Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword Research - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword Research For a position with so many personal variations Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: What do you think a Broadsword requires? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Paint Amount

1. 1300 rounds- a hopper full and 8 pods for a standard broadsword vest (69 votes [43.95%])

Percentage of vote: 43.95%

2. <1300 rounds- for all of you who shoot like a Hammer, but with just one marker (35 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

3. >1300 rounds- suppression fire is what you do, but 1300 is way to much (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

Rate of Fire

1. Semi Auto- how ever fast you can pull is all you need to shoot em' up and keep em' down (54 votes [34.39%])

Percentage of vote: 34.39%

2. Response Trigger- Keeping the balls flying is the name of your game, but full auto is just not necessary (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

3. Full Auto- Lets just say when it comes to spraying paint you "Git er' done" (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

4. Full Auto+ (20 BPS or greater)- You have spent more on your A-5 then a guy with a stock Hammer (23 votes [14.65%])

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

Grenades

1. No- those are for guys more towards the front (46 votes [29.30%])

Percentage of vote: 29.30%

2. Yes- you love to really mess stuff up (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

3. Essential- Your a mobile freaking armory (58 votes [36.94%])

Percentage of vote: 36.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

Wow, so far I have actually been really surprised with these poll results. I say this for two main reason; first, for the general evenness of the poll results, and second for the slight emphasis towards lighter broadswords. As I see with this that lighter and heavier broadswords are fairly common I introduce to you my variation to the Special Ops line up; the Longsword and The Battle Axe.

The Longsword
The lighter of the three in the Broadsword Family, but more orientated as a rifleman. Constantly on the move, but their there to get the other teams heads down. Right behind the other rifleman a Longsword grabs their opponents attention and either takes them out or opens the opportunity for Daggers or Sabers to do the job. This type of player carries a good deal of paint, and is well suited with a fast double trigger or a response trigger.

The Battle Axe
The Heavier of the three in the Broadsword Family, but more orientated towards extreme suppressive fire. A Battle Axe may be considered a direct replacement to a Hammer. With just as much paint, if not more, and almost the the same rate of fire as one, a Battle Axe has the advantage of maneuverability in a direct comparison. The job of one is to bust holes in the enemies front line, and to make an opportunity for the rest of their team where one wasn't before. In terms of an A-5, a Battle Axe marker is just about completely after market, costing as much as a Hammer with just one gun.

Position Icons for the Longsword and the Battle Axe with the rest of the normal positions and a small change to the standard Broadsword position.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm very much open to input from others on these two positions.

This post has been edited by GH Militia Man: 30 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

#17 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

Well then I'd call my self either a long sword or a hand and a half sword (is called something else but I would be warned or banned for saying it).

However due the the number of positions I play with only 1 setup, I call my self a katana. :evil:
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#18 User is offline   lespaul59 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIG D59

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:11 AM

I like the jack of all trades comment because thats what I am with the guys I play with. Some games I'm more of a suppression fire guy, I've been a sniper and probly every thing except commander. Some of the guy I play with wast so much paint that I can get my job done with around 700 rnds.

#19 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trumpet

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:30 AM

GH Militia Man, I could not get the pics in the PM so put then on here......
Hope you like.

Attached File  P1010022.JPG (92.38K)
Number of downloads: 18Attached File  P1010023.JPG (99.1K)
Number of downloads: 9Attached File  P1010024.JPG (92.3K)
Number of downloads: 21
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

SP8 Jungle, Standard at the mo............

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#20 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beaker

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:45 AM

View PostCol.Anonymous, on Jan 17 2007, 03:34 PM, said:

I'm one of those guys that's walking tank. And at some times I've been called a hammer cuz of the amount of paint I haul. The thing is right now I don't carry a full auto gun, is there a full auto kit for a tippmann 98c??? I can't find one...

I'll get back to you guys later with more broadsword theory

C.A.

The 98 Custom e-grip and e-bolt have been discontinued. All that's available is the R/T, which has been known to be faster than an e-grip anyways, when tuned correctly.

What you carry doesn't really affect your role. You're trying to classify the equipment that a broadsword carries, when "Broadsword" is a job title. The role of a broadsword is defense and suppression, and a fill in for everyone else. Someone could play the broadsword position with a pump if they wanted to, they just wouldn't be as effective. Personally, I carry more paint than my tank will shoot, so that I can re-supply my teammates as well. I also think grenades are essential for every player on the field. Markers fail at any given moment, or bunkers provide enough cover to block your shot. Grenades are equalizers. I carry 8.

I think the gunner position is reserved for a mobile "turret gunner", not for someone with a rifle. I'll stay a Broadsword/Heavy Rifleman please.

#21 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trumpet

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:20 AM

View Postbeaker, on Jan 24 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

The 98 Custom e-grip and e-bolt have been discontinued. All that's available is the R/T, which has been known to be faster than an e-grip anyways, when tuned correctly.

What you carry doesn't really affect your role. You're trying to classify the equipment that a broadsword carries, when "Broadsword" is a job title. The role of a broadsword is defense and suppression, and a fill in for everyone else. Someone could play the broadsword position with a pump if they wanted to, they just wouldn't be as effective. Personally, I carry more paint than my tank will shoot, so that I can re-supply my teammates as well. I also think grenades are essential for every player on the field. Markers fail at any given moment, or bunkers provide enough cover to block your shot. Grenades are equalizers. I carry 8.

I totaly agree with the above, apart from the carrying paint to resupply team members, if you carry paint for the rest of the team then they get used to it and think that they will not carry the paint they require plus some spare just in case, I very dont oftern give out paint as all our team memebers carry what they need, you may sometimes get a guy that may have a ball break wreck a pod, so others lean him one.

I play with guys with Q-loaders and hoppers, if a guy with a hopper runs out then I might leand him a couple of 10 tubes, if its a Q loader then I will lead a Q pod... I have leant ammo in the past and then due to that run out myself.....

On the larger games we drag around a spare rucksack with 100 ball pods, Q pods, 10 ball tubes, air and grenades in, we never carry it on the back incase one of us get shot out, the its just picked up buyt others.

As far as a marker fails then some of us have a pistol as a side arm... a good addition to any ones kit list,
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

SP8 Jungle, Standard at the mo............

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#22 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

...I don't like the r/t, I want full auto for my gun, I'm not tryin to get my gun to classify the "battle axe" I am sometimes, cuz who knows when I'll have to switch positions mid game.

Nice gun Trumpet, looks awesome.

I know some people are wondering exactly what I play with so here goes:Custom vest that holds 8-140 rd pods and horizontal co2; 98c; Q-bow 98c stock; 20.5 inch barrel (actually it's a c-series 18" a-5 barrel, with bmg barrel tip and barrel adaptor)(however sometimes I switch to my 9 inch barrel); ar-15 raised sight rail; bsa laser sight...I think that's all.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#23 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:43 AM

You could play broadsword like that. I carry 6 - 160's, plus the APP A-6 Monster sight hopper(380) and an 88/4500. I've got an APE borded e-grip and an M-16 Apex, plus a scepter launcher when things get hairy.

#24 User is offline   Thunder Wolf 

• Thunder Wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Thunder Wolf

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

I voted and the "walking armory" pretty much sums me up. 8 pods and a monster hopper on my A-5 is standard loadout (1500+ rounds). Like the f-bombs a bit, but I usually save those for bigger games and scenarios. Broadsword is best posistion I've played. Did sabere and it was fun but not the smae thrill in the action.

#25 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

I'm suprised there's not a comment on my 20 1/2 inch barrel yet. I don't know why some broadswords I know use short barrels all the time, like 10" or less-i got a 9" barrel, but I never use it for games in more open areas, my short barrel is like my speed ball/cqb barrel.

oops sorry for gettin off topic. I notice there are way more long swords that battle axes....I would like input on that.

#26 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

hey trumpet how do u like those grenades? seeing as they only fire 4 rds are they worth it?
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#27 User is offline   paintball7410 

• headshot
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipingmadcow

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

well if we talk about grenades then i carry about 12 at a time during a 24 hour scenario and around 1250 balls.

#28 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

well since i dont really have the money for all of this i'm going to put down what i think a broadsword should have, i think it should be more towards the light section (for SPPL style games). i would have an egrip, flatline, e hopper, air on gun (just my preference). the load out would be about 200 in the hopper, and 6 pods, i mean 1000rds should be good enough for a long game even scenarios. i believe you should keep the e grip on semi, just play like a reg player and when u get in tight situations start ripping paint, to cover ppls flanks. i think 7-10 bps is plenty to keep a couple bunkers busy. i also believe u should have at least 2 grenades, maybe even a disposable mine. besides that u should just have a radio, squeegie, pistol (a must in my opinion), and maybe some water. with a six pod set up, u are loaded out to the point where ur vest isnt that heavy and u can still run pretty well (mostly due to no tank) i mean its just 6 pods, pistol, squeegee, radio, and 2 grenades. light broadswords are able to suppress, dig and defend, and still be able to haul DUMPER when needed, which is what i do. i also like playing dagger tho, which is my position, but thats another story.

but then theres the very effectiveness of heavy broadswords. i have to agree that for huge scenarios like ION, you should load out w/ 8 pods, 4 grenades, pistol, mine or 2, water, radio, couple squeegies and a LAW. i mean on a scenario field u should be a freaking armory. personally i think a broadsword more toward the heavy end of the spectrum is a lot better, just because u strike a lot of fear and domination. i mean if u walk out there with enough crap to take on an army and supply a couple teamates, then i think that would be even scarier than a hammer. i would hate to see some guy ripping paint at my location, then throw a grenade, and whip out a LAW and fire it at me. i'd be scared DOO DOOless as a dagger.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#29 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Sorry to sway off topic again, but I do not believe the XM203 is SPPL legal, because (1) it fires airsoft bb's (not .68 caliber) and (2) it fires them in a grapeshot fashion (shotgun round).

#30 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

View PostTrumpet, on Jan 24 2007, 05:20 AM, said:

View Postbeaker, on Jan 24 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

...Personally, I carry more paint than my tank will shoot, so that I can re-supply my teammates as well. I also think grenades are essential for every player on the field. Markers fail at any given moment, or bunkers provide enough cover to block your shot. Grenades are equalizers. I carry 8.

I totaly agree with the above, apart from the carrying paint to resupply team members, if you carry paint for the rest of the team then they get used to it and think that they will not carry the paint they require plus some spare just in case...

...On the larger games we drag around a spare rucksack with 100 ball pods, Q pods, 10 ball tubes, air and grenades in, we never carry it on the back in case one of us gets shot out, then its just picked up buy others.

As far as a marker fails then some of us have a pistol as a side arm... a good addition to any ones kit list,

Sorry, just caught this. I think it's vital for a back man to carry ammo for a quick re-supply. You are only as good as your team. If one of your front men runs out of paint, then you've lost a flank. I don't run out of paint. I run out of air. That's why I carry extra, simply because I can and someone has to. It really sucks being overrun by another team because your front line ran out of ammo and was eliminated. It also sucks when you've got a kill shot on a 30 point commander with no paint in your hopper. The rucksack plan doesn't really work. The paint is never where you need it. And I don't let my guys go without enough paint. Full packs every time. But situations change. Objectives change. You could be on a recon mission, and suddenly be called for firefight support for a flag push. That's why if you have the ability to carry spare paint for your teammates, you should.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users