• You cannot reply to this topic

Referee Gear Vests Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   adrenaLine 

• Team adrenaLine
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:adrenaLine a.k.a godSend

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

These ideas seem pretty cool, but honestly, I probably wouldn't be interested in buying them, soley because I don't ref. much
Team Adrenaline

PM for sniper assistance.
Dagger/Commander- Telling the team what to do, then showing them how it's done.

#17 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

[/quote]
Ref mask need to have more comfort too....some days I would have mine on for 10-12 hours.
[/quote]

What are you currently using for goggles when you referee? I use the V-Force "referee mask" which is their Shield model, and I use the Morph when I play. I have wore my referee mask for 12 hours, during scenario games and have not it found it to be too uncomfortable (for my liking, anyway). Yea, the think tanks at the companies making gear, don't consider that scenario and backyard ball wear their masks for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. They seem more interested in making it "kewl" <--- mis-spelling is intentional, rather than comfortable, reliable, durable, made with appropriate material and color, proper sized, padded where it should be, et cetera. Many times it "close, but not quite". The marketing wunderkind they employ, take a survey of what people want, across a demographic. They take all the ideas in, place a little bit of everything in the new "widget", and then you get piece of gear that has a little bit of something for everyone... but you know what else you have? A piece of gear that really suits no one.

end of sermon

View PostadrenaLine, on Oct 30 2006, 06:08 PM, said:

These ideas seem pretty cool, but honestly, I probably wouldn't be interested in buying them, soley because I don't ref. much

And...?

#18 Guest_Pale Rider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:29 PM

View PostMars, on Oct 31 2006, 11:18 AM, said:

Ref mask need to have more comfort too....some days I would have mine on for 10-12 hours.

What are you currently using for goggles when you referee? I use the V-Force "referee mask" which is their Shield model, and I use the Morph when I play. I have wore my referee mask for 12 hours, during scenario

I have a V force shield also, it's not too awful, I guess after 10 hours anything will began to wear on the old face.

#19 User is offline   Splatter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPLATTER68

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

Great ideas about more comfortable masks. I use a Proto Switch - I've had it on for four hours straight with only a few minutes rest time, then for another 4 hours, and it was pretty comfortable.

As far as vests, I was browsing around Bass Pro Shops the other day, and I found some blaze orange field vests by Remington that have lots of pockets for only 40 bucks. If you go to basspro.com, their stock number is 38-864-153-03
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Brigade #72314
Having an argument in online forums is like competing in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!

#20 User is offline   Meyou 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meyou

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

I've found it rather irritating to find a good secure place to stick a squeegie, both playing and reffing (Okay, I've reffed once...but still!) And wouldn't mind if the new vest came with some sort of squeegie holder.

Also, give an option of colours, as it seems you guys wear orange while I wear bright illuminous yellow.

Possibly a Whistle Holder?
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Tenacious Needs YOU! | WDR
Aspie 'Baller

#21 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:27 AM

View PostMeyou, on Nov 12 2006, 09:25 PM, said:

I've found it rather irritating to find a good secure place to stick a squeegie, both playing and reffing (Okay, I've reffed once...but still!) And wouldn't mind if the new vest came with some sort of squeegie holder.

Also, give an option of colours, as it seems you guys wear orange while I wear bright illuminous yellow.

Possibly a Whistle Holder?

My idea for the referee gear vest would have MOLLE attachment points, in certain areas to allow attaching pouches, et cetera, for whatever gear. I carry two squeegies... I carry a one piece flexable, tucked in a breastpocket, and a rigid/stick squeegie on my back (accessable over my right shoulder, looks like a radio antennae), affixed to my camelbak. The whistle holder is called a lanyard, and you wear them around your neck (tucked in your shirt if you don't like it swinging around). Referees in many other sports have been using them for over 100 years now, and I've used mine for almost ten and never had a problem. As far as the color thing goes... this is exactly what I was talking about, as far as creating a uniform standard. This is not about your wanting to wear yellow, because orange just isn't a good summer color for your complexion. I want to make Blaze Orange a referee standard for our industry. NPPL has seen fit to dis-allow the color from the field, and most (not all, obviously) fields use orange as a non-player color (obververs, media/photographers). There needs to be ONE color. ONE. The reflective white trim is for the occasion of night games, and help make the orange stand out. Most fields use yellow as a player/team color, and the goggle manufactures in their blinding flash of genius have marketed masks in yellow, jersey manufactures had the same flash, and the manufacturers of markers have hired the same think tanks and make yellow markers. So, we can see this is NOT a good color for trying to segregate ourselves from the players. Hopefully, the manufacturers will catch a ride on the clue-train, and not make the same mistakes with orange (oh, too late for the Ion, however). With the exception for one scenario game at our field, we will not allow orange of any kind to be worn or used by a player (and that includes the orange Ion).

End of sermon

#22 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

Any word from Special Ops on when we might see a Referee gear vest? Hopefully before next season starts?

#23 User is offline   syfillis 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

ya that would be sweet having a reff vest
its to bad we can't just use things like kahuna vest by cops911

Posted Image

or the Ref Vest Jungle

Posted Image

its just to bad that cops 911 dosent have a page devoted to all of there ref vest, ya to bad you can't just click here and be sent off to a bunch of cool vest for refs by cops 911, dang that just sucks that they don't exist and you can just click here .... why have you not clicked yet?

#24 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:55 AM

^^^^
because i get this from my school

Description : Organizational policies prohibit access to this page.

Before you contact Computer Services, note the Status code above and click here for some Troubleshooting Tips.

Error generated by DOBM Server.
... danm web blocking devises...... but i dont see the need for a vest really... everything you really need can be hung around your neck with a lanyard(sp). not to flame but for some people ya it would be a good idea... but for me i just couldent see my self using one.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 03 January 2007 - 06:56 AM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#25 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

In Response to: emr_ambush_alpha67

...but i dont see the need for a vest really... everything you really need can be hung around your neck with a lanyard(sp). not to flame but for some people ya it would be a good idea... but for me i just couldent see my self using one.

I would certainly agree the gear vest would not apply to some referees. NPPL referees, for instance, would have no need for the bulk. However, during a 12 hour scenario game, I want to carry my water, power bar, first aid, two radios, et cetera. That's too much for me to drag around my neck all day. I'm not suggesting it be a uniform standard, that every referee must have one - but it would be nice if one were available, and it would be nice if what was available fit our needs (something a little cooler than the upland game vest at Cabela's). That's all.

#26 User is offline   Splatter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPLATTER68

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

View PostMars, on Jan 4 2007, 01:37 PM, said:

I would certainly agree the gear vest would not apply to some referees. NPPL referees, for instance, would have no need for the bulk. However, during a 12 hour scenario game, I want to carry my water, power bar, first aid, two radios, et cetera. That's too much for me to drag around my neck all day. I'm not suggesting it be a uniform standard, that every referee must have one - but it would be nice if one were available, and it would be nice if what was available fit our needs (something a little cooler than the upland game vest at Cabela's). That's all.

Absolutely, Mars. "Gear" vests aren't needed for speedball games, but this is the SpecOps woods/scenario ball forum, right? In addition to all the stuff you mentioned, scenario refs need to carry pen(s), hole punches, mission cards, and sometimes props. I'm not worried about an extra air tank or marker for some poor schlub who runs into technical issues - in scenario games they can always exit the field and re-insert. I like the Cops911 ref vest, but it looks like it's way too hot for games here in Vegas and southern Utah.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Brigade #72314
Having an argument in online forums is like competing in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!

#27 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:40 AM

well at emr refs arnt on the field at all times and refs are constentily on the move... i have yet to see one of our refs with a vest during a big game... that what we have ref back packs for with extra tape, props extra barrel covers,mission cards and so on. and if we are with a private group we carry one extra marker and at about 2 extra co2 tanks. and as for mission cards we usally have them marked by time and the only ref to have that is the base refs. hole punces and one radio along with a whistle can be carried around your kneck easyly.... or maybe that easy for me becasue im a wrestler.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 05 January 2007 - 06:41 AM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#28 User is offline   stowesa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:00sniper00

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

They should make a vest design system thing. Like they all ready have for players but make one for refs with optional equipment and have like different color stripes and things like that.
IPB Image

Hey Guys Wanna Be A Big Help To Me?
Go To www.seven-forums.com And Sign Up Put Your Referer or whatever as Havoc.
Thanks Guys

#29 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

as for a REF. vest i was just in Wal-Mart and i got a bright orange hunting vest and sweatshirt for $7 on clearance, i got them for photography but i assume that they can also be used for reffing.

#30 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

View Poststowesa, on Jan 27 2007, 01:35 AM, said:

They should make a vest design system thing. Like they all ready have for players but make one for refs with optional equipment and have like different color stripes and things like that.

I am curious about what the different colored stripes are for. Given the way it was phrased, I'm assuming what you mean is like some kind of rainbow outfit for the referee. Or are you reaching for different colors for each referee, so they do not look alike? I'm not sure I understand your idea... please explain.

As for products already out there, i.e. fishing vests, photography vests, et cetera...yes these things exist and can be made to function, and can be had for less money. This same path of thought could be used about player gear vests, yet there is a HUGE market for player gear vests. Also, one having read this particular forum would know that you cannot rearrange/reconfigure those vests, as you can with, say, a MOLLE vest. Nor do they come with the capability to accomodate a hydration bladder (at least not the ones I've seen thus far). I found a photography vest that perfectly fit the catagory of "the best I could come up with", but it wasn't everything I wanted in my gear vest.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users