Surrender Option impose the surrender option Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

View Postmurdercrow, on Sep 22 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

I just realized this was in "New Posts" as a result of a major necro. Whoops.

Yeah.....epic necro......However, your previous post was genius. Worth it.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#47 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

Necro posts are sometimes good since a lot of us are new and I learned a lot from this thread. Where I play is an indoor urban combat arena about 10,000 square feet. Surrendering happens quite often. In my 3 months of playing there I have gotten 3 barrel tags and 4 more surrenders. The thing with urban room to room combat is when you surrender someone make sure you can shoot them before they can get to cover. I remember one time I entered a room through a doorway and barely had a full step in before the guy by the doorway yelled surrender. I said screw you and jumped right back out the door. Had he waited for me to take 1 more step he could have barrel tagged me. If I hear surrender and can dodge out of the line of fire bet your ass I will do it. Me and a teammate were put on different teams (pubbies forced us to) and wound up taking each other out from about 2' away. both were just reaction shots in the legs and hurt like hell. We were both simultaniously laughing and limping back to the dead zone afterwards.

My hit in the knee, hurt pretty bad. After this I got some hardshell kneepads.

Posted Image

And his hit in the thigh

Posted Image

#48 User is offline   duncan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duncan

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

The surrender rule works only if the field and the field referees enforce it. If a player fails to follow the rule either as the person refusing to accept it or use it. Then the field and referees must pull the ofending player from the field same as lifting a mask or wiping.

Simply to state a rule and not enforce it is in some cases worse then no rule at all.

Just my opinion

Duncan
"OH I will take the hit! And thanks for using it."
www.duncansgames.com
duncan@duncansgames.com

#49 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostMAD KLOWN, on Dec 9 2006, 04:24 PM, said:

I'd like to start imposing the surrender option. Now, when I play, I don't scream or whine when I get hit, but I can only take so much. I was the nearly the last person left in a fort, and this guy ran up, with an A-5 with an E-Trigger on full auto, and he literally hit me from only 5 feet away. A friend and I were yelling at them not to bunker the fort, that if they get in the fort, offer the option and we'll take it, this was befor the incident. Now, this hurt, but this is why I'd like to inforce the surrender option, and 15ft distance rule. Any thoughts/ideas/stories?

I think the most frustrating thing for me (as a fairly new player at least) was sprinting to a wall (4 sided building with windows, 2 doors) and knowing someone is inside firing out a window...but that if I pop in yelling "Mercy!" (surrender at my field) he'll probably turn and shoot at me...

So I started yelling mercy just before I turned the corner, with my gun up, pointing at him...a couple seconds later, he yells mercy at me.

I was in a particularly good mood and just said, OK, I'll take this one but I let him know most people would have just shot him in the face from 8 feet away :) He surrendered next time but I'm not likely to just walk off during scenario play!

One day of walk-on I remember though (my third time out, unfortunately)...my used Flatline (that came without a shroud) failed me completely. I took it out of the adapter because it wasn't in properly and because I had no way to tell if it was totally straight (turns out the eBayer that sold it to me with my 98C bent it a bit, so the tip was always a bit to the right). So when I took it out of the adaptor, I marked it so I could tell when it was "straight"...but when I tried to put it back in the adapter, something snapped an it no longer "clicked" into place. I tightened the heck out of the screw and hoped for the best when I went to play for someone's birthday (a rental group).

I literally could not land a break on someone 20ft away for 5 minutes and they didn't know where I shooting at them from - I was on their right and to me, they were in the open. 90% of my shots swerved wildly, up, right wherever...the ones that hit caused him to get down on the ground (still in plain view of myself)...and then he'd get back up when nothing hit him.

That day I got over 20 surrenders - one poor girl even dropped her rental spyder xD I had crawled something like 30 feet in a trench and booked it up behind her because my only chance to get anyone was to intimidate them so badly they didn't want to try and shoot at me :P

#50 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

During orientation we ask who will NOT surrender then take note to those who will.We then tell those who will NOT to give these quarter.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users