Special Ops Paintball: READ THIS!!! - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

READ THIS!!! MY take on the new positions people are suggesting Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ucantseeme 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:25 PM

Alright, I know I haven't posted much, but o well.

Ok guys, here's why none of ur new position ideas are being made into SPEC OPS positions: They're either:

A.) stupid beyond all belief. They would be totally useless in a game.

B.) Not practical. C'mon guys, a Decoy? Sounds A LOT like a Sabre to me.

C.) A scenario position. Ok, here's the big one. SPEC OPS does play scenario games, but how often do they come up? You can't go to a scenario every Saturday. SPEC OPS is woodsball, through and through. If you want to be "Javelin" all year, that's fine with me, but just don't expect to be any help WHATSOEVER on the field. "Forward Observer"? C'mon guys! You can't tell me that would do better that a DAGGER or a sniper in a 15 minute game!

I'm not putting you down or anything, it's just we don't need the extra spam! If you and your freinds come up with a super awesome new position that you think should be a SPEC OPS positon, here's my advice: Think about it. A LOT. If it's not practical, forget it. If it really, truly is, suggest it, but only if you really, really think it's good and you really, really know that it's not just a SABRE with a bigger gun or a DAGGER with a smaller gun.

This is my opinion, for what it's worth.

#2 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

Ha! Well, they can call the positions whatever they want, since it's their game. The big thing is if your teammates know what you are talking about. "I'm gonna play Javelin". Ummm, ok, what's that? My group doesn't use any of the Dagger, hammer, medium rifleman, heavy gunner, or any of those terms. We use terms that are familiar to us to help us get the job done. How do you communicate when someone ends up on your team that doesn't know the Special Ops positions? That's all you need to know, how to communicate with them to effectively run the team.

#3 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• Yes, that is my Phantom on my back.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Schwimmy

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:03 AM

Mr. Hedgehog: I play a scenario every month, whether sponsored by a field or private. How would you suggest I record my time using my paintball mortar?
Triad Infinite Scenario Squad

Sponsored by www.ANSgear.com

#4 User is offline   Killer Angel 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Kings

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:56 AM

I agree to a certan extent, it took me a while to find out what position, i tryed everything.
But if someone wants to make their own position so be it. it makes it easier for us,
But when you choose that psoition OK it with a ref or official before assuming thats its ok to use
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and for those who have hunted armed men they shall care for nothing there after

#5 User is offline   ucantseeme 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

Guys, that's not what I meant! If its a stupid position, keep it to urself. If its good, play it, and if it's great, tell us!

View PostSchwimmy, on Dec 11 2006, 08:03 AM, said:

Mr. Hedgehog: I play a scenario every month, whether sponsored by a field or private. How would you suggest I record my time using my paintball mortar?

Call it whatever you want. Call it a Hammer, or a heavy rifleman. Heck, call it a sniper if you want. I don't care. The gun doesn't make the position. I could be a Heavy Rifleman with a Q-Bow, or a Dagger with a DT.

#6 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

How many scenarios have you played? How many big games? Have you ever had a role in a scenario? What's the point of classifying games types if you're not going to use it?

#7 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:10 PM

I'll betcha can't be a dagger with a mortar! :D Seriously, try it. You can't move fast (in fact it takes time to set up), shoot very fast, reload very fast, or even think very fast (it takes a lot of guestimating).

Or are you saying that we should totally disregard the special ops positions. Following this logic, why do we even have any 'positions' if we're mangling their definition with our own (albeitive rare) method of play?

This post has been edited by Schwimmy: 11 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

#8 Guest_Mitch likes Pumps_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

The the 50th time.....

THE POSITIONS ARE GUIDELINES TO HELP SEPERATE YOUR TEAM EVENLY ON THE FIELD. EQUIPMENT IS A RECOMMENDATION TO HELP YOU ACCOMODATE YOUR CERTAIN AREA ON THE FIELD. THE DEFINITION OF A SNIPER COULDN'T HAVE A DT BECAUSE IT'S TOO BULKY.

GUIDLINES.

GUIDLINES.

GUIDLINES.

GUIDLINES, TO A BETTER AND MORE ORGANIZED TEAM.

Moving on...

Yes, I have noticed alot of stupid positions coming up (Decoy...being one of them...), and I agree with you.

-Mitch :D

#9 User is offline   DALE WOLFE 

• GODZTOASTER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WOLFEPAC

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

View PostSchwimmy, on Dec 11 2006, 08:03 AM, said:

ORDINANCE OR ARTILLERY :usa:
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#10 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:50 AM

I'd love to see a position that focuses on Ordinance or Artillery, but I would rather have something like LAW user or Heavy Weapons or Alternative weapons user. I see no point in having a 'forward observer' or dart position, as they ARE spins off an existing position, but there really isn't anything for those of us who like to use LAW's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Raid3r 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Raid3r

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

I agree with ucantseeme in the fact that a recon wouldn't be good in a 15 minute rec ball game. But I am going to say that in a 15 minute rec ball game there is no organization, no positions, and no strategy whatsoever so that really has nothing to do with it. The specops positions were for team-oriented play and even in a fifteen minute game, if the team is organized, a scout could make a huge difference. That said, decoy sounds really dumb unless it's what you do to the guy with the least kills last game...
The real question is whether or not you can find enough people to play it that it's worth putting up on specops. Scout/recon is, in my opinion, the best idea we've had as it is completely different from all the existing positions and would be amazingly useful in a game. The problem is that who the heck is going to just sit in the brush with a tiny little gun that won't give him away whispering into his radio and waiting to get lit up? No one on my team. That's for sure.

By the way schwimmy, those are some great pics

This post has been edited by Raid3r: 13 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

#12 User is offline   Griff 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Griff74

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

I agree that those are some incredible pics, schwimmy. Which one(s) are you?

I do feel, however, that sniper and scout, are, in the military at least, much the same. An actual sniper spends most of his time watching people and not very much time shooting people, contrary to Hollywood's belief.

However, in paintball snipers do spend most of their game shooting people, so I can see your points.

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim!!
Audaces fortuna iuvat
-fortune favors the brave

#13 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:26 AM

I'm number 4, but I do have four other launcers, a three barreled shoulder mounted, underslung breech loaded (pictured), Shoulder mounted CO2 ball valve, shoulder mounted single barrel, and ball valve mortar.

#14 User is offline   Fontain 

• I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

Good post very truthful.
I f u really want to play a poition u made that bad play it any way just do it.Play how ever u want.Just cause ur a certin postion u dont have to play according to it evry time.The postions r just guide lines.

#15 User is offline   Combatbob 

• Combatbob
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ambushy

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

well it's been my opinion that they should change the name of the hammer to heavy weapons and to then include cannons and other goodies to that category
Official broadsword #6

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users