• You cannot reply to this topic

A Broardswords Kit ? What do you take into Battle Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#17 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

Unless you confused this thread for a marker album thread, I am really confused as to why you just posted that pict with no text.

#18 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trumpet

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 14 2007, 07:30 AM, said:

Unless you confused this thread for a marker album thread, I am really confused as to why you just posted that pict with no text.

I agree, i started this Thread as to help Broadswords to make the kit they carry better, to give them the benifit from others, not to just show off their maker, so please can we keep it that way.

Lets have your kit ideas and views.

We can all inprove what and how we play.
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

SP8 Jungle, Standard at the mo............

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#19 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 12 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

For some reason I find this debate about paint load amusing, but it has only re-enforced my theory of how there are different types of Broadswords; light (Long Sword's*) and heavy (Battle Axe's**). The Special Ops Positions are more like guide lines for players, as many before me have said, but from what I have experienced the Broadsword has had the widest range variation compared to all the other positions.

With the amount of paint I shoot you may ask why I don't have a Hammer when my single A-5 A-2 Battle Axe cost more than a stock A-5 double trouble, but I enjoy the being the equivalent of a light Hammer without the complete loss of maneuverability. With Trumpet's Q-pod I would consider him an average Broadsword, and to answer his question I think his set up is very nice and well rounded. To all of you that are having a hissy fit about having too much paint I would call you Long Sword's. I would defiantly not say that every team needs a Long Sword, a Broadsword, and a Battle Axe, but I think that comparing a Long Sword to a Battle Axe is about that same as comparing a Saber to a Broadsword.

I have played at big game scenarios and this debate reminds me of an incident which took place at the Michigan Monster Game last year where I led a squad (I am also a Squad CO) during the last quarter. Our team was losing badly, but we cleared the back 20 acres with minimal losses. After being deployed for over an hour we were finally slaughtered because a guy that I shot told a huge mob our location :angry: . Well, the point of my story is when I got back to our base came, the day was done, and I started to unload my gear-vest to realize the only paint that I still had on me was about 100 rounds left in my hopper. I wouldn't say that I shot more than necessary, but that was the day I decided that I need a bigger gear load. I thought that 1300 rounds was enough, but this spring before big game season starts I plan on picking up an Operative vest with 2 leg pod pouches and a 45/4500 to rig together with my 92/4500. With a total paint supply of about a case of paint this will also cut down on times when I have to go back to base camp and restock. I may have a heavy gear load, but I still am one of the fastest members on my team.

I have seen a lot of players who call themselves Broadsword's, and almost everyone of them has a different interpretation of the position. I try to spread the concepts of the Long Sword and the Battle Axe because some like to set themselves apart from the standard position where the "norm" isn't very common. So lets stop this stop this petty little argument about paint loads and just accept that everyone has their own way of doing things.

* I first saw the term Long Sword used for a light Broadsword by MASTER OF PAINTBALLS in this thread, and I wanted to make sure he gets the term coining right for it.

** I'm not looking for a copy right here, but I just want to claim term coining rights to the name Battle Axe as a heavy Broadsword. I came up with it with some friends, and so far I have not seen anyone else use the term before me.

First of all, I would like to explain my position, I was not telling anyone that they had to carry more paint than they wanted to. I was just commenting on the fact of people telling others that they can't carry the paint loads they feel are necessary. By definition, the Broadsword position is a suppressive fire postion. This would require a gun that has a good ROF and a LARGE air tank. Therefore, carrying a LARGE load of paint isn't the wrong thing to do. If you want to modify the position and use a smaller tank, like a 68ci, then go right ahead! The game is meant to be fun. On your team/field, a Broadsword could be the guy that takes an extra pod on the field with a 68 instead of a 45 tank!

As for the Long Sword/Battle Axe thing, Long Sword isn't bad, but a Battle Axe is not a sword. How about a Claymore?

#20 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

• You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:31 PM

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on Jan 15 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

As for the Long Sword/Battle Axe thing, Long Sword isn't bad, but a Battle Axe is not a sword. How about a Claymore?

Is a Hammer a sword? I figured it would be the perfect name to fit in between. A battle axe would be used similar to a war hammer, but it has a sharp edge like a sword

This post has been edited by GH Militia Man: 15 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

#21 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

View PostLil' C, on Jan 11 2007, 10:17 PM, said:

View PostChaos Fiend, on Jan 11 2007, 12:48 PM, said:

what r u guys talking about, as a broadsword you should be suppressing as much as possible! more paint is always a must, not to mention 900 rds isnt too much, i've carried up to 1200 i personally think 800-900 is perfect.

Yeah, but carrying more paint than you have air to shoot is just silly -- unless you are your team's dedicated pod monkey, which is also just silly... :unsure: :ninja: :ghillie:

i use a 20oz and i can easily get 1200rds w/ it.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#22 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on Jan 15 2007, 01:31 PM, said:

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on Jan 15 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

Is a Hammer a sword? I figured it would be the perfect name to fit in between. A battle axe would be used similar to a war hammer, but it has a sharp edge like a sword

If you are talking about a separate position, then I would have no argument. But, you said it was a subset of the broadsword and that is where my contention came from. For my part, I would not like to see any more positions in between the ones that are there now. I would like to see more specialties, like Tank Killer or Scout.

View PostChaos Fiend, on Jan 15 2007, 01:39 PM, said:

View PostLil' C, on Jan 11 2007, 10:17 PM, said:

View PostChaos Fiend, on Jan 11 2007, 12:48 PM, said:

what r u guys talking about, as a broadsword you should be suppressing as much as possible! more paint is always a must, not to mention 900 rds isnt too much, i've carried up to 1200 i personally think 800-900 is perfect.

Yeah, but carrying more paint than you have air to shoot is just silly -- unless you are your team's dedicated pod monkey, which is also just silly... :unsure: :ninja: :ghillie:

i use a 20oz and i can easily get 1200rds w/ it.

I used a 114/4500 tank on Sat. and can easily shoot a case with it. :D :usa: :panzer:

This post has been edited by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou: 15 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

#23 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

I use my custom spec ops vest with 8-140rd pods, my Tippmann 98c with a 9 inch barrel and q-bow stock; sometimes even my laser sight, and 1-2 20oz co2 tanks. I carry the second on my belt, oh- and i carry along everything else i need and what not.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#24 User is offline   OakeeDoke 

• OakeeDoke
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:OakeeDoke

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

I usuaully carry between 6-8 140 round pods plus another 3 100 round pods during a game with a 88ci/4500 tank for my SP-8. Those things are so air efficient that you can almost shoot the whole case of paint before you have to top off. I'm good for just about 1,500 shots before I have to top everything off. Even if I don't have to use the paint, I have it to give to another team member who may be low or out.

I stopped carrying grenades and recommend the hydration pouches and a squeegee! I also like to keep a dump pouch for my pods as well rather than trying to stick them back into the vest when empty.

This post has been edited by OakeeDoke: 17 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

Imminent Threat Scenario PaintBall Team (ITSPB)
Heavy Rifleman
Squad Leader, Charlie Team
My Feedback Page
Depression affects losers the most!
Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball (www.uoarmory.com); Failure is Not an Option

#25 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

Where can I get a dump pouch for my pods?? I've almost been tagged out on many occasions trying to stick my pods back in the holders. :laugh:
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#26 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Actually, I would like to know where to get a dump pouch too. Leaving my pods on a speedball field is one thing, woodsball is entirely different.

#27 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

spec ops store, vest accessories, you'll see it.

This post has been edited by Chaos Fiend: 18 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#28 User is offline   Trumpet 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trumpet

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:25 AM

View PostOakeeDoke, on Jan 18 2007, 03:05 AM, said:

I also like to keep a dump pouch for my pods as well rather than trying to stick them back into the vest when empty.

I Like the Idea of a dump pouch as well, I normaly just throw the Q Pods on the ground untill the end of the fire fight, then put them back in my vest.
SP-8 Camo, 360 QEV, Firebolt, Stock, Q Loader, Freak Back/AA front with Apex , 30mm Sight, Mad Bull XM203 Grenade Launcher,

SP8 Jungle, Standard at the mo............

Zeus G1+ as a Side Arm.

Tippmann C98, Double trigger, Maddman Springs, Flatline Barrell, Progressive 16", Tapco Folding stock.

#29 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:53 AM

CLick me, dump pouch on spec ops
I use that when i pump. Can fit tons of ten rounders in there. I also can fit 3 140 pods in there, they just barely fit, you could easily fit 4 100 round pods in there if you use those also.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#30 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

I carry 8 140-round pods worth of paint in my broadsword vest..and if my math is correct thats 1120 paintballs+hopper(200)=1320 paintballls totall..some say overkill?..naha..ive never used it all..but its all there if needed, it just gives me some sort of comfort knowing that i have 3/4 of a case on my back ready to use! :P :P

besides all that paint...i carry 2 f-bombs, 2 pure energey 72 CI tanks, and my lovely a-5a-2 with flatline..bertha!! :)

if you havent notised..i like paint!-drummer

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users