• You cannot reply to this topic

A-5 breaking paint Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Argelmcgee 

• Saber
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:None

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I thought it was the Stabilizer I had on my gun, I'm still not positive. I found out that my Cyclone RATCHET wasn't greased enough (not oiled) so I got some Lithium grease from Sears, bought a Vortex ratchet and installed the Vortex, greased it well and the problem went away. Try getting some WHITE Lithium grease from Sears and oil up your ratchet. If you have ever taken apart the Cyclone and cleaned out the grease in the Cyclone then re-oiled it with Tippmann's stuff, you need white Lithium grease.

Hope this helps,
Argelmcgee

#17 User is offline   da Squid 

• BroadSword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:da Squid

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

View PostArgelmcgee, on Nov 13 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I thought it was the Stabilizer I had on my gun, I'm still not positive. I found out that my Cyclone RATCHET wasn't greased enough (not oiled) so I got some Lithium grease from Sears, bought a Vortex ratchet and installed the Vortex, greased it well and the problem went away. Try getting some WHITE Lithium grease from Sears and oil up your ratchet. If you have ever taken apart the Cyclone and cleaned out the grease in the Cyclone then re-oiled it with Tippmann's stuff, you need white Lithium grease.

Hope this helps,
Argelmcgee

you know what you just answered my question, my problem was that the A5 was one moment chopping balls, the next minute shooting blanks (with a full hopper) then multiple balls would be fired in a single shot. i just chopped one too many balls (i was using pmi marbilizer) or my co2 tank was just frozen (24 oz which the field always has problems filling and it was around 48 degrees game time). i did find that my cyclone feed still jammed after repeated attempts to reset the cylinder. hmmm i guess i'll do the above first.

#18 User is offline   Marshall The Guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marshall The Guy

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

thats pretty odd, with my a5 and co2 ive shot over 5000 rounds and no chops yet..... well i hope you find out what the problem is
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
^^ Haha i earned that. suweet. --- "Superior firepower by accuracy, not speed" --- "My ancestors were people, not monkeys"
Remember, we are playing paintball here. I suggest you use equipment designed for paintball, all that military stuff isnt necessary. If you agree, put this in ur sig ----- MY FEEDBACK > http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=110326 -----

#19 User is offline   MAD KLOWN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAD KLOWN

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:54 AM

i had similar problems with my A-5 Stealth...and it was just out of the package. My dad and I both knew it wasn't shooting right from the beginning..but we went along and kept playing...then after a few weeks..it literally chopped paint every 2nd or 3rd ball. So, just this past weekend, my dad tested it and said it wasn't shooting right still...we tried the velocity and we couldn't get it over 202 on the chrono...we gave to Matt (for those who know who he is at Matt's OB) and he said it was an 'Internal Factory Defect' ?

So this whole time my gun was shooting gelatin soup at 10bps..because of a factory problem....any thoughts??

:smoke:

----> oh, and im using hpa

This post has been edited by MAD KLOWN: 21 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

#20 User is offline   SHADOW VIPER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOW VIPER

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

The only time I ever had a problem with mine breaking paint was when I used the cheap Wal-Mart paint then I was breaking them constantly. I switched to Diablo Heat, and Draxxus and have not had a problem since. :(

#21 User is offline   LT.CDR.STINKY 

• Strategic Mastermind
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LT.CDR.STINKY

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

I added a Vortex Mod and QEV... Marbs were fine except for a few flatline breaks, but that's sqeegeed quickly taking off the flatline (see here what I mean: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...c=81979&hl= )

BUT, i was also shooting Evils which have their good and bad days... this time the cyclone seemed to have killed one inside the cyclone... makes for a nice cleaning job.

Overall though I get about 2-5 flatline breaks per thousand shots...
IPB Image

SplattOps SpecialOps Brigade Page My A5MP5
"Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive flying club."

#22 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

I was having this same problem last weekend. I was using "Brand New" DraXxus Midnight, which turned out to be the problem. The paint had a very brittle shell and was rather dimpled (that's the store I bought it from, not DraXxus themselves).

I used some OLD paint (XBall Silver) and it shot fine.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#23 User is offline   polymorphic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Polymorphic

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

Hey, I'm having the same problem with breaks. I use hpa, rps premiums, a stiffi tip with dye ultralight back, and I have the A5-A2 EZ kit. The breaks are killing me in woodsball even with the self cleaning on the stiffi (the balls gain a hook from all the paint in the barrel). I have also noticed that my Stiffi is keeping moisture in the barrel after games (the entire inside is coated). Really need to know how to fix this or what to upgrade so that the problem disappears.

#24 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

When I upgraded my A5 to an E-grip with Rampage board, I was breaking paint left and right, even after upgrading to a JCS Pro Rachet and the Tech T lightning rod. I then changed the piston housing on the cyclone to the X7 piston housnig and my breakage problems stopped. The X7 piston housing lowers the cyclnig pressure, allowing it to cycle faster. The QEPH from Tech T also does the same thing but it costs twice as much.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#25 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Polymorphic, if your Stiffi has moisture inside use a squeegee to get it out. I usually squeegee after any ball break self cleaning or not. Don't use a fluffy stick or barrel swab (no furry ones) because that voids the warranty. Little pieces of hard somethings stuck on the swab can scratch the inside. I'd check the size of your ultralight back. If it's any smaller than .688 it could be a simple paint to barrel mismatch. Try a few different kinds of paint through it. Here's what I (not my idea), and others can do to check if your paint will fit. Drop a ball into your barrel, if it rolls through your paints too small, if it gets stuck, blow it out. If you really have to blow hard to get it out it's too big. I do it where if it hurts when it hits my hand when it comes out it's too big. If a gentle blow makes it slide the rest of the way out your paint is pretty close to just right.
-Ty :P

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users