Special Ops Paintball: Do you carry a gun around when you ref? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you carry a gun around when you ref? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Do you carry some sort of gun around when you ref? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you carry some sort of gun around when you ref?

1. Yes (14 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. No (32 votes [69.57%])

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

i've seen a ref with 2 pistol by a ankle holster and if they disobeyed the rules or something, the refs hot them out rather than yelling

#17 User is offline   Mixpaint wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

I have never seen a ref carry a gun, even in huge games. But ONCE a ref did ask a kid for his gun and shoot at someone becouse he was getting PERTURBED. Of course the ref gave back the kids gun and thanked him. Then i found out later the kid kept being a jack- so he got kicked outa the place lol.

#18 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

i personally believe that referees should not carry any loaded paintball marker on them, they are there to control the game and the people playing the game, if a referee was to jump into the game or randomly start shooting at people playing the game, then the control and order of the game has been lost or soon will be lost when someone turns and shoots back.

a referee is on the field to oversee the game, ensure that if any injur has occured the game is immediately holted and the person is taken care of.

the field i used to work for a had a policy of if any referee shot a customer, you would be fired, no questions if or buts about it, you were fired.

the only time i have carried a marker whilst refereeing, is a spare rental marker, on fields that were several acres in size and would take alot of time to run back to the quad bike with all the equipment on it to get a replacement marker. i would carry the spare marker with no hopper on it and carrying it in such a manner that it would not look threatening to any jumpy players out there. even then i would occassionly get rounds whizzing over my head.

if any referees are shooting into games or participating in the games as a player and not in offical capicity of controlling the game then they should not be refereeing. they are a liabilty.

in Australia under law we have a duty of care over any customers coming onto the field, if we involve ourselves in the game in a playing capcity and someone were to be hurt then we could be legally liable.
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#19 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Alright thanks for your opinions all.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#20 User is offline   Stencil 

• UK Pumper. You heard!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stencil

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

Carry them if the punters guns break down.

#21 User is offline   Snipergirl56m 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

Our field has all rentals so when the refs are on the field we always have one extra EMPTY gun with us. It's a real help when you need a quick marker change because of something that can't be fixed on the field. Refs are NEVER allowed to shoot at players or carry loaded guns on the field and it works out quite well.

#22 User is offline   Drizit 

• Take me to your lizard
  • PipPip
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
  • Brigade Name:Drizit

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:49 AM

I say no because most of my time spent reffing is at events like Skyball and the IAO where it is totaly against the rules, However at one big game event that I was playing we were having so meany problems with people playing on (the senario was somthing with zombies, I think most of the zombie team took that to mean it was resident evil and they could only die from headshots or somthing, not part of the rules BTW) that we started instituting "Player refs" Ref armbands were given to select (read trusted) players on each team and we were aloud to drop our marker and pull people who had been shot and were playing on. This is the only time I have held a marker and been a ref, and when preforming ref duties the marker was out of my hands
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs and shoots you at point blank range becuase you thought 20+bps made you good. Pump Gun Pimp #1812
You're never more alive then the first time some one puts a gun to your favorite head and asks you to dance.
There must have been a time
when you could have said no.

#23 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

View Postredman, on Aug 10 2006, 08:42 PM, said:

No, what would possibly be the reasoning behind them having one on them. I don't care if someone's being a "prick", there's no reason to shoot a pb marker at them. Your the ref, just kick them off the field or sit them for a game or two. And i'd say NEVER bring an airsoft gun out on the field. It's PAINTBALL, and only PAINTBALL markers should be on the field of play.

I would absolutely agree with Redman. If I saw one of my co-workers with a marker on the field, I would have him yanked. There is NO REASON for a game official to be carrying. It's not even remotely funny, either. I'd say if you're playing a field where the refs carry, find another field.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users