Special Ops Paintball: SPECIAL OPS Scout Vest Review - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SPECIAL OPS Scout Vest Review Pictures Included!

#31 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

It looks good, but do you think its better than the flurry vest?

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#32 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:screemindemon

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

I wouldn't know I haven't tried it yet. But it looks like the Scout vest has more cover on it because if the mesh and front pocket. It is all about personal choice. I think it basically comes down to if you want a front grenade pouch or cargo pouch. I have also heard that the Flurry vest fits most sizes unlike the Scout which is a little too big for in in the chest. (Feels like it was made for women :D Not to be sexist but it feels like it, too much chest area for me.) But I would recommend this vest and you should look at reviews of the Flurry from people that have actually tried it. Sorry, that is all the input I can give.

This post has been edited by noobiekilla: 17 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

#33 User is offline   Al M 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AliasMunky3

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

View Postnoobiekilla, on Dec 17 2006, 01:37 PM, said:

I wouldn't know I haven't tried it yet. But it looks like the Scout vest has more cover on it because if the mesh and front pocket. It is all about personal choice. I think it basically comes down to if you want a front grenade pouch or cargo pouch. I have also heard that the Flurry vest fits most sizes unlike the Scout which is a little too big for in in the chest. (Feels like it was made for women :) Not to be sexist but it feels like it, too much chest area for me.) But I would recommend this vest and you should look at reviews of the Flurry from people that have actually tried it. Sorry, that is all the input I can give.

I just got my scout vest a couple days ago in OD together with the integrated sling system in OD as well. A little more of my paintball background puts me playing for about 9 years, 6 of which have been in scenario paintball. I've also own/ed a Flurry [non-emissary] Vest, RAP4 paintball vest and now this vest.

Upon initially inspecting and then trying on the vest, I was impressed with the craftsmanship, functionability and the overall form or look of the vest. The battle-function will be tested during my next scenario at the Blanding MOUT site this month. Comparing the 'scout to my prior Flurry, I would have to admit that I still have to get used to the scout. The Flurry was more snug and perhaps easier to fasten and adjust once on my body. Compared to the flurry, the scout needs what seems to be more extensive adjusting with the interior belt then the side buckles. The flury vest had simply elastic and velcro side fasteners. Additionally, the scout doesn't come with the padding that the flurry comes with. This padding not only acts as insulation, but also as an anti-welt barrier and, I would have to say, 'paintball armor' as you will get a lot of bounces off the padded areas. The new flurry has actual removeable padding, which is nice if you play in warmer climates. Conversely, the scout has no padding but is built mostly of mesh which suits my me living in Florida. Just to chime in the RAP4 vest, I would have to say it is a great price-concious vest. The ergonomics could be better, and I believe I am again speaking in reference to the prior version to the current RAP4 vest. Specifically, my RAP4 vest only allows a paintball tank on the back portion and places pods on the front of the vest. A hydration pouch is a feature of all of the vests I am describing with exception of my Flurry, because, again, it was the older, non-emissary which does not include this feature.

I'll hope to chime in with a better field-test description of the Spec Ops Scout vest after the scenario.

Here are some pics:
Left to right... Buddy with the older flurry vest, me with rap vest AND Redz pack for additional ammo for final battle reasons, buddy in front with Flurry Emissary
Posted Image

Me with Flurry
Posted Image

RAP4
Posted Image

RAP4 rear
Posted Image
-Al M.
Co-Captain
Screaming Munkys

#34 User is offline   Razors Edge 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Razors Edge

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:10 AM

I am a small guy, 5' 6" or 7" and about 125 pounds would the scout vest fit me ok? I have been thinking about getting it.

#35 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:27 PM

Sorry about the late reply, the vest would fit you fine but may be a bit too big, but it may fit you if you adjust the side straps tight, but with the internal belt it works fine. You should be OK.

#36 User is offline   Razors Edge 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Razors Edge

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

If you are running with air on gun would the empty tank holder in the back give you any trouble, sloshing around and what not or does it work ok?

#37 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

If the tank holder on the back is empty, it is like it isn't there. If anything, the tank holder would slosh WITH the tank in it but the internal elastic belt stops this, that and tightening the side straps.

#38 User is offline   Tamo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tamo

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hey there. Great review, verified the existance of the hydration pouch for me (great for the summertime). I'm considering this vest for my 14 year old little sister, she's about 5'4" and still growing, about 84 pounds. Very athletic and fast too. Do you think it would work well?
IPB ImageIPB Image
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

#39 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

Tell her to get fatter! Jk. If she puts a hydration bladder in and tightens all the straps, she should be good.

P.S. Sorry for the late response, been in Disney!

#40 User is offline   Tamo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tamo

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

Haha careful what you say. ;)
Thanks for the help!
IPB ImageIPB Image
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

#41 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

:o Just make sure the bladder is full or it should/could be loose on her.

#42 User is offline   Shmilling 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPECIAl OPS 24/7

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

hey guys can this vest hold Q-loader pods in the back?

#43 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

All Special Ops Vests can.

#44 User is offline   gorton-guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:catso4

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

so how hot does the vest get the same as a podpack,more,or less? is it cooler or hotter than the recon vest?
also how small can the internal harrnes be ajusted.

#45 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:11 AM

1. The Vest is obviously hotter than a pod pack but not too much because of the mesh
2. Don't have a Recon
3. The Internal Harness is Elastic so it can stretch VERY small.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users