• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chronograph? Mabye im just crazy but...

#31 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:05 AM

Note I said ( or rather it WAS there, ) I'm almost tempted to do it. No, I wouldn't actually do that, but the idea is to show people why the safety measures are there in the first place. Unfortunately some people seem to think that it's not for them or that rules are overkill. When you get a bloody welt during a game from some idiot who spiked his velocity, you get a better appreciation for the rules. But like the kid who doesn't listen to the mother saying the stove is hot, some people refuse to listen until it's happened to them.

#32 User is offline   PAINTBALL SMURF 

• Razorback? Pssh, I have turtle-tanks
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTBALL SMURF

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

I GOTS ONE I GOTS ONE.

You-"Let's chrono then we can start playing"

Them-"Nooooooooooo it takes to looooooong"

You-"Fine, but before we play let me show you the difference of a chrono'ed & un-chrono'ed gun"(Yours is chrono'ed"OK everyone put on your masks"

All-*put on masks*

You-*pop pop pop*

Them-"ooow"

You-"That was about 285 fps"*turns up velocity, pop pop pop*

This is a joke people, but I would do it cause they would forgive me.

Them-"OOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW"

You-"that was 330fps, now, does anyone want to chrono?"

This post has been edited by PAINTBALL SMURF: 08 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

People for the
Eating of
Tasty
Animals

Vote for the Whiteboard

#33 User is offline   GhillieKiller 

• Suppression/Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GhillieKiller

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

I thought mask lenses were polycarbon (as in shatter-proof windshield crack type thing...) All mask makers are idiots if the lense ain't polycarbon, more expensive but that would be worth it.

Don't play with your "friends" if they won't chrono. You need to find better friends if they want to risk sending shrapnel into your face (assuming masks aren't polycarbon).

for those of you who want to know why I'm obsessed with polycarbon, is the military issue safety glasses my father used to work with in a training camp in North dakota took an m60 firing pin straight into the lens, without cracking them and saved the guy's eye (not my father's but someone he knows...), they are still there to this day. -Minot Air Base-

I don't think the lenses are made of polycarbon on paintball goggles, because if it can't withstand a gelatin capsule moving at 200mph then how can it withstand a metal rod moving at 1000?

This post has been edited by GhillieKiller: 08 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

You are allowed 6 lines of text without an image, and 2 lines of text with images. This includes blank spaces.

#34 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

It only takes a long time to chrono if the idiots haven't measured velocity in a long time, after many disassemblies that have thrown their velocity way out of whack. Other than that it's usually just a quick tweak per player and you're good to go. Often times the complaining and arguing over whether to chrono or not takes longer than actually doing it.

#35 User is offline   theLizzard 

• I feel loved
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:theLizzard

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

View Postwoodsballrules, on Dec 14 2006, 05:10 PM, said:

Yes, I bought the chrono...but they refuse to use it. We have a practice/game saturday so Im gonna make them chrono.

Good job. MAKE them chrono. No chrono, no play. Don't cave on the issue. If they have a problem with it, send them to this site and we'll fix their problem *cracks knuckles*
Good luck, Goldy.
ZombieAtak rules.
Z?
"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure, some things in life you cannot measure by degrees"
"The nerd is an empire..." -Legato

#36 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

yeah i played a game once were a guy was shootin hot...it stings just a bit more than usuall LOL... look at it this way. The media constantly gives us negative coverage. Older folk(not ALL i know) dont like it. Some parents dont like paintball. And other people who hate even hearing the word gun would love to see anything gun related to be shut down. We dont need 1 more horror story about how some guys were out playing paintball and one decided not to use his equipement and they went blind. Instead lets prove to the world that this extremely fun sport can be safe at the same time. Then that will attract more players and less negative imput from "everyone else"

of course theres always guna be that 1 idiot who does something stupid...
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#37 User is offline   SirDiesALot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SirDiesALot

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:49 PM

This may be a separate topic all together but why are masks manufactured with such low standards? If I were the engineer in charge of designing paintball safety glasses and my intended safety limit was 300 fps muzzle velocity at 30 feet, then I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than a lens that could take sustained zero degree impact from 1 foot at 400 fps. To give you an idea of what shop glasses rated for, it's a 1/4" steel ball at 150 fps. The intention is that you should never have repeated damage to a a pair of shop glasses in excess of that equivalent. Sports goggles of any kind should be able to take repeated abuse that could be considered tipical of the sport. Any body have acces to the data related to the test methods used and the test results for various masks? The way I see it, the manufactures are either being extremely conservative (which makes sence for them) or they are being grossly neglegent.

#38 User is offline   SirDiesALot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SirDiesALot

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

And just so that nobody says that I'm too far off topic, I have a friend that got hit by sombody who didn't want to chrono. The ball penetrated his mask at jaw level and still had enough force to leave a nasty bruise. The mask was completely destroyed. I saw the mask before it was burned to prevent furthur use. The damage looked more like a musket ball hit that a paintball. The friend said that the guy got pounded for latter (I would never encorage nor participate in such activity, but he did have it comming).

#39 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

your friend ok?

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#40 User is offline   Disposable Hero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Psychotron

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

I believe the lenses are made out of Lexan. I think I read that somewhere. And yes you should chrono, it only take a second.

#41 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

View PostDisposable Hero, on Feb 19 2007, 12:49 AM, said:

I believe the lenses are made out of Lexan. I think I read that somewhere. And yes you should chrono, it only take a second.

Close to it, but it's not real lexan.

#42 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

View PostMaj Tom, on Feb 19 2007, 08:27 AM, said:

then why not make it out of real lexan?

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#43 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

View Postoldguny, on Feb 19 2007, 11:38 AM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Feb 19 2007, 08:27 AM, said:

then why not make it out of real lexan?

Expense, lexan's expensive and it scratches VERY easily.

#44 User is offline   Willow 

• Old Man Willow
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

Why don't they just make lenses out of polycarbon, maybe it's some sort of money-making ploy with lenses?

And here what I did when my friends didn't want to chrono: I told them that turning your velocity screw to the right raises the velocity, there. Problem solved.

#45 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

If you are at 280 at 9am when it is 60* by noon when it hits 75* you can be well over 300.

i keep my velocity down around 220-250 for that very reason. one of the main reasons i switched to HPA is that it is roughly the same velocity in any weather so i dont have to worry to bad about spikes.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users