• You cannot reply to this topic

apex vs. flatline Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   plunk 

• ZOIDBERG
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:plunk

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

I'm thinking of replacing my flatline with an apex barrel but I don't know if I should or not? Thanks for any suggestions.

#2 User is offline   HammerSword 

• DiLLiGaF
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HammerSword

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:34 PM

Try the search button, over 30 pages of threads.

This post has been edited by HammerSword: 20 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

#3 User is offline   flyboy 

• One BPS can still get you out
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyboy

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

I wish someone would come up with an "autosearch" and when post are made with this in the title, trigger it.

:D
Boss Company

#4 User is offline   Fut 

• Silent Storm - Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fut

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

Here ya go...
Check out This Thread, it's all about Apex vs Flatline. It may not be the best thread about the topic, but it's alot better than "Try the Search Button"...

Sabre #666

#5 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

View Postplunk, on Nov 20 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

I'm thinking of replacing my flatline with an apex barrel but I don't know if I should or not? Thanks for any suggestions.

i've been thinking of doing the same thing... i hate my flatline

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#6 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

I can say that after owning both barrels the Apex is alot better than the Flatline. IMO. It isn't as paint picky, it's easier to take off, and it shoots in 4 different "modes".
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#7 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JUNO

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

Love my Flatty but the Apex out performs it. I've used my Apex all season and haven't seen the need to switch to any other kit.

#8 User is offline   Killer V 

• Socom 3 Killer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Killer V

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

Apex barrel users are the same as wipers in my book of cheaters. Lobbing shots behind bunkers ruins the game.
user posted image

#9 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

View PostKiller V, on Dec 1 2006, 03:26 PM, said:

Apex barrel users are the same as wipers in my book of cheaters. Lobbing shots behind bunkers ruins the game.

Wow we're gonna need a fire truck too put out all the flames that this will start but honestly man if lobbing a shot is cheating then a grenade is cheating because basically all you are doing is "lobbing" a bigg shot.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#10 User is offline   Swede Johanson 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:18 AM

View Postdillz, on Dec 1 2006, 10:51 PM, said:

Wow we're gonna need a fire truck too put out all the flames that this will start but honestly man if lobbing a shot is cheating then a grenade is cheating because basically all you are doing is "lobbing" a bigg shot.

Would this be a bad time to mention how I load my RPG with 100 paintballs & fire it from my ambush spot?

#11 User is offline   Killer V 

• Socom 3 Killer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Killer V

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:26 AM

So you enjoy getting hit behind a bunker by a curveball? What is the point of having bunkers at all with apex barrels on the field? Grenades exist in reality hence is a part of the game. Most people consider this a "war game" but choose to use different terms than that. What gun in reality can shoot curve ball around a wall? A grenade can be thrown but that is a whole different ballgame guys. Bottom line is the more apex barrels on the field we might as well just play civil war style from now on.

View PostSwede Johanson, on Dec 2 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

Would this be a bad time to mention how I load my RPG with 100 paintballs & fire it from my ambush spot?

No that doesn't bother me at all. Intentionally shooting curveballs from your cheater barrel does bother me.

This post has been edited by Killer V: 02 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

user posted image

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

So you've never used an Apex have you?
The paintball isn't going to make a 90 degree turn as soon as it passes your bunker.
The flight path of the ball is a gradual curve.

Personally, I can't stand the way the standard Apex looks. Then comes the AK and M-16 ones. Now I'm having trouble not getting it.

My only question, can I attach rails to the M-16 shroud on the "Apex-16"?
I love my rails :panzer:
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#13 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:30 PM

will i'm not looking at getting an apex for that reason... i want it because i'm hearing its more acurate and i like the idea of with a flick of a switch i can use it as a normal barrel...

i cant speak for the dude that started this thread... but thats my reason for wanting one... and i dont really like the way the stock apex looks eather pirate.... i've been looking around for a mod i really like...

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#14 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:43 PM

I want to make sure I'm getting this straight, so because the ball curves, its cheating? What if I longball you with extreme arc on a standard barrel and hit the top of your head while you're behind a bunker? How would that be any different than me using an apex? What about the flatline guys who know how to turn their gun sideways and shoot it so that it curves just like an apex? Or should we ban barrel breaks too since they can make a ball curve? You're talking about paintball man, whether is up and down, or sideways, the flight path is curved, Apex or no Apex. Get tighter to your bunker and frickin deal with it... The Apex doesn't magically make a ball home in on you, and its first shot accuracy in extreme curveball mode is anything but dead-on, so frankly, if you get hit behind a bunker its because you sat there way too loose behind it while some guy took his time to walk his shots in and get you. 90% of people who own an apex never even turn the tip sideways, which is the only way to curve the shot sideways, so I really don't understand what you're FEMALE DOGing about... I guess we should cancel all paintball play on days with heavy winds because it might make a ball curve :blink:

View PostKiller V, on Dec 2 2006, 01:26 PM, said:

So you enjoy getting hit behind a bunker by a curveball? What is the point of having bunkers at all with apex barrels on the field? Grenades exist in reality hence is a part of the game. Most people consider this a "war game" but choose to use different terms than that. What gun in reality can shoot curve ball around a wall? A grenade can be thrown but that is a whole different ballgame guys. Bottom line is the more apex barrels on the field we might as well just play civil war style from now on.

View PostSwede Johanson, on Dec 2 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

No that doesn't bother me at all. Intentionally shooting curveballs from your cheater barrel does bother me.

"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#15 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

Hold on, let me get the Asbestos and Fire Extinguishers...
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users