Special Ops Paintball: How-to: Make your own grenades - Special Ops Paintball

• (39 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How-to: Make your own grenades Uses washer and cotter pin for "trigger" -- PICS!

#46 User is offline   Badmintoner 

• Peace!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

Cool, thanks.

#47 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GetToTheCHOPPA!!

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

Ok folks....I have made a quick video of the grenade going off. Best part: since my bathroom was in need of a cleaning, you get to see the effects on white walls! I kinda stepped back obvious reasons while the thing was spinning but i still got paint all over my legs and feet. SO I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY!! Cuz now the bathroom's DEFINITELY gotta be cleaned. Keep the comments and questions coming.

Click the pic to watch the video.
Posted Image

#48 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

i keep running into two problems. one is actualy getting the tubing up far enough because when i dont the paint begins to shoot out between the tubing and syringe, especialy when im clamping and refilling then trying to stuff more paint in, is there any solution to this? could i put some removeable clamp around the tubing to clamp it on the syringe. something like a ziptie but dont want to waste 3-4 zipties per nade.

secondly i have a problem when refilling the syring and actualy getting the tubing on i will accidently press down on the plunger causing the paint to shoot all over things. any solution to this problem?

thanks

#49 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Sep 28 2006, 11:11 PM, said:

i keep running into two problems. one is actualy getting the tubing up far enough because when i dont the paint begins to shoot out between the tubing and syringe, especialy when im clamping and refilling then trying to stuff more paint in, is there any solution to this? ....

Ok let me try to detail the process a little better. a good seal should be the whole way up the nozzle. the nozzle on mine was approx. 1.5 inches long, so all of that goes into the tube. Try twisting the syringe back and forth while you push the syringe up the nozzle. At this point I pinch around the tube against the nozzle, making sure to apply pressure around the nozzle and back tothe syringe.

Brace the plunger against the desired surface and plunge the paint into the tube. Clamp the opening shut making sure to leave enough room to reinsert the nozzle. Refill the syringe and make sure you get it back on there ALL THE WAY. And when you release the clamp, remember 2 things. Number one: Have the plunger braced with light pressure applied so the back pressure from the grenade doesn't shoot the plunger out of the syringe. And, Number two: Only release the clamp just enough to let the paint through. This will allow you to re-clamp quickly.

...secondly i have a problem when refilling the syring and actualy getting the tubing on i will accidently press down on the plunger causing the paint to shoot all over things. any solution to this problem?

Are you drawing the paint up from a reservoir? This is the cleanest way to fill the syringe. Once filled, only grab and work with the syringe by the plastic body. The plunger should be braced against your body or some other surface capable of holding it in.

#50 User is offline   Fanky 

• You would say that, Walk-on Player...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fanky

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:45 PM

very nice post, sure beats buying f bomb's for 5 apiece.

#51 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

View PostGet To The CHOPPA!!, on Sep 28 2006, 10:30 PM, said:

View PostDream of Nullification, on Sep 28 2006, 11:11 PM, said:

i keep running into two problems. one is actualy getting the tubing up far enough because when i dont the paint begins to shoot out between the tubing and syringe, especialy when im clamping and refilling then trying to stuff more paint in, is there any solution to this? ....

Ok let me try to detail the process a little better. a good seal should be the whole way up the nozzle. the nozzle on mine was approx. 1.5 inches long, so all of that goes into the tube. Try twisting the syringe back and forth while you push the syringe up the nozzle. At this point I pinch around the tube against the nozzle, making sure to apply pressure around the nozzle and back tothe syringe.

Brace the plunger against the desired surface and plunge the paint into the tube. Clamp the opening shut making sure to leave enough room to reinsert the nozzle. Refill the syringe and make sure you get it back on there ALL THE WAY. And when you release the clamp, remember 2 things. Number one: Have the plunger braced with light pressure applied so the back pressure from the grenade doesn't shoot the plunger out of the syringe. And, Number two: Only release the clamp just enough to let the paint through. This will allow you to re-clamp quickly.

I do push it all the way to the syringe base. but i dont have 1.5 inches of syring to push on. i barely have 1/4th of an inch lol and doesnt exactly twist. i kinda haveta pry the tubing open and let it release over the syringe.

...secondly i have a problem when refilling the syring and actualy getting the tubing on i will accidently press down on the plunger causing the paint to shoot all over things. any solution to this problem?

Are you drawing the paint up from a reservoir? This is the cleanest way to fill the syringe. Once filled, only grab and work with the syringe by the plastic body. The plunger should be braced against your body or some other surface capable of holding it in.

yes, am drawing from a reservoir but my problem isnt spilling paint its that when im trying to put the tubing back in im accidnetly pressing the plunger down trying to get the tube on and i press the plunger causing the paint to push up before i want it too. like i will brace it against my body but as im trying to push the tubing on i accidently press the body downward causing paint to shoot up and out while im trying to put it on or my breathing will force the paint out

This post has been edited by Dream of Nullification: 28 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

#52 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

Ok I think I get it. It sounds to me like you're bracing too hard. You only need to use just enough force to counteract the force of the paint already in the grenade, and you only need to exert that force while the clamp is open. If you start applying pressure before you open the clamp, you will just force paint out of the end of the tube. Remember, apply force gradually and don't use any more than absolutely necessary when plunging in paint.

On a side note can everyone see the video ok?

#53 User is offline   poor stocker 

• Allright men, time to bring in the big guns.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:poor stocker

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

works for me.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#54 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

Also, Nullification:

Make sure you are filling the syringe, then attaching it to the tube, THEN bracing it and releasing the clamp. Don't try to attach the tube while you are bracing the syringe, this is just asking for some kind of paint mess.

#55 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:12 PM

yeah. thats what im trying to do but my syringe is pretty crap but i think i got it down

oh also. found another tip. in place of the clamp. you can actualy use the pin as your clamp. fill the nade, put the washer and pin in place, refill syringe , remove pin and fill er up

edit: i think i got it, heres one i just now made. filled it up with tea lol just makin sure i got it correctly till i get better supplys. wish i had a better syringe but it works

Posted Image

what you think? i think its about 10 ounces

any idea how many times you can reuse the tubing so long as its still good?

the tubing im using is from a slingshot that tore up, hey it works. i think i can make 4 medium ones or 2 really really big ones (like 15 ounces each)

might make 2 medium and 1 boobytrap one

This post has been edited by Dream of Nullification: 28 September 2006 - 11:32 PM

#56 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

Nice job man that looks like it will throw a lot of paint :( I think you can use the tubing as long as there are no defects. You will develop your own technique to best suit your style when it comes to filling these. make sure that if the washer is pretty snug, that you pull it pretty tight against the pin so only a very little amount will be folded past the washer. You want that washer just barely hanging on. Also great tip on using the pin as the clamp, for someone without the wood clamps, that will be very useful.

#57 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:05 AM

thanks. yea till i get to town i gotta macgyver everything. im using a metal washer and a nail with the head removed as a pin. doesnt puncture it and works

tomorrow im gonna set it off see how well it works.

so the washer should be more twords the end of the tube not the top of the grenade right?

does it madder? from what i tell the grenade goes off by the washer popping off to the side...though dunno havent used one yet lol. the washer should go twords the end of the tube and the slack inbetween the nade and washer right?

edit: one more thing. when you put the ziptie on the end to seal it off. you can stick a ring or some thread into it between the ziptie to give a ring to carry it around with. i would suggest heavy duty buttion thread, this stuff can really hold while running and bouncing but a quick yank will break the string and free your nade. just put some rings on a tac vest and you can carry nades like that

or you can even loop the thread around your buttions, just be careful you dont accidently yank the buttion off your bdu (unlikly since your only breaking 1 thread with the nade but many with the buttion, but is possible)

you can also just put the thread in as your preparing them (inbetween the zip tie on the perm end, like where the pin would go on the other) but not tie them into a loop then when your ready to play tie them onto your belt loops

This post has been edited by Dream of Nullification: 29 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

#58 User is offline   paintman2151 

• COMMAND SERGENT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

hey pretty good vid, that was all over, hey if you put more paint into that little tube wont you get more pressure and get a better spray?
Check out my D-Day Scenario Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw31DMkJWl4...re=channel_page

^^^^WATCH THE VIDEO^^^^

#59 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• Yes, that is my Phantom on my back.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Schwimmy

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:11 AM

Tried it with water first and MAN do those baby's COOK. Instead of using a syringe, I used a calf bander to stretch the latex over my facet after putting in undiluted paint. I then simply turn on the cold tap and let it fill to the disired size!
Triad Infinite Scenario Squad

Sponsored by www.ANSgear.com

#60 User is offline   Uriah 

• Whats a skunk bird? Dat's a Skunk Bird
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Uriah

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

View PostSchwimmy, on Sep 29 2006, 08:11 AM, said:

Tried it with water first and MAN do those baby's COOK. Instead of using a syringe, I used a calf bander to stretch the latex over my facet after putting in undiluted paint. I then simply turn on the cold tap and let it fill to the disired size!

That's how we make our test grenades, works like a charm. The grenades we've made, though, are direct hit grenade that has a "blast radius" of maybe 2'.
Hello, I am Uriah, RCO of the SBA and Commander of The Skunk Bird Army.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose."
--Jim Elliot, leader of the men who gave their lives at the hands of those who they tried to save -- it worked.

Share this topic:

• (39 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users