Special Ops Paintball: New Pump marker this week, help me decide - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Pump marker this week, help me decide Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   D00M2007 

• Ohhhh...You touch my Tralala...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:D00M2007

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:06 AM

Go the cheap way! Get a BE Talon, and add a home made ball detent. Kick arse with that thing, and you'll earn instant respect.

This post has been edited by D00M2007: 04 October 2006 - 10:07 AM

I could use an electro for speedball, and a pump for woodsball, but I will/do use a mechanical for both.
Shoot the walking bushes.
In a Democracy, the Government is Afraid of the People, not the People Afraid of the Government.
If you can't see what you're shooting at, chances are you shouldn't be shooting.
View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#32 User is offline   Vern1 

• Timmy WOO HOO!!
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

Greetings,
The AIM bodies are some of the nicer ones out there - rhe tolerances are very nice and consistent.
They even make nice halfies, either MQ'd and E2'd or SC'd.

If you can't buy parts and bolt it together in less than an hour or two, read this:
http:\\www.pettypb.com/sniclone
It should help.

As for a Phantom, I've had dozens and never quite got the hang of pumping them without breaking paint.
Part of that may be that I generally use the most brittle stuff I can find - Usually Ultra Evil Pro - and I keep breaking paint on the breech drop step.
Hardly ever chop in the bore drop of a sniper or similar, even under full and rapid AT.
Illusions are parts box guns? Well yeah......EVERY MARKER starts as parts, they don't just appear as an assembled marker when you open the magic box.
I usually play with my trusty Illusion but have various snipers in both hopper and SC style.
The Illusion I have is a pre-production unserialized plain old black one that first showed up at a famous tourney venue as a showcase of the new markers and I scored it right after that tourney.
It has NEVER let me down and I have played the heck out of it.
It still gets the nod most of the time unless I need to play back, then I have a AT sniper clone for that.

I have literally dozens of pumps to choose from, but the Illusion seems to rise to the top - even over the Buzzard hanging on the wall next to it - if I were you, I would be concerned about parts, but if I can't find one, I'll make it.
Cheers,
Joe Petty
Master Tinkerer
www.pettypb.com
Deadbox before Dishonor!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

#33 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

I can assemble a sniper easily, it's ordering all the parts and deciding on all of them that would kill me.

I can use my phantom just fine.

And by parts box markers, I mean the parts that don't hold up to the standard, but are still good enough to use, like if someone mails in saying their hammer developed a crack, send a parts box hammer for free.

#34 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

I got a brand hammer new phantom. I was just needing to get rid of it, but you wouldnt want black. I went with clear parts to off set it alittle bit.

I would suggest buying used. That way you get a really good deal. Especially if you are going with a pump, there cant be too much wrong with one.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#35 User is offline   Black-Cell 

• The real man
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Blackcell

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

Phantom hands down

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic