Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword Research - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword Research For a position with so many personal variations Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: What do you think a Broadsword requires? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Paint Amount

1. 1300 rounds- a hopper full and 8 pods for a standard broadsword vest (69 votes [43.95%])

Percentage of vote: 43.95%

2. <1300 rounds- for all of you who shoot like a Hammer, but with just one marker (35 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

3. >1300 rounds- suppression fire is what you do, but 1300 is way to much (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

Rate of Fire

1. Semi Auto- how ever fast you can pull is all you need to shoot em' up and keep em' down (54 votes [34.39%])

Percentage of vote: 34.39%

2. Response Trigger- Keeping the balls flying is the name of your game, but full auto is just not necessary (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

3. Full Auto- Lets just say when it comes to spraying paint you "Git er' done" (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

4. Full Auto+ (20 BPS or greater)- You have spent more on your A-5 then a guy with a stock Hammer (23 votes [14.65%])

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

Grenades

1. No- those are for guys more towards the front (46 votes [29.30%])

Percentage of vote: 29.30%

2. Yes- you love to really mess stuff up (53 votes [33.76%])

Percentage of vote: 33.76%

3. Essential- Your a mobile freaking armory (58 votes [36.94%])

Percentage of vote: 36.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

So I have my theory of how there are Light Broadswords and Heavy Broadswords. I plan on posting more about it later after I see some results with this poll.

Thanks to everyone who helps out.

#2 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trumpet

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

My feeling about a Broardsword is that he has one main objective

To keep the oppersition busy and confused, buy supesion fire, ie, lay loads of cover but without the need of a double weapon, and also using other things to give your team mates an advantage over others.

This can be one on all areas of the playing field, from the back, middle and front of the game, attack and defence are both rolls the Broadsword.

I see the Broadsword is " A Jack of ALL Trades, and a Master of ALL"

So that would mean that the kit a Broadsword should carry is veried and flexible.

This is what I carry
1 SP8 as Below c/w 1 Q-Pod, Air Bottle, Remote Line.
1 Zues G1+, 5 10 Ball Tubes, 5 CO2 - in a drop leg holster

In a Broadsword Vest
8 Q Pods, 3 Madbull Grenades, Radio Equipment, Leatherman, 3 Smokes, 3 Grenades, Cloth, Small First Aid Kit, Rubberbands (for quickly attaching local vegitation if reqired), electrial tape & tyraps (in field repairs).

When I know that I am in a defence base roll I have been known to take on the field a Dive tank and extra pods.
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

SP8 Jungle, Standard at the mo............

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#3 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

View PostTrumpet, on Jan 14 2007, 07:38 AM, said:

I like that!

Come on lets see some more votes.

#4 User is offline   Billy 

• I'll exile barbarian style like an executor.
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 14 2007, 02:12 AM, said:

So I have my theory of how there are Light Broadswords and Heavy Broadswords. I plan on posting more about it later after I see some results with this poll.

I could'nt agree more on the light/heavy contimplation I believe the same thing and feel myself as a light broadsword.

#5 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

I'm one of those guys that's walking tank. And at some times I've been called a hammer cuz of the amount of paint I haul. The thing is right now I don't carry a full auto gun, is there a full auto kit for a tippmann 98c??? I can't find one...

I'll get back to you guys later with more broadsword theory

C.A.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#6 User is offline   BigJess 

• TAC 5=the most unbeatable team in the history of woodsball!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BigJess

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

I'm with Billy. I feel that i am more of a Light Broadsword because i do a lot of flanking on my own and sometimes make a bust for the flag. I pack light enough to move around but heavy enough to suppress efficiently and provide cover fire for the sabres and daggers on my team.

#7 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

View PostCol.Anonymous, on Jan 17 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

I'm one of those guys that's walking tank. And at some times I've been called a hammer cuz of the amount of paint I haul. The thing is right now I don't carry a full auto gun, is there a full auto kit for a tippmann 98c??? I can't find one...

I'll get back to you guys later with more broadsword theory

C.A.

Hey I know the feeling. I have done the whole Hammer with one gun thing before and I love It. As for you 98 I'm going to guess that you have a bunch of upgrades for it so you aren't exactly itching to get an A-5 or X-7. The best recommendation that I can give you is to pick your self up a set of left and right Custom Pro receiver halves, an electronic trigger conversion kit , and then you can get any Custom Pro E-trigger board that you want. I would recommend the A.P.E. board. You could just go get a Custom pro, but I don't thing that you can get a CP with an A.P.E. so that's why I recommend the other option.

#8 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Yeah I do have a lot of money invested into my 98c, the x7 looks promising though. Thanks for the links man, I've been lookin for full auto upgrades forever. :evil:

After looking at the links...that's a bit outta my price range I wanna spend on full auto I mean I got probably a $350 98c now, and doing what you suggested would make it over $500. Really I just don't wanna go that high, thanks anyways that helped me get ideas.

Any further help from ANYONE on upgrading my 98c to full auto will be much appreciated.

This post has been edited by Col.Anonymous: 21 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#9 User is offline   Hell Rider 

• Hell Rider
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hell Rider

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 14 2007, 03:12 AM, said:

View PostTrumpet, on Jan 14 2007, 06:38 AM, said:

My feeling about a Broardsword is that he has one main objective

To keep the oppersition busy and confused, buy supesion fire, ie, lay loads of cover but without the need of a double weapon, and also using other things to give your team mates an advantage over others.

This can be one on all areas of the playing field, from the back, middle and front of the game, attack and defence are both rolls the Broadsword.

So that would mean that the kit a Broadsword should carry is veried and flexible.

This is what I carry
1 SP8 as Below c/w 1 Q-Pod, Air Bottle, Remote Line.
1 Zues G1+, 5 10 Ball Tubes, 5 CO2 - in a drop leg holster

In a Broadsword Vest
8 Q Pods, 3 Madbull Grenades, Radio Equipment, Leatherman, 3 Smokes, 3 Grenades, Cloth, Small First Aid Kit, Rubberbands (for quickly attaching local vegitation if reqired), electrial tape & tyraps (in field repairs).

When I know that I am in a defence base roll I have been known to take on the field a Dive tank and extra pods.

true but a broadsword should carry paint for other members of his team. maybe not that much but still a fair amount.

This post has been edited by Hell Rider: 21 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

#10 User is offline   RPGDAWG 

• Ride Or Die Son
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

I like this thread and the new classifications.

I am a heavy version.

I carry 10 pods in my vest system (tactical ten vest) 140 rounders
2 to 3 grenades
and usually 2 to 3 cans of Signal smoke.

I don't always use that much paint no.. but I can if I need to.. 92/4500 tank and I run a Inline regulator so my crossfire can do about a full case before out of air on my X7 and A-5's. The other thing is I carry extra for big games in case my teammates need paint.. they know I am the one to get it from.

Being 6'7" 300+ lbs. I let the small fast guys do the fast manuvers.. I just like to keep the OPFOR heads down while my guys move to flank or in position. I get as much satisfaction out of that than i do when i get a "Kill".

I think their should be a official Light and heavy classification.

#11 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:27 AM

I'm more of a Light Broadsword (Claymore).
4 or 5 pods+my hopper totaling 800-950 rounds, and right now I'm carrying just enough air for it.
1 or 2 Grenades for those times where you need it.

Might be upping the count by a few pods and getting an 88/4500 tank.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#12 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:26 AM

View PostCol.Anonymous, on Jan 17 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

In the UK we can not use F/A so we have to use S/A, its the only mode that I use, and I still have guy's and girl's saying that I am in F/A and "so that was you with the machine gun", when the see that I am NOT using F/A the ask how I do it... thats easy.. Practice.. and become more skilled.

Saying that the C98 has got a slight disadvantage that it possibly can not shoot that fast as the design would ultimatly dictate max ROF, even with a Electronic trigger....

I know its a pain to put your C98 in mothballs but some times you just have to take the leap and bite the bullet..... I have been in this postion as well....I had an C98 and an A5 with ups, I sold the A5 and kepped the C98 for a back up. then brought a SP8.. whish I had keeped the A5 now but I made the right move getting the SP8.

The SP8 Realy Rocks and outguns most things
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#13 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

[quote name='Hell Rider' date='Jan 22 2007, 03:17 AM' post='1183111']
[/quote]
true but a broadsword should carry paint for other members of his team. maybe not that much but still a fair amount.
[/quote]

Why should the Broadsword carry the paint for other people.... I am not a pod monkey.

We on big games use a small rucksack that holds extra Pods, Q Pods, 10 Rounders, a couple of Air Bottles and some smokes/grenades... this is carried by everyone and we take turns, we move this forward as we go, never put on the back as when people get shotout any one of us can pick it up, as its on the ground.

I may have pointed this out before in another thread, I play with other guys, some that have Q Loaders some dont. So I do carry paint that others can use........

And if you realy look and read, I carry 5 x 10 ball tubes and can be used as a fall back there, for non Q Loader players.......

My feeling is that if a person on the team keeps on running out of paint then they should carry more into battle.... I dont mind lending things but fair is fair buy your own kit..... your pack may need to be replaced.

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

#14 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

uhh Pirate a claymore is an explosive device not a type of sword.

#15 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

Actually, it is both

A sword originally (popular with the Highlanders), then an explosive device (popular with the US Army :huh: )

Lo

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users