Special Ops Paintball: VForce Monster Game 2007 Scenario Event - Special Ops Paintball

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VForce Monster Game 2007 Scenario Event Tippmann X7 & Special Ops are very proud to present this event Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#46 User is offline   Doom Incarnate 

• Lets Burn!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Doom Incarnate

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Im pretty sure that the asterisks are for each teams starting positions. So one * is Red, while ** is for Yellow.

"You are no commander, you are a threat to the mission! Your methods are stupid, your intellegence is stupid, your progress has been STUPID! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!"---Gir, Invader Zim

#47 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

View PostUriah, on Feb 2 2007, 04:37 PM, said:

Just incase anyone wanted to take a look here's the link for the MIMG07's Rules of Play.

Btw, I looked for rules concerning the use of armbands, but I didn't find any. Well, it alluded to Privates wearing narrow red or yellow bands, but there wasn't a rule saying you must wear one.

Does any one know of any instances of armband abuse hapening before? If so, how was it dealt with? Also, here are the point values for bases and oficer elimanations.

A group of yellow last year wore red arm bands and a ref seen and they were taken out of the game but I don't think anything else happened after that

#48 User is offline   Uriah 

• Whats a skunk bird? Dat's a Skunk Bird
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Uriah

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

I'm wondering weather or not this is one of those things that "are just suposed to be known." I supose that the ruling for that action could be based on that ref's opinion too.

Hmm, sure wish this was in writting.
Hello, I am Uriah, RCO of the SBA and Commander of The Skunk Bird Army.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose."
--Jim Elliot, leader of the men who gave their lives at the hands of those who they tried to save -- it worked.

#49 User is offline   Cyanidepoison 

• SpecOps's Infamous.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

I'm going again this year hopefully. Red of course.

If anyone can remember back to last year I was the short kid shooting a tippmann 98 custom with RT. My halo was on it too. I shot through 2 freakin cases with that gun..

Im gonna play pump and semi this year, hopefully to keep the cost down to 1 case of paint.
The sun rises to a crisp blanket of snow...

#50 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:44 PM

Anybody think we can get a nice organized Chain of Command going?

You can mostly likely link Yellow's victories to the A5OG's organization they had in the past. Now that she's gone, maybe we can carry that on, but as Special Ops and for Red this year. Last year we had them in our palm, but lost it in the end with close scores. A little better command on Day Two and we could have had it.

In order to do so, we donít need to completely stack the Officer Ranks, but rather fill the high positions first, Primarily Colonels and Generals. And I must that I would only do so if you have experience at Hell Survivor's Big Games, and know the Rules like the back of your palm.

Making firm Decisions like knowing where to send our reinsertions. For instance, if we happen to take Bravo, Archie and the Village; send two Trucks to Archie (so that the players wont get shot out right when they're live) to press onto Bravo. Maybe have one truck load approach Bravo from behind, and one just north of the road to push and clear the way for an offensive towards West Point.
Along with the Two Trucks, send a foot insertion (with a good amount of numbers) to the back of the Village (again so they donít get shot when called live) to keep up the defense.

As far as Chain of Command; keep our Majors and Lieutenants (Lower Ranks) up front to lead everybody in and for insertions. It's also important to keep in mind that we to reserve our Lower Ranks in the Staging area so we can have a low rank leading insertions in. In case you didnít know, you need an officer in order to insert onto the field. If there is no officer present at the Insertion Line, then they appoint a random player as a Temp. Colonel and adds another 30 points to Yellow's score. If we conserve our Lieutenants and send them out when we need them; more point for us! :P
On the initial insertion, I think we should send out all Colonels to coordinate the majors and one to protect the General; and the Majors will then coordinate the and Lieutenants, or lead if no Lieutenant is peasant. Then leave one of the 2 Generals on the field to make the decision of what Red will need (Tanks, Airplanes, Insertion Placement), and will then relay to the General who is in the Staging Area. Also, send out only 3 of the 6 Majors, one per base.
Pretty much Lieutenants will lead in Charges and stay on the Front for Defenses, and lead in offensives. The Majorís will act as Messengers who will send commands from the Colonel to the Lieutenants. The Colonel will stay back some and give commands to the Major(s) who will relay to the Lieutenant(s).
Example; Village defense from Castle: Lieutenants will be in the front buildings (not the very front row of Buildings) and the Majors will sit just in front of the Tower and will be moving all over the place. The Colonel will be some where out of Dodge behind or in the Tower to make decisions on where to concentrate the fire and what not. And the General will sit some where in the back middle near the hill to the swamp (Thatís if we only have the Village or the Road to Archie isnít clear). This strategy is based upon points and giving up some playing time for the Lieutenants; so if were dedicated for a Red Victory I think this is the strategy to go for. If for fun; this strategy can burn and rot away if that is the wishes of everybody else.
Now where the Forum comes in on all of this; my experience as an officer at MMG, there are just some player that wonít move up and stick with longballing. For instance, we were moving onto Bravo and nobody was moving up even with the numbers we had. Thatís not what really gets, the fact that Yellow was holding the position from the middle of the road is what torked me off. What we need is a good sized group of dedicated players to move up, take positions, and to overall cooperate with the Chain of Command.
With our teams that we have playing under the ďSpecial Ops Strategic Organization (yo)Ē; we can use them as little mercenary groups to take out what ever we need. Coordination with Command, a large group of Dedicated Players, and Mercenary Teams that donít cost Monster Money; I think we could pull it off.

This was supposed to be a short post. I must stay, talking strategy just excites me!
:D
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#51 User is offline   arsenic3 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

This year its looking like Team Arsenic's gonna have 4 guys going, all of us are fairly experienced and three of us went last year and know the field quite well, if we do something like what Stret is suggesting, I know my guys would be more than willing to get on a set radio channel and move around the field to help lead and fight yellow. All 4 of us are in great physical shape so running from say west point to the villiage wouldnt phase us at all. None of us can hold any leadership positions due to the new rule about being 18, but if no one else is been taking charge around my area(lt's, officers, etc. even a general last year(not beaker, he was great), Ive been known to start the ball rolling. Stret, I'd like to know more about this S.O.S.O. thing you mentioned, I'm very interested.

This post has been edited by arsenic3: 10 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

Commander and Founder of Team Arsenic Marysville, MI
IPB Image

#52 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

I will be on the RED team for both days this year. I just sent in my pre reg!
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#53 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

Originally that post was supposed to be a guide for people who wanted to be an officer in the High Ranks; I just kind of re-read it and I guess I lost myself while typing. I have no idea where I got "Special Ops Strategic Organization" from, but it kind of sounds a little too up tight, no?

But anyways, after looking over it again, I must say it doest seem too bad.
Any more takers?

This post has been edited by Stret: 10 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#54 User is offline   Cyanidepoison 

• SpecOps's Infamous.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

View PostStret, on Feb 10 2007, 09:57 PM, said:

Originally that post was supposed to be a guide for people who wanted to be an officer in the High Ranks; I just kind of re-read it and I guess I lost myself while typing. I have no idea where I got "Special Ops Strategic Organization" from, but it kind of sounds a little too up tight, no?

But anyways, after looking over it again, I must say it doest seem too bad.
Any more takers?

Ill join your little dedicated group of attackers....I want to bunker a few yella suckers dis year. I don't wanna be an officer because I get eliminated so quickly, of course because I am so aggresive ;)
The sun rises to a crisp blanket of snow...

#55 Guest_Shamgar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:47 PM

I-1, add me to the Red team, im gonna be going

#56 User is offline   Cabooser 

• Bringer of Stupidlessness
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CABOOSER

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

I'll be on Red balling it up with my buds Stret, JJaxx, GLR, KGB, and Dusty and His crew

#57 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Post icon  Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

I'm planning on going. I'll probably play on the winning team, Yellow, again as a lieutenant...but who knows...I could change my mind. :blink: :)
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#58 User is offline   jdlampy 

• Boss
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JDLampy

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

im on RED with at least 6+

#59 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

View Postjdlampy, on Feb 25 2007, 09:10 PM, said:

im on RED with at least 6+

Ahh... JDLampy; any connection with this Lampy?
Native Style

#60 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:02 AM

Add a 2+ next to my name. It might be 1 or it might be 3...but it'll probably be 2.

I am actually having second thoughts about going. I loved playing last year, but I'm thinking that if I skipped it, I might have the time and money to play both at Global Conquest and Tippmann World Challenge. I just don't think I can do all 3. But don't take me off the list yet...it was such a blast last year that I'm sure I'll find a way to get there. :wub:
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users