• You cannot reply to this topic

sniper barrel Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   millencolinjames 

• look at my cool block things
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:millencolin

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

well, a couple inches of porting is always good, that'll quiet it down. also, if your paint bore matches your barrel bore, you'll be much more accurate.
there is no evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck norris allows to live.
" BEES ? Who gets killed be bees?! BOINK that, i would puch every bee in the face!!" - Dane Cook

#17 User is offline   Esgar 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowmeld

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

Well, considering that the OP seems to have ironed out his problem, i'll just throw in my 2 cents anyways. There is no such thing as a "sniper" barrel. All barrels are just that, barrels. Some are just more suitable for sniping (an example is a nice, quiet ported one over an unported one), but there is no true "sniper barrel".

This post has been edited by Esgar: 07 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Any joe with a rifle can make long shots. A true sniper is a master of stealth and concealment.
IPB Image

#18 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

a kit makes an excellent "sniper" barrel. bout the best accurate barrel you can get is a kit. aside from that the only barrel that will give more distance and feel "snipery" is the flatline or apex

#19 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

k, thanx. I wasnt just going to buy one since it said "sniper". I'm not a noob or anything.

And on a lesser note, can sum1 tell me wat pwn means?

-sweet_cheeks

#20 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

View Post912sweet_cheeks, on Sep 8 2006, 09:03 AM, said:

k, thanx. I wasnt just going to buy one since it said "sniper". I'm not a noob or anything.

And on a lesser note, can sum1 tell me wat pwn means?

-sweet_cheeks

Hehe. Take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn

#21 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

hahaha

wikipedia knows all

#22 User is offline   Pumbaa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pumbaa

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

The only real snipery thing about long barrels is you can poke them through bushes and still be behind said bush, real sneaky like. The hammerhead is super quiet downrange and others are real quiet in general.

Sniper is an attitude and a lot of practice shooting your marker so you know where the ball will hit at any useful range and a lot of practice sneakin. Good snipers are in great shape 'cause sneakin is hard work. Thats what makes me a quiet medium rifleman, the good shape part...
A5, Spec Ops: A2 Foregrip EZ Air-Thru; Dogleg Stock with custom cheekrest, NCStar 45mm Red Dot, T4 Offset Hopper, Pure Energy Remote/slide check. Palmer Brass Barrel with APEX/ Palmer adapter, 114CI4500 HPA, Broadsword vest, next the R/T and then...

#23 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

View PostPumbaa, on Sep 17 2006, 08:38 PM, said:

The only real snipery thing about long barrels is you can poke them through bushes and still be behind said bush, real sneaky like. The hammerhead is super quiet downrange and others are real quiet in general.

Sniper is an attitude and a lot of practice shooting your marker so you know where the ball will hit at any useful range and a lot of practice sneakin. Good snipers are in great shape 'cause sneakin is hard work. Thats what makes me a quiet medium rifleman, the good shape part...

If you want the quietest barrel available, Mann, here on the forum did the ultimate barrel test a while back.
Turns out, a double-vented PPS Brass barrel is the "quietest barrel known to Mann." :D

In my experience, it's also the most accurate which makes it an ideal sniper barrel. Pair it with a hyper-consistent marker, good paint and a sight and you've got a perfect setup for tagging people unaware of your existence.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users