• This topic is locked

Tiberius Tac9 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   spartan13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:spartan13

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:36 PM

well i have done ALOT of homework on this gun and why would they not show the mag with the gun on the web site.
i called teberius today and i have to things to say
1:they didnt say anything about a 20rnd mag

2:IT SHIPS THIS WENSDAY!!!!!!11/29/06

IM SO GETTING ONE

This post has been edited by spartan13: 27 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

#62 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jet the Black Dog

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:31 AM

View Post3MUMFM, on Nov 27 2006, 06:31 PM, said:

I have 3 questions about the Tac-9.

1. If you use the constant air can you use the clips still?
2. Where does the remote attach?
3. When is the 20 round mag coming out? ( mentioned in a earlier post )
Other than those questions the Tac-9 looks to be about the coolest paintball gun out there. I want one but just finished upgrading my A-5. Also they should produce a few mods to make it look like a H&K MP7 MP7 pics

I don't know, the air attaches to the bottom of a magazine, and I don't know. I need to contact them soon anyways if I can find the answers I'll repost them. :P
...and a good time was had by all
Co-founder and Captain Team BeBop
Proudly sponsored by Smart Parts, Qloader, Special Ops Paintball and First Call Paintball
SP-1 w/Qloader
Tiberius 8 Special Edition

#63 User is offline   Simiancell 

• Forum Nephilim
  • Pip

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

Just got off the phone with Tiberius and they said they only system currently and anywhere in the future that would feed off the bottom would be the 8 shot sytem they currently have. They said they were approached by q-loader to make an adapter and were given permission. He said the q loader system should be available in two to three weeks, whether that will happen remains to be seen. q loader system will feed from the same port as the Tiberius hopperand said T9's will be shipping to dealers tomorrow

This post has been edited by Simiancell: 28 November 2006 - 08:36 AM

#64 User is offline   spartan13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:spartan13

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

sorry for the messy piant shop work they DO have a way to hook a remote on th the gun but they are bad at explaining how.
sry again paint is bad

#65 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

Hehe, I know you can hook up a hopper and remote. I am saying that you would never use the option NOT to. Why would you start a paintball game with only a few shots and a 12 gram of Co2... ever? Thats fine for a sidearm... but not a primary. At least with a Longbow you get 21 shots and you never have to reload your air. Whats the max ammount of clips you are gonna bring on the field? 3? Do you honestly think thats all the ammo you will ever need? I know some people are going to say yes, but even people that play using pumps at my local field use hoppers.

When you are done your clips and have to stick more paint in em, you will find you cant do efficient field reloads of those clips during a game. You just cant. You will get shot. You will get bunkered, and you will go to the dead zone and stick on the remote line and hopper.... and then you will wonder why you got that marker and not a Tac One. :ghillie: I snipe mroe than anyone I have ever seen in a real life game of paintball... and I use at least two Q pods a game and carry and extra just in case. Thats two hundred rounds. How many little clips and 12 grams would add up to that?

The Tiberius is cool, its looks cool, and it might be a cool thing to own. Garunteed that thing is going to end up as a very expensive sidearm or itll be used everytime with a hopper and remote. You are gonna remove that bipod, you are gonna get an offset because that stock allows for no mask clearance (when are they gonna learn?!), you are gonna get a quiet barrel with porting so the marker does not sound like a cannon, and you are basicly investing in a more exspensive version of a Tac One after you add all the stuff to get it up to snuff.

Also, doesnt anyone here care about consistiency in regards to using the 12 grams? Consistiency is one of the hugest things that contributes towards accuracy! Fire a whole 12 gram into a chrono and watch the velocity taper off as you finish up the 12 gram. Now try out some one shot on kills and tell me you have dead on accuracy with those fluxuating velocities. That is not even countign the fact that C02 is already a pretty unstable and irregular gas to be using if you are really concerned about accuracy. You are just gonna end up using the compressed air tank on your back if you really care about accuracy, and the whole clip appeal will wear off quick and become obsolete.

If you think you only need one shot per target, and all your targets are going to travel alone then maybe 8 or 9 shots is plenty. Good luck with that. I hate to sound like a kill joy, because that marker is actually pretty cool. I just think its more of a backyard shooting kinda marker, and I dont think it is going to get you more eliminations. Bsed on my personal experience there is no way youd regularily use the clips for your paint and air source.. and if you are using a hopper and remote then you may as well get a Tac One and a T2W stock, as it already has a great stock barrel for sniping, offset picatinny rails for plenty of mask clearance, and is one of the greatest mechanical markers ever made for the about the same price as this new Tiberius marker.

This post has been edited by gamer: 29 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#66 User is offline   NINJA MAN! 

• WOO!WOO!CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA!WOO!WOO!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:doorbell

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

Can the pistol just drop out of the shroud, or does it take some complicated form of undoing screws? I would love to just whip out the pistol for cqb moments on field. I know i'd have to carry around the shround but still, it would be pretty rad.
IPB Image

#67 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

Ninja-man,
It looks like screws but at the very least it would be a barrel swap from the side feed for the hopper to the bottom feed for the mag, I don't know if that would be practical.

Gamer,
you remind me of a guy in a martial arts class I took once who said the sword he had was too heavy. The teacher looked at him with scorn and said "No, your arm is too weak" :D

There are plenty of players out there(some so superhumanly strong they carry more than 3 tagmags, I know one guy who packs a dozen :laugh: ) that are able to do just fine with this supposedly insurmountable handicap, perhaps it's only you.
I use 2 pistols and routinely fire up to 200 rounds in a 15minute game! I've practiced and learned to be able to do it, it simply takes a little more self discipline. You wouldn't know this but though 12grams do taper every shot, they do this consistently, the same way every 12gram so it's only a short time before accuracy returns as you practice. The paintball limits accuracy far more than that.

Like you, I used to think "If I was at one end of the field with a pistol and my clone were at the other with a machine gun, the machine gun would win." and feel that settled it.
I learned later that the real question was "if ten players were at one end of the field with machine guns and at the other end were 9 machine guns and 1 pistol player, who would win?"
Paintball is a team sport and a good pistol player can do things and fit in places that someone with a regular marker cannot, but there's not much to be done with 10 machine guns that you can't do as well with 9, that's the nature of machine guns.

By your logic everyone would settle on one paintgun and everyone would use the 'best gun', in reality a team needs to be versatile to win and keep winning.

I'm the opposite of your ideal, I'm going to buy one of these, break it down into a pistol and never change it from then on, as I like the fact that the body covers the length of the barrel and the 'peephole' which lets you check the breech has been moved from the top to the side. These two things will make it behave much better in the rain than the tag8 which is important in a primary pistol.

Heh-heh, I appreciate your wishes of 'good luck with that' Gamer,
I should say that I haven't been shot in the hopper in 14 YEARS, good luck to YOU with THAT!

Rob

#68 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

the paintball store i work for got one of these in and its really cool i was very impressed by the quality of everything... if anyone ... woulda wanna buy it pm me... i cant post the price its below MAP

Posted Image

Posted Image

edited for pics

This post has been edited by heisman01: 15 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

#69 User is offline   stealthghost 

• Greek Fire Commander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stealthghost

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:13 PM

Hey anyone know when specialops is going to get these in? I'm deff going to buy one of these.
IPB Image

IPB Image

"Sports don't build character. They reveal it." - Heywood Hale Broun

#70 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

If SpecOps gets them, I'll buy them along with a slew of other stuff. Then wait for my large load of stuff to come through the mail. And probably get a visit from the police.

#71 User is offline   stealthghost 

• Greek Fire Commander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stealthghost

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

Any one know if and or when specops is going to get these? Cause I would love to buy one during the christmas cash deal :)
IPB Image

IPB Image

"Sports don't build character. They reveal it." - Heywood Hale Broun

#72 User is offline   Red1 

• Silence is a Deadly Weapon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow750

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:12 AM

I got one for Christmas. The T9 Pro package. I only have one mag, though, so I'll still have to put some of my money into it. I'm not complaining though. It's incredible, and rather easy to convert. I'm ecstatic! :P

Pistol Wielding Dagger #21; Youngest member of the Hobbit Mossad

#73 User is offline   Hawk1216 

• Gunwhore
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hawk1216

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Red1...

I got the Covert Package, I'm still trying to figure out the real difference. From what I saw, the only changes were the flashlight, and the scope.

*shrug*

I'm ecstatic as well, although I shot a few this morning, and realized that 8 shots, really isn't enough for anything.

>.<
Special Ops +39/-0
PBnation +8/-0
E-bay +77/-0

#74 User is offline   Tiberius-T9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

View PostHawk1216, on Dec 25 2006, 12:25 PM, said:

Red1...

I got the Covert Package, I'm still trying to figure out the real difference. From what I saw, the only changes were the flashlight, and the scope.

*shrug*

I'm ecstatic as well, although I shot a few this morning, and realized that 8 shots, really isn't enough for anything.

>.<

I bought a spare Mag that I installed my remote Comppressed air adapter in, and can still use Paint in the magazine, but I wouldn't be able to go very long without the hopper attachment, and a hopper full of paint.

#75 User is offline   Red1 

• Silence is a Deadly Weapon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow750

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:02 PM

Never mind what this post said I found my answer.
The magazines ARE interchangeable between the Tac8 and T9. I think I'll stick with just mags since it adds more challenge than a full hopper. You guys enjoy your T9s. I know I will.

This post has been edited by Red1: 25 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

Pistol Wielding Dagger #21; Youngest member of the Hobbit Mossad

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users