Special Ops Paintball: Your Tippmann Pro/Carbine and YOU! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Tippmann Pro/Carbine and YOU! Helpful tips for Pro/Carbine Upgrades Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HFH_Avenger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HFH_Avenger

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Ahhh yes! The Pro/Carbine. The illegitimate lovechild of the 68 Carbine and the Pro-Lite. All the strengths of both and few weaknesses to speak of.

Except for the crap it has for upgrades, you say?!? WRONG!
A little searching can go a long way. You have to work at it.

1.) The first, and undoubtedly most important, step that everyone should take is assesing what you need out of your precious little workhorse. The Carbby can be set up in a myriad of ways ranging from a silent and deadly-accurate rifle to even a painter worthy of any medium or even a heavy rifleman (using the right parts of course!).

2.) Once you have decided where you want to go with your baby, its time to do some research. Here is THE place to go for Pro/ Carbine info and upgrade stuffs - - - The Pro/Carbine Owner's Group

3.) Now that you have studied up on what most would call a "sidearm", you have undoubtedly uncovered one of the most frightening facts about the Pro/Carbine.....THERE'S UPGRADES! The most prominent of which, and which is also a staple of a fully-functional Carbby, is the vertical adapter (And if you think the 98 custom one will work IT WON'T!!). The adapter used for the Carbine is usually found as a Pro-Lite or 68 Carbine upgrade. This is where i found mine! - - - 68 Carbine and Pro Lite Vertical Bottle Kit

[*EDIT*]3.5) Applying this little baby is relatively simple but far from self explainatory. Look around some more for any helpful installation guides or faq's if you cant get it right.

4.) Now look at what you've done! There's a place on your carbine just aching for an xchamber or a reg, probably a regulator would be the best choice unless you're running low on fundage. Look around on your favorite sites for the upgrade of your choice here. I went with a Bob Long Torpedo regulator. Many prefer the Palmer Stabillizer ([*EDIT#3*]"A point that you might want to add in your first post is that you do not NEED a v/a to attach a regulator. A Palmers direct stab will screw into the reducer fitting that screws into your valve. Just unscrew the stock 1/8 NPT hose from the fitting and screw in the direct stab. It places it very close to the grip." -Jackson), but the Torpedo is just as effective (in my opinion) for 2/3 the cost. But, again, comparison shopping is your best friend here.

5.) Now that you have a new air system it's time to start considering the rest of your options. Drop forward or Remote? Cermic 16"er or Rifled 10" Banger? Revvy or Ricochet? There are some other fun upgrades for the Carbine that I'd like to put forward as well, though I don't have any links atm.

I have a Venturi bolt in my Carbine, helps reduce noise and is much more gas efficiant than the stock bolt.

Also there is a great selection of RVA's to be found. I went with the JCS Combat Folding Stock w/ RVA.

Speaking of which there is a great selection of butt stocks, including gas-thru models which are a more difficult and expensive find.

A requisite for most pballers is a sightrail and/or a scope. Just be sure your hopper isn't in the way of your view (You can find many elbows and angle pieces to fit your needs in that arena).

Another very popular upgrade is a new trigger and frame (usually sold sepperatly). I just loosened the infamous stock spring to lighten the trigger and cut away and filed down the bottom of the trigger well to make room for a double finger trigger shoe (Less Expensive = More Intensive).

[*EDIT#2*] Remember that any barrel that works in the A5 will work with the Pro/carbine! Same threads! Just be sure that it will fit into the Carbine's Shroud unless you have another solution in that respect (Like modding the shroud or getting a new replacement that will accomodate the other barrel)

Thats all the tips i have for you all. Hope people find this thread helpful. Please reply with questions, comments, links to upgrades....and, if you feel the urge, post your own Carbine Marker setup to give people some ideas!

This post has been edited by HFH_Avenger: 02 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

#2 User is offline   HFH_Avenger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

My Carbine Setup (In Order Of Application):

16oz. Co2
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel / 12" Rifled Armson (I carry both onto the field)
Venturi Bolt
Dye Sticky Grips
Dbl Finger Trigger Shoe (Modded Frame to accomodate)
JCS Adjustable Combat Folding Stock/RVA (Aluminum, Black)
Daisy Red Dot Sight
Revolution Hopper
Subdued Green Adjustable Canvas Sling w/ Shoulder Padding(Custom Made By Me)
Rifle Cammo, Deep Woodland Style Ghillie (Custom Made By Me)
NPS Tippmann Carbine Vertical CO2 Adapter 30degree angle (Angled forward, modded shroud to accomodate)
Bob Long Torpedo Regulator, Polished Black
Smart Parts 6000psi Pressure Gauge
APP Coiled Remote Line
+ A few body mods to reduce noise when firing (I am an ASn, ya know. We need as little sound as possible!)

This post has been edited by HFH_Avenger: 02 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

My Pro/Carbine

Specs:
16oz CO2 with butt plate
14 inch J&J Ceramic barrel
Custom wooden grips

Simple, effective, rugged, reliable.

A point that you might want to add in your first post is that you do not NEED a v/a to attach a regulator. A Palmers direct stab will screw into the reducer fitting that screws into your valve. Just unscrew the stock 1/8 NPT hose from the fitting and screw in the direct stab. It places it very close to the grip.

#4 User is offline   HFH_Avenger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

My Pro/Carbine

Specs:
16oz CO2 with butt plate
14 inch J&J Ceramic barrel
Custom wooden grips

Simple, effective, rugged, reliable.

A point that you might want to add in your first post is that you do not NEED a v/a to attach a regulator. A Palmers direct stab will screw into the reducer fitting that screws into your valve. Just unscrew the stock 1/8 NPT hose from the fitting and screw in the direct stab. It places it very close to the grip.

LOVE the wood grips! Where'd you get them? If Possible LINK IT!
And the reason I don't recommend the stabber is the proximity issue. Theres very little room in there with it so close. I'll still add it however because it does seem that some like it that way anyhow. :ghillie:

This post has been edited by HFH_Avenger: 02 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:39 AM

View PostHFH_Avenger, on Oct 2 2006, 11:02 PM, said:

LOVE the wood grips! Where'd you get them? If Possible LINK IT!
And the reason I don't recommend the stabber is the proximity issue. Theres very little room in there with it so close. I'll still add it however because it does seem that some like it that way anyhow. :D

Unfortunately, my work bench doesn't have a website. :happy: I made them myself. I'm also making more for my other guns.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users