Special Ops Paintball: How far do you shoot people from? - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How far do you shoot people from? Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Poll: Distance of shots (397 member(s) have cast votes)

How far do you usually shoot an opponent from as a sniper?

1. 10 yds (45 votes [11.34%])

Percentage of vote: 11.34%

2. 20 yds (97 votes [24.43%])

Percentage of vote: 24.43%

3. 30 yds (130 votes [32.75%])

Percentage of vote: 32.75%

4. 40 yds (53 votes [13.35%])

Percentage of vote: 13.35%

5. 50 yds (31 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

6. 60 yds (18 votes [4.53%])

Percentage of vote: 4.53%

7. 70 or more (23 votes [5.79%])

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

Keep it sivilized!

first Id like to brag bout my shortest.

went up with a team, noticed i was hung out to dry, hid behind a bunker, 5min later theres an enemy in another bunker about 4 feet away from me. (these bunkers have holes in them for shooting through) so, realizing he doesnt see me, i raise my gun, sight him in, one shot, on the left side of his mask.

other than this rare ocasion if theyre within 20yds i try to gun em down. but im not above taking the long shot when i feel its reasonably open!

my longest was about 150 yards with my flatline barrel tuned up (made more acurate) and my sight zeroed in. 5 shots one kill! guy didnt even see me, or hear this supposedly loud tippmann 98c! then i get in a 95 second firefight and take out like a seven person squad! i felt awesome! I get up and yell "I am immortal!!!" just then some flanker nails me in the mask and i yell "why'd ya hafta go and do that! i was in a moment!" meanwhile i walk off the field with my humility duely restored.

#47 User is offline   xthrowsomepaintx 

• xthrowsomepaintx
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:teamassaultsniper

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:51 AM

about 30 yards or less but if i got em in the open and they dont come closer ill take a pot shot. i bounced one off a kid last summer at like 75 yards. i was on the bank of a pond in the cat tails and this kid walked to the edge of the woods and i let 2 fly.

:)
john
i like to paintball
IPB Image

#48 User is offline   TiemenZ 

• TiemenZ
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TiemenZ

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

as close as possible...

#49 User is offline   Hydroion 

• reality torn asunder
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hydroion

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

ive had somone come and sit next to me...although i wasnt a sniper, i was defending the outer rim of the fort and he just came up to the fence hopped into the ring and dived 2 ft to a bunker. i was literally 1.5 metres away from him, i had my back the fence.

before i shot him i decided to be a bit cocky so i said "psssst! hey mate!" he turns around and i cap him in the butt.

and if you think that was a bit harsh when i could of just barrel tagged him well i forgot to point out that this guy had been wiping the last few rounds so we werent very impressed with him. so yeah i was quite lucky.

click on my sig to see the graphics team

#50 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

I never snipe persay, but when I ambush people I will ussually wait until they are within around 20 yds before shooting. I just make sure it is a short easy shot before taking it.
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#51 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:01 AM

My question is who is shooting people at 60 and 70+ yards? Do you have any idea how far that really is? You'd be lucky if the ball would go that far, let alone hit and then break on your opponent. The poll was "how far do you USUALLY shoot."

Now my longest shot story.

Supergame XXXI (for those who don't know, it's the best game out there hands down) we were playin the DMZ and I had gotten into a low-limbed tree and was taking out guys in a small bunker on the flank of the base. After a while, one guy on a bunker further up (I'd say about 40 yds...that's 120 feet for those who don't wtf they're doin) started shooting at me. now there was no way in hell he was going to hit, but it was a little annoying. Now having the wonderful A5 with me, I switched from my 16" rifled barrel (which gives a VERY straight shot) to my flatline (which gives a longball, not-so-straight shot) and I took careful aim, hoping to just scare him. I fire one round, and it took about a half second as I watched it go down range and plunk him right in the head. OWNED. Yes, I know, it was great.

View PostSnipess, on Nov 29 2006, 06:11 PM, said:

I know my gun and its capabilities and how far it can shoot. I know how well it does in certain wind speeds and weather. Once i see the opertunity to shoot which is usually with 50- yards ill shoot...b/c if there that far away they either wont hear you or see you....that is how good of a sniper you are.

Sniping in paintball has little to do with ballistics. I say the better the sniper, the closer his shots are. Guys who can take shots at less than 10 yards and the opponents have no idea where it came from -- those are the REAL paintball snipers. BTW 50 yards is 150 feet -- the generalized "maximum shooting distance" of any paintball marker.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#52 User is offline   Mad Russian 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kovshovik

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:47 AM

my longest shot would probably be like 100ft. simply because i dont waste paint shooting far away. However the guy i shot was behind a tree. I was taking shots at him with my flatline and he was directly behind the tree. I then turned my a-5 a little to the side, and the balls started curving, BIG TIME, probably a 5-7 ft curve at 100ft, so i took like 5 shots aiming at the side of the tree hoping the curved ball would hit and i hit him twice lol.
IPB Image

#53 User is offline   Ghost_Wolf 

• Silent but Deadly.
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

In general i get within 20 feet before i open up when i'm sneaking up on someone. The closer you are, the higher your probability of a hit. Also, i don't subscribe to the O.S.O.K. theory at close range: i open up at my maximum rate of fire (think emptying a q-pod at the target by the time the realize they've been shot at) and don't stop till i hear screams. When your that close, once you fire, your cover is blown, and if you miss, your dead. I make sure i don't miss

on the other hand, when the situation favors it, i'll take the obscenely long shots that are pushing the maximum effective range of a paintball. here i find it's best to shoot as little as possible, so if you miss, they can't follow a rope of paint back to your hide. (e.x. - i ended a president game right off the break (approx 210 foot shot))

Short and sweet:

all my shots come from either damn-near barrel tag range or beyond flatline-range
--Ghost_Wolf
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#54 User is offline   100toakill 

• Designed to raise hell.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:100toakill

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

I had exactly one shot left. It was 2-2 down to 1-1 at some field behind my cousins house. We had spent the last 5 minutes exchanging fire. I was positioned on a huge dirt mound. With only iron sight, I drilled him at 45+ yards in the face.
100toakill says: HAIL TRUE METAL

#55 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

Yes dont try just one shot because you will probably miss it just cause POOPY SHIZZLE happens. I go with 3 shots unless they are super close.
A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#56 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

50, 60 and 70 yards? I call shenannigans on anyone who voted that.

Luck shots might, MIGHT occur at that range, but nothing regular.

paintballs are far too light with not nearly enough force behind them to get out that far effectively, if at all.....talk about arc, you'd have to be aiming at the stars for that one.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#57 User is offline   AntAnnunziato 

• "Emperor Penguin"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AntAnnunziato

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

I try to wait until the squad I am encountering is infront of me by about 40 feet before taking a first shot. Coming from the back gives you more time to retreat backa little, and also doesnt give your spot up.

#58 User is offline   Josh_ 

• 609-610-0901
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:O SNAP

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

Around 20-40yards
Snapper
Proud 98c owner!

#59 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:22 AM

you yanks and your imperial measurements. *digs out his Ti85 calculator* :)

I wasn't playing as a sniper but I usually hit ppl at 30-40 yards. Longest ones have been 60 yards during woodsball. Not bad considering I was using my old GT2000 with 14" twister barrel but mainly lucky shots :)

This post has been edited by Fenix: 28 January 2007 - 07:23 AM

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

#60 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:13 PM

Hey, heres the new concept to think about. If you're playing Commander, and you deploy a sniper team, and direct them to shoot, you are really shooting them from several hundred yards out! Well, indirectly, but you are! :ninja:

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users