Surrender Option impose the surrender option Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   fliegendaffe 

• The Paintball Monkey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Fliegendaffe

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

View PostMAD KLOWN, on Dec 9 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

I'd like to start imposing the surrender option. Now, when I play, I don't scream or whine when I get hit, but I can only take so much. I was the nearly the last person left in a fort, and this guy ran up, with an A-5 with an E-Trigger on full auto, and he literally hit me from only 5 feet away. A friend and I were yelling at them not to bunker the fort, that if they get in the fort, offer the option and we'll take it, this was befor the incident. Now, this hurt, but this is why I'd like to inforce the surrender option, and 15ft distance rule. Any thoughts/ideas/stories?

there are rules set at the field that you cannot shoot at someone within 10-20 feet depending on the field you are at. the field i play at, we have the surrender option. if we get close enough to the enemy and it's a lil too close to shoot, we yell out surrender or your out. if they try to turn and shoot you, it's fair game.

i actually used the surrender option for the first time a few weeks back. i dashed towards this double decker bunker, 3 people on top one in the bottom. i dashed for the bottom and scared the crap out of him that i swear he crapped his pants. he surrendered and then i shot the 3 on the top in the foot so it didn't hurt them

#32 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

I agree that the surrender option should be available. I hate to say I had to take the surrender option. Two of use were bunkered from 3 different angles. My partner ran out of air so I tossed him my Delta 68. We did the best we could but the 68 went down, again, and we were unable to keep the OPFROR off of us. I managed to keep to away but the third came in from the opposite flank an said surrender from about 5 feet away. Of course, we play by the rule "Do and Die"

Also, going full auto at close range is completely unacceptable. There are times when its OK but it can be dangerous. I've heard stories where goggles have been shot off someone's head. Defintitely not a good thing.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#33 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

only girls surrender! lol :P

#34 User is offline   The Ladies Man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

women please just get him back next game.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Inappropriate content.

#35 User is offline   Catapult5 

• Believer in the Flatline
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Catapult5

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

When I go play walk on games I surrender people up close 99% of the time. There are those few moments where i don't.It really TINKLEes me off when people who were obviously screwed don't surrender. I like the surrendering rule as it keeps it fun for the young kids and it allows me to stay in the game even when I'm out of paint.

#36 User is offline   Nameless Wonder 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nameless Wonder

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

At my uncle's house, it's a mandatory 10ft rule, as well as the unsaid "take it easy on the newbs" rule. Only occassionally do we implement the surrender option; our games don't tend to last longer than 10 mins. However, if someone's doing a commando crawl through our wheat and we catch their flank, the polite thing to do is offer a surrender. Or (and this happened to me), if you're on the run from said uncle in hot pursuit and you happen to trip, it's nice if he offers surrender.

"Bradley, I've got you. I'm 2 feet behind you. Surrender, man."

"Yeah, uh...I'm out."
Posted Image
"Humans were made to fart around on this planet, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scientology is a cult. Suck it.

#37 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

We actually use a "Do or Die" rule. You can go for it and get shot or surrender. I've seen it used and it generally works unless you expect the person to surrende and they don't.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#38 User is offline   02subaru 

• Master Mahan
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:master mahan

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

I have always played by the barrel tap rule. No matter what. Anything else goes. I have been shot within 5 feet, it hurts but I get over it. I have shot people within 5 feet, they say it hurts too but they laugh and get over it and try harder next game to shoot me back. What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!
Always looking for cheap Tippmanns and Tippmann upgrades. What do you have? PM me! Don't be shy!

I also do custom paint jobs-digi camo, tiger stripe, snow/urban camo and desert camo.

#39 User is offline   Chance Gray 

• Urban Chaos Founder
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chance Gray

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Where we play, there is a surrender rule of 15ft because some people are known to not chrono their guns. We alson allow no blind fire, as a person put his gun around a corner without looking and fired (roughly 285 fps) into the ribs of my friend... at 1 ft away from the barrel. There is now a permenent divit inbetween ribs. BTW, the price for breaking the rules is to be hit with a firing squad. Basically, you break a rule, you stand against a tree, and everyone else fires half a hopper at you... period. If you don't comply, your car gets shot by the same amount of paint. (No one's car has been shot, as of yet.)
Chance Gray
Sabre/Broadsword
Urban Chaos Designation: Delta 2-1

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=167797

#40 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

I offer the surrender to first time players and people 12 and under.

Other than that, I shoot. I've been lit up too many times from a close distance asking people to surrender to bother with it any more. I aim for "safe" areas, like the pack, shoe, etc.

To the fields that have a mandatory surrender rule (say a 15 foot surrender rule), I stand 2-3 feet outside of that boundary and shoot (so 18 feet away with the previous example). I have been called a lot of nasty things because of it, but people learn to deal with it. Too many times, yet again, have I told a player, hey, I'm 10 feet away your dead, only for them to spin and shoot, and say, nu uh, your 11 feet away. I just stop a little ways outside the boundary and shoot. This way, I get no argument. You wear my paint, your out.

For CQB, my rule is, if you can't take the pain, don't play CQB. Period.

People may say that is a little harsh, but I do what is necessary to make sure I am safe.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#41 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

if i sneak up on someone.. il put my barrel in their back and tell them to surrender... cant really refuse that if the barrel is pressed against your back.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#42 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-

People go too nuts with "Surrenders." I've seen countless kids go crashing through brush on suicide missions to surrender someone when they never had the drop to begin with.

I had one experience in particular where I was locked with three people on a flank. I HEARD a new kid making a plan with a couple of the regulars I recognized to rush me. So I listened to them count and popped one of the guys tasked with laying down suppressive fire as soon as they counted three. I had a perfect knothole to watch everything from and gogged him squarely the second he turned. The other guy, clearly surprised that I had such a firing lane didn't manage to lay down much cover. Lo and behold, the kid still came stumbling up to the bunker, and 10 feet out starts yelling "Surrender or die!" I calmly switch hands with my 98 (a feat indeed, considering I had the stock and remote line) and give him one quick shot to the chest. I heard him whining about it later to his friends, and some other people who apparently saw it talking about it as well, so I very deliberately walked up to him and proceeded to tell him, publicly, "Bud, you never had the drop on me, and I watched you come running up to me. I wasn't going to surrender when <i>I</i> had the advantage." Everyone stopped talking about it after that.

Now, my point is that this kid, in his newly bought secondhand dress suit, clearly thought he was going to get to be James Bond. That said, I prefer that kid to the Halo kids who think they're all going to be 1337 5n1p3|2z, because he at least will play aggressively, instead of playing "defense," all day. But he was still out to "pwn" people. Kids view surrenders as the ultimate of glory and use it more as a humiliation device than as a courtesy. I view it as a courtesy for other players, and generally avoid the situation entirely.

I barrel tagged someone once. Actually, I didn't even touch them with the barrel. But this poor girl was surrounded and I could tell she wanted out because she just plain stopped shooting back at everyone. So I did her a favor and ran up to her tree and ran around and tagged her before some other jerk could try to bunker her, and I could see the relief and thanks in her eyes. She wasn't even new, I'd played with her a bunch before. This was the only time I found myself in a situation to do so, and I used it as a courtesy to the other player as opposed to rep for myself. I've never been sneaked up on to be tagged, and I think this really only happens to the marshmallow brigade. Beyond that, I've been bunkered plenty, and maybe I've just played enough, but you could shoot me from point blank and I wouldn't even flinch. People are far too intimidated by markers. I'm all bones, and if I can tough it out, some of you big boys need to man up.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#43 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

View PostSO45615, on Sep 21 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

if i sneak up on someone.. il put my barrel in their back and tell them to surrender... cant really refuse that if the barrel is pressed against your back.

By poking a barrel in the bag you have tagged them already if the rules of the day allow, however it is good practice to do so indirectly, e.g. poke a barrel in someones back and if you accidentlay fire or they refuse to surrender and you shoot you will cause damage and ruin someones day. Tag someone with the side of the barrel and accidents don't cause harm - you show yourself to be a gentleman player.
If not using surrender or tagging rules then shooting in the boots or pods is gentlemanly play.

#44 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

I just realized this was in "New Posts" as a result of a major necro. Whoops.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#45 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

surrendering isnt my thing. although, i will offer that option to them.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users