Special Ops Paintball: Ghillie Or Not To Ghillie - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghillie Or Not To Ghillie Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Ghillie or not to ghillie (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Ghillie or not to ghillie

1. Ghillie (178 votes [78.07%])

Percentage of vote: 78.07%

2. Not to ghillie (50 votes [21.93%])

Percentage of vote: 21.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   sneeke 

• Too sneeke to be seen
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

GHillie!

At first neither me or my friends thought they would work for paintball until i decided to make one for fun. When i used it for the first time i got complaints on how hard it as to see me in our area so yeah... definately ghillie for me.

This post has been edited by sneeke: 19 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

Certified Guitar Shredder
9 out of 10 teens have fallen for rap, if you are one of the few to stay true to metal put this in your sig.

#62 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

ghillie's are pointless. They are only good for making you look new.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#63 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

They are nice if you don't move at all, but I prefer to flank a lot. So nay on the ghillie for I.

#64 User is offline   B.S. Rastamon 

• Da Pizza making Sniper m on
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DABENZ

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

If you know how to adapt a ghillie suit to the enrivorment putting like plant grasses, branches and hell flowers if your in to that kind of thing, then yah ghillie suits are the way to go :ghillie:
I personally use a mossy oak hunting suit with a ghillie top and a self made gun ragAttached File  photo_2.JPG (89.68K)
Number of downloads: 2Attached File  photo_3.JPG (73.27K)
Number of downloads: 1

Attached File(s)

I like cookies

#65 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:35 PM

I remember I was standing right beside a tree in my multicam BDU and my brother was with me I was like 20 feet away he looked right at me twice I swear we were making direct eye contact and he still didnt acctually see me till I laughed. I didnt have face paint or anything. So I decided well that was fun but imagine how much fun I'd have with a ghillie so I decided to make one. Nothing is funner than have your enemy stare right at you several times move on and be unsupectingly marked by you. I'd say ghillie cause it gives you that extra little saftey of not being seen.
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#66 User is offline   Chad the man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:cyberdelight

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

View PostSOLIDUS SNAKE, on May 26 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

ghillie's are pointless. They are only good for making you look new.

No way man people walk right past people with gillies.
feedback+2/-0日本人プライド

#67 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

I've had people just about walk by me in straight camo.

In fact it was a set of Propper ACU style Multicam cammies, a Tru-Spec Multicam ballcap ,a V-force mask I got from Special-Ops, black jungle boots and an Omnipat mask cover.

I've also done it with my MARPAT gear.

Can't wait to try my Ghillie.

If you want the most out of your ghillie, one thing you can do is master using your cammies right first.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#68 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

If were you live has a high humidity and rain fall, then i suggest no ghillie because they won't see you if you arn't in the wide open. Now on the other hand if you have rather little folage than i would ghillie up.

#69 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

I say No ghillie.
Its far easyer to get up and move without ghillie.
plus, just becuase your a "sniper" DOES NOT mean you have to have ghillie, a sniper without ghillie is a sabre?
I hardly think so.

If your well placed and in a nice spot, it doesnt matter weather you have ghillie or not. Unless your crouched or standing up 95% of the time people will walk right past you.

Hell if you were wearing green and you were in dead pine needles if you are laying down people can still walk right past you.

#70 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

I live in a high humidity area in the eastern part of the US. I can tell you that you can still be helped by a ghillie, cuz I pack a thermal lense goggle and lense spray on every game. The lense spray and the thermal goggles work almost everytime you just gotta use it right. I have found following the instructions on the bottle and spraying the spray on the inside lense only is the best method for me. I also like to pick one when I buy a mask that is apparently well ventilated.

Wherever you are a ghillie can help if you use it right. But it's not made for every situation. I also don't even try to use it for every situation. If I'm not on ambush and I am the aggressor I don't even think about using it.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#71 User is offline   GhillieMonstar 

• The kid with a ghillie
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

U think a ghillie is a necessity ti any sniper.

#72 User is offline   Kojote 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

I can't say yes or no to this question cause there are alot to think about to wearing a ghille. If you do then where are you going to keep your air and extra paint? If you go to a event like D-Day or one of their smaller events you don't want to be always running back for more paint. As for air we all do that at times (and we all can agree that sucks) so no getting around that. There is no place on the ghille for storage unless you wear a vest or even a backpack. Then you are taking a risk on ruining your pattern. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying NO to the ghille cause it works well on hiding you. I've been doing alot of work on figuring the great balance on this. If I had some way to make it (now listen up Spec Ops) I would make a ghille vest that with your suite you can change the camo depending on your surroundings. A vest for sniper role only. The other roles have their own great vest for their type of play. I'm going to stop it here. Just thought I would throw my two cents in.

#73 User is offline   TOPHATBOB 

• Ghillie Suit, Tophat
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TOPHATBOB

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

Just a comment on the argument against ghillies because of temp. I always sprint in by normal burlap ghillie, and even in the summer, I have never been overly hot. Because a lot of the movement is stalking, you have time to cool down. When getting a ghillie, don't let that discourage you.
the best way to score "kills" in paintball: Shoot your opponent.

#74 User is offline   FAST-FINGER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FAST-FINGER

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

i do use a ghillie because sometimes you have to move fast to get to another place. sometimes you can see someone who is come from the side because the ghillie is not blocking your vision. :ghillie:

This post has been edited by FAST-FINGER: 09 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

robert aldrich

#75 User is offline   Darcon3 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Darcon3

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

I would have to say that I agree with what alot of people have said, its based on personal choice, i like to have a head covering and a jacket that adds cover to my shoulders, also having your marker wrapped is nice, as it hides the shape of the hopper and such. I do not wear my ghillie all the time, and i have it seperated into jacket and pants so i have more flexibility. One of the best ways I have found to get your pod pack and other gear is to have your jacket a size or two larger so that you can wear it over your vest or pod pack. It works quite well for me. My suggestion is repeating what other people have said, get as good as you can without your ghillie combo, and when you have it, you will find that its easier to use it than you think.
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)

Member of the CPPA
http://www.christianpaintball.com/

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users