• You cannot reply to this topic

Smoke Grenade Safety

#46 User is offline   Pumbaa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Pumbaa

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hmm. a Fog machine ? Maybe mounted on a tank. Cheap ones here . I don;t see any battery operated ones. On most vehicle based tanks tho, not a problem with an inverter!

This post has been edited by Pumbaa: 13 April 2007 - 04:12 PM

A5, Spec Ops: A2 Foregrip EZ Air-Thru; Dogleg Stock with custom cheekrest, NCStar 45mm Red Dot, T4 Offset Hopper, Pure Energy Remote/slide check. Palmer Brass Barrel with APEX/ Palmer adapter, 114CI4500 HPA, Broadsword vest, next the R/T and then...

#47 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Who cares?

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:35 AM

Puz is right, I once tried to pick up a "Cool burn" Smoker and it was still hot enough to make me drop it and shout something profound.

#48 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

View Postobiwan, on Jul 23 2006, 11:20 AM, said:

I seen smoke nades in action and I don't think they work very good.

it totally depends on the type.
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Cool burn usually means very small flame, but still rather hot... The closest thing that burns cold is when you touch dry ice.... Cold burn.. ha.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#50 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

Fog Machine

make note of the "Adverse Effects on Respiratory Health" section there. Although, personally the fog irritates me in closed areas I suspect that in an open area it would disipate too quickly to be an irritant. By the same token I'm not sure how effective the fog would be or how it would compare to smoke.

Now, I have one of these...
Posted Image

and it works kinda like a water gun by squirting a small amount of fog solution on a little heating element to produce the fog. I could see a rather similar device used in paintball, only designed to work like a grenade. However, a special fog solution my need to be formulated to create dense "smoke" that hangs around. From my experience the smoke ring gun doesn't work very well outdoors.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#51 User is offline   Pauvis 

• Kodiak
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

Just a note for Players in Louisiana who live near the lakes. I personaly have gone off on a SAR with the Coast Guard Aux because some idiot poped off an orange smoke nade. Please note, this was in January, not a warm time to be up on a mast doing about 15 knots with a 30 knot head wind (ie cold as ever). Unfortunatly we were not able to find these guys (local law enforcement got to em before us :( ). Do note, it cost the government ALOT of cash to run cutters ans chopers. So if you do decide to use smoke nades, PLEASE DO NOT use orange. Think of the men and women who have to suffer because you wanted something that looked cool. Also, if I am correct and remember my training, that smoke can be seen around 10 or 15 miles away.

Assasin #3
Official Sniper#28

#52 User is offline   SexyHeartAttack 

• You can't wipe a welt...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:wrzesinski

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

great post and id just like to put in my two cents, if used correctly and responsibly smoke is one of the most fun elements of a game. HOWEVER if misused they can [and usually do] start fires, burn everything around it, and in some cases [im using Camo Smoke large smoke grenades for example because i have had a personal experience with them.] if you throw the large tube like grenades the propellant will fracture and the grenade will actually explode. so be carefull what you do with them and learn to respect them, they are amazing tools on the scenario field...
if you are a PROUD AMERICAN, put this in your sig
if your house was on fire and the first thing you would grab is your paintball gear, put this in your sig.
if paintball is your anti drug, put this in your sig
if your parents dont buy your gear, put this in your sig
if the only original part of your marker is the frame,put this in your sig

He Who Praises an Apex Barrel, Hasnt played with an Apex barrel

#53 User is offline   Mr. MorningWood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Friendly

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

i can see why many fields outlaw smoke grenades. at big games at liberty where i play there are a bunch of ppl with smokies and the majority of them catch fire and the ones that dont are practically gas bombs. but i still have no probs with them as long butt ppl dont throw them in brush cause the pose a serious fire hazard threat i believe

#54 User is offline   annu the terrible 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

all good info how well do inert powder based co2 propeled "smoke bombs" work in senario or like conditions saw them somewhere but do not remember where

#55 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

my team always used smoke nades that are givin on the field and when i first joined the team, they gave me like 4 of them and i went out onto the field and chucked it at nothing and i ended up hitting a sniper in a ghillie suit. nothing happened but he ran around thinking his ghillie was on fire :x
205 BrowniePoints!

#56 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

I know its probably been said, but if the grass is above 3 inches, please don't use em, I've seen too many fires.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#57 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

Heres a good idea for a smoke grenade alternative. Most of u have heard of the cherry bomb smoke grenade... The things our parents gave us in new years and fourt of july. Its safer than other grenades and much smaller, although u need some form aof lighters to start them, as long as u dont drop it on a heavilly forested area, or on a flammable chemical, u dont have much problems. This rule counts fore both the lighter and the cherry bomb. U can find them at ur local walmart or kmart. Or u can get them where I do, street vendors on the road near street lights.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#58 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

So.... How is this cherry bomb alternative safe?

You can't use it in the woods, it's an obvious fire hazard. Some places don't sell fireworks of any kind to anyone under 18 or they are completely illegal in some places. Buying a lighter? Again, most places you need to be 18.

I realize you are new to our forum but I suggest you read ALL of the forum rules and think a little harder about your next suggestion before you get a real warning or banned completely.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#59 User is offline   specop337 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

Have you guys messed with the metacafe colored smoke grenade? It's awesome...BUT...if you do not give it the proper amount of time to cool, you will have a nice model rocket engine on your hands :D. Yeah, its SOOO hard to make those and not want to play with them before they're set good.

#60 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

That's it.... 2 in a row?

8a. No topics/posts on the subjects of homemade explosive devices, flash bangs, and smoke grenades, including (but not limited to): "how to" make, "how to" use, buying, selling, and trading. Commercially available smoke devices are "OK" to discuss, however, consider that not all fields allow these, in fact, most do NOT.

Both of you now get a full warning.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users