• You cannot reply to this topic

Surrender Option impose the surrender option Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Cravex 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PUMP-GUN-JOE

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

I don't agree with the assumption that if you will not surrender you will not offer it.

I very, very rarely surrender, but am known for surrendering players when possible. 12-09-06 I surrendered at least three players. One walked up on me without realizing I was in the bush in front of him. I offered him surrender and once he looked and saw me he realized he would have been gone if I wanted to shoot. The other two happened in the same game when i flanked the opposing team and got behind them. One surrendered when I got about 8' from him the other I could have barrel tagged (didn't because our field dooesn't allow any physical contact, cuts down on fights). Scared the crap out of him. He was prone when I walked up behind him and stepped where he could see my foot out of his peripheral vision. When he looked over his shoulder and saw my marker about 6"from his pack, he jumped and said some words the swear filter would catch.

Now if the guys that were at a better distance, and made any move other than to state that they are out, I would have been forced to shoot them. If that had happened, I would shoot for hitting their equipment to lessen the pain.

Joe

This post has been edited by Cravex: 17 December 2006 - 03:38 PM

Paintball = Integrity , Honesty, Teamwork, Communication, Leadership

Pump-Gun-Joe
CO Adrenaline Rush

#17 User is offline   jogernot 

• I pwn the "good people"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jogernot

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

In some cases for me this works. I'll run up and say "YOUR DEAD YOUR DEAD." which means if you dont surrender that is about to happen to them. And about half the time they surrender and the other half they have to think about it and say "no im not" in which case you can help them out. So over all just tell them they are dead or they think your giving them a option when you tell them to surrender.

Put This In Your Sig If Your Parents Dont Pay For Your Stuff
PAINTBALL is OXYGEN

#18 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

Now if guy #1 runs up to guy #2, and #2 points the gun at #1, so they are pointing at each other, and they both yell surrender, is it the one who yell surrender first who wins, or do they surrender to each other? Maybe both should be out? As I said earlier, difficult to implement. Instead of running up, better just to shoot him from more than the minimum distance. I think it is more dangerous to try to make someone surrender, than to just shoot them.

#19 User is offline   MiniOn 118 

• War is sweet to those who've yet to taste it.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Minion 118

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

All fields in my area have the 10' rule, but that is only used, when one is flanking from the rear and the opponent has no idea whats coming for them. Also, I 've experienced this once or twice, if you're on one side of a bunker and the bad guys on the other, a "surrender" over the top of the bunker was sufficeint to put down the enemy. Another good rule is the barrel tap, if you sneak up on someone, there is no worse feeling then that of cool metal on the back of your neck as you realize what has just happened. I think its a good rule, but there are alot of variables that you have to consider when making it a solid rule.

#20 User is offline   Apathy 

• Only my twisted perception keeps me company.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Apathy

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

With what little field experience I've had, this has happened twice. During both incidents, I just guesstimated ten feet+ and took a step or two back if needed before taking the shot. The second time back fired as my attempt to follow field rules gave one of his team mates flanking up field a chance to catch me back peddling. Barrel tagging works, unless of course as mentioned, your field has a no touch policy. Then your best option I suppose is just be aware of surroundings and your opponents enough that you don't require the use of barrel tagging/surrender, less of course you are playing with children whom have a habit of shooting you regardless of barrel tag or a surrender or a five foot rule even....

This post has been edited by Apathy: 09 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

"A mind without purpose will wander in dark places"
"Man - a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired." -Mark Twain-
"Celibacy is the worst form of self-abuse."-Peter De Vries- The only field at which I excel and hold no equal.

#21 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

10 feet is good. u better yell surrender, cause sometimes stupid people dont say anything, or points the gun at the guy, and then they get lit up. it hurts, trust me :laugh:

#22 User is offline   Project Reaper 

• War is peace
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Project Reaper

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

ok in our field (which is a town/city feild) its very ahrd to offer the option, cause usually there is more the one person in a building and one may surrender butt he other wouldnt, so i have offered it to women, and some children and one time to someone who had his back to me, i usually take the easy way out but shooting their foot or leg if possible, cause its easy to shoot the leg and wont hurt as much.
and usually there isnt much time to offer surrender before being found out or flanked
-Kindness just gets in the way when you're trying to survive-
-When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself-

Official Broadsword #2
Official Sabre #7
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#23 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

My regular field imposes a 10-foot "freeze" rule. No shooting inside 10-feet - yell freeze. It doesn't always work and people regularly get lit up.

I was impressed with the new field I played yesterday.

I snuck 15' away from a guy with my marker pointing at him and yell "FREEZE!" He puts his hands up and comes out. I shook his hand on the way out, as I did a lot of people that day.

Paintball fields are like offices or classrooms: some of them are good, some are just inherantly bad environments. Bad people get booted from good environments. A guy with an e-Grip who couldn't control it would likely get asked to leave the field I played yesterday - people cared about the quality of the game.

To answer your question, I think 10 feet is a bare minimum - 15 feet would be nice - and field staff have to take this seriously, enforcing penalties for people not obeying the rule, otherwise the rule will be broken. Talk to field staff or owners about this. If they don't make it a priority, go elsewhere.

This post has been edited by C.J.: 11 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

#24 User is offline   -JC-Jester 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-OR-Jester

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

Atevery ield that I have played, that has had a surrendor option, the aggressor is the winner, since he/she is making the move.

Now, as far as a surrendor option, I am still on the fence. Granted, many players do not want to be lit up. I feel it is nice to give the option, and if the player tkes it, great. If not, the player asking the for the surrendor should already be in a position to make a 1 ball shot to eliminate the target.

I take the hit most times, but there ae times I dont. When a player moves to a bunker I am in, taps it, says your out (without phyically seeing me) then I tend to not take the hit, come around the corner and put one on him. Just my $.02
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

you sould enforce it so no one gets hurt.
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#26 User is offline   nuc/et 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

personally if I get bunkered your going to have to shoot me I wont surrender but were I play they have a rule 25ft and you must be able to see atleast 3/4 of the opponent for the safety kill to count

#27 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:45 AM

I'm all for the mercy rule - but some guys I won't offer it too. One kid swung around once and full auto'd me from about 5 ft after I offered him mercy.

However - if I charged a fort I would let go inside also. Sorry but that's close combat.

#28 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

too many times i've tried to be the good guy and surrender people and they just turn and shoot me
i don't surrender anymore

if it was pre-stated to all before the game that if you get snuck up on and someone says surrender - and you HAVE to surrender - then i would surrender people

or if i can get a barrel tap ...

otherwise - feel the pain - but i'll aim as gentle as possible
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#29 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:43 PM

when in doubt shoot em,tag them whatever if they light you up light them up!I know it hurts but teach them a lesson on how bad it hurts to be shot at close range even though its childish not to take the surrender!!!!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#30 User is offline   Hayden Nunnally 

• Paintball ROCKS
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:nunnally04

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:50 PM

at my field its a courtesy (that happens every now and then)
sigs arent actully allowed so i have one
PM me about Custom Paint-Jobs <<<link

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users