ( my pass out tank, ps get a new one) and when i know we're have to hold some thing big I'll give a pod to some one close to me so they help spot and provide addtional fire suport

hmmm ya know I never thought about a pass out tank before thats a great idea ofr tema support other than the fact I just upgraded too a bigger tank and hoping that it will support all the paint I carry 1450 rounds the sites I've checked tell me it will support 1700 or so rounds with an air hog marker and I've upgraded my A5 to I hope less of an air hog, but we'll see as soon as the season opens

#45 User is offline   Sneaky 1 

• Nazgul044
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Nazgul044

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

I carry an A-5 with r/t flatline and air through stock and mag. Tac 8 with an extra mag for back up. 2 Gernades, a smoke if one is avalible. For air i have a 114ci 3000psi tank and 8 Dye lock lid pods. They carry 160 each so thats about 1450 including my hopper. I have never ran out of paint as of yet, been down to the last hopper though. I like Dillz motto Because every pouch on the broadsword vest not taken up by paint or gernades hold papertowls, google wipes, squeegys(both pull through and 2 battle swab) o-rings, renches, paper, pen, lighter, pocket knife ( and yes i have had to use those last four) Ect... I took pride when some one asked me if their was anything i didn't have on me.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users