Special Ops Paintball: Worst Injury Out In The Field - Special Ops Paintball

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Injury Out In The Field What happened to you.

#271 User is offline   TheMedic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SniperSurprise

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

The worst thats even happened to me during a game is when I vaulted through a window one to many times. I'd been doing it all day to get into little houses on the field when the doors were in lines of fire. After a good sprint, I jumped in, and caught my bare knees on the sill. It ripped off good chunks of skin.

The worst injury I have seen was when I was playing a Big Game with my good friend Gas Mask a year ago. We were flanking around a heavily fortified area when we came upon a LARGE patrol. 15-20 people, and one of them had a rather large weapon resting on his shoulder. (Think RPG-7) Needless to say, we made for a ridge. We made it to the top, and since I'm lighter and carry less gear, I got there fist, and threw myself down the hill. Well, Gas Mask gets there next, tries the same thing, and mangages to break his ankle. It WAS an amazing jump though.
Well, the patrol came around the hill, and both of us started shooting at them, since at this time, neither of us understood the severity of his injury. Well, we got a few of them before we had to surrender, and my friend managed to walk all the way back to the staging area (1-2 km) on his own, using his BT-4 as a crutch. He was going to go back out and play, but field staff saw him and wanted to look at it.
They figured it was broken, and wouldn't let him play. Our only ride was coming later in the day, and he sat there for the rest of the 10+ hour game, giving his buddies info on what the other team was up to. ;) In my books, it was the most godly thing I'd ever seen anyone do.
Afterwards, even in a cast, he was talking about going out to indoor with a crutch and a pistol.

#272 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

broke my trigger finger on my right hand
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#273 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Hmmm the worst I have sustained is getting hit on the top of the head about 15 feet away. Looked down for two seconds to errrm tie my boot and boom head shot haha, my dad was WELL camouflaged! I think more paintballers should get first aid from the sounds of it haha

#274 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

D-day Skirmish. Last 10 Minutes of the game, got out and walked to the reinsertion point. Got hit in the back left of the head with a reball. Fell on the ground coming in and out of consciences. Germans made a push on us while I was still on the ground with refs yelling cease fire and people were shooting the paramedics. To make this peachier, the German tank came in and started shooting at us. His fps was 380 fps. Was taken off the field by stretcher and brought to a ambulance. After that I had a bold spot on the back of my head. Got a 3rd degree concussion from it all.

Heres a pic of my head after the game.
Posted Image

#275 User is offline   Arian57 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arian57

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

Probably when I cut the bottom of my foot in the campsite at OK D-day 08, then went on to play that game. I got a pretty nasty infection that took lots of disinfectant and about five days to clear away.

#276 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

I went to fill someones tank after a game, and i dint put the feed all the way onto the nipple..it blew off and hit me in the lip..hurt like crap
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#277 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

View Postdarkwolf0982, on Dec 3 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

View PostBlaze008, on Dec 3 2006, 12:15 AM, said:

Ran into a random tree acouple times, nothing worse then that.

im sorry but i got to crack on u for this,did u see the tree? lol

View Post$ARGE, on Dec 3 2006, 04:06 PM, said:

View Postdarkwolf0982, on Dec 3 2006, 01:27 PM, said:

View PostBlaze008, on Dec 3 2006, 12:15 AM, said:

Ran into a random tree acouple times, nothing worse then that.

im sorry but i got to crack on u for this,did u see the tree? lol

Speaking of which I was at Skirmish USA one time. It was the last game of the day and to use up the last of your paint, we were playing you weren't out until you couldn't take the pain any more. Our team was in the castle (not the Tippmann Castle, one of the smaller ones, the Dye Castle maybe?). Somebody threw a smoke grenade and this guy charged us, he got lit up, but kept running with his head down. He was at a dead sprint when he ran right into a tree. Everybody stopped shooting him, and we yelled down to him, hey you ok. He just kinda moans then says "Yea, I'm ok. I can't move my arms or legs, but I'll be ok." He got up after a couple minutes, but not one of the brighter moves I've ever seen.

those trees are smart, but you cant let them get the best of you!! :P :laugh: :wacko: :P :alien:
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#278 User is offline   FlamingMace 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

My worst injury was yesterday. An idiot newbie decided to do a superman dive into a bush while i was running to a bunker, he tripper me up and i fell over and landed on my gun, barrel first and my stock basicly went into my neck/upper torso (was running and shooting) and it broke off into loads of pieces. I was in diar freaking pain but i thought i had just brused myself so carried on playing.

But infact when i had finished the game and went to see what the damage was i had apparently broken my right collar bone. Yay me.

No paintball for a couple of months which sucks monkey nuts. Also i'm in PAIN, but the drugs help with that lol.

Isn't it wierd how you only feel the real pain when you see what the actual damage is... i was ok till my buddy told me i should really go look in a mirror. Then i passed out haha.

#279 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

I'm a newbie so my "worst" injury is not that bad... I was inside a metal corrugated pipe "can" (the kind with T slits to see/shoot out of), and I was trying to get out to get to a better position, but I forgot there was a small raised part of pipe that you have to step over to get out. I tried to run out, and I tripped over it, leaving a small, deep cut into my lower shin. Called myself out, washed it off, kept playing for the rest of the day. Like I said, I haven't been playing long enough to have any bad injuries. However, my dad got a very bad one in January. He was having an ear infection, and right in the middle of a game, he got dizzy and lost his balance. He stepped in a little hole and pulled his hamstring real bad. He had a nasty and extremely painful 'angry bruise' for about a month. Despite this, he still played that game, he just hung back instead of charging to the frontlines like he did before.
"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#280 User is offline   ghettomods 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ghettomods

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, I dont get to play very much, so mine aren't that bad, but today, I was knealing behind a bunker and had a ball bounce off of the ground directly onto my inner thigh, it didnt bust but it hurt so bad i called myself out, and the same thing happened next game. A couple games later nailed right under the armpit
"Next time he says that, punch him in the throat and tell him to silence his blasphemy and sit there in his wrongness, being wrong!" -Pirate

#281 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

well, one for me it was back in about... 07. i slid into a bunker wrong and was in excruciating pain. It has gotten better over the years but it is still bad. well, in technicality it is this really long german-sounding word where your bones are growing faster than your muscles, but the doctor said that slide was what sparked all the pain... yea i dont know either... :mellow:

#282 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

in a kill house I fell through floor spraing my ankle and ripping a remote line
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#283 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

OK D-Day 07 I managed to give myself a hairline fx of my left ankle. Not fun.

#284 User is offline   _Flash_ 

• RIP Rush Paintball park Jupiter will miss you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:_Flash_

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Sprinting down the tapeline to flank the other team through tall grass caused me to step in a hole obstructed from view and break my leg. I had a spiral fracture of my left fibula that took 9 months to heal. It was friggen ridiculous. only bad injury I have ever had playing paintball in my 9 years of playing!
TEAM ON TARGET

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -General George Patton
Shooting old school

#285 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:HoboHunter23

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

Yeah. One time I crawled into one of these metal wheel thingy's (just imagine a huge wheel without the tire, and it's made out of metal) and I banged my head on it. It hurt. I've also been shot point blank a lot. One time, I was in a bunker and out of the corner of my eye i see a marker. And then he shot and it hurt. lol. That's all i got....

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users