• You cannot reply to this topic

I just Wish A discussion on new painting processes Rate Topic: -----

#106 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

BB I work in an autobosdy shop and this is how our process is done.

1 guy= sands/scuffs once he is done the car goes to another guy who masks, and then finally to the painter. If you were to do something along these lines.

2-3 guys dipping, sandblasting, 1-2 guys masking (masking is less time consuming) and 1-3 guys painting.

Obv. these numbers can be adjusted depending on the amount of work currently available. This process is actually pretty simple and with less than 10 people working in a "department" like environment you could roduce a lot more work more efficiently.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#107 User is offline   Raptor1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RAPTOR711

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

$100 Duracoat kits at houtsenterprizes.net

#108 User is offline   Rev.Travis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Not sure if its been said did want to read them all, but your market to me is guys that know there markers if the were to ship them disassembled this could save time/money and then ship it back unassembled another saving. Then the people that aren’t comfortable braking down their marker can pay for that service.

Not that you haven’t but run through all the usual suspects. Supplier prices, Bulk purchases, Material wastage, and Employee costs.

#109 User is offline   SPECIAL ÔPS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

ok so from what i understand you paint a base color then put digi shaped stickers on it and then paint the next layer? if so why not do it backwards so you paint the whole marker green then put 1 big sticker over the whole marker and spray on the second color. dont know if that will save time or anything but i thought anything helps. btw did anyone else notice the ghillie guy has a longbow? :)

#110 User is offline   bob endo 

• Nemesis
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Why not use one sticky sided paper instead of vinyl ?
(Something like "Toughback", which is basically a giant
roll of masking tape with a paper backing over the gluey side.)
If your vinyl cutter can do vinyl ... why not paper-ish stuff ?
It should be slightly cheaper.

Peanuts ... I know, but might save a little, overall.
My office is the absence of corners.

#111 User is offline   A-Tay 

• recreational player
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A-Tay

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Alright, I've come up with some ideas while reading this thread. First of all, I think that many more people would be interested/know about getting heir marker painted if there was a tab for it in your online store. its quite a hassle to go searching through forums looking for information and then emailing you, etc. it you be much more easier and streamlined if you could just enter what parts that you wanted painted, and the computer would automatically price them and send notifications to the buyer and you, notifying the buyer what to do with his parts, and telling you what was to be painted so you could know about it and double check that the pricing is fair. I think that this method, or something similar to it would attract many more prospective buyers, who never took the time to look around for a way to get their marker professionally painted.

Another idea I had was to take spec ops's current line of spandex covers for your barrels, some hoppers, and tanks, and expand upon it. you could sell many of these types of spandex covers, so that they could be removed or washed whenever. i realize that this isn't painting, but I thought that I would throw it out there. on a side note, I would like to see one of these covers for the ricochet r5 hopper.

Another thing I was thinking about was using block of rubber, like in artistic print making, to quickly apply duracoat. In my school art class, we did a project on prints with soft rubber that was carved. Then, we rolled paints onto them and pressed it firmly onto the paper. I was thinking that this could be done for the flatter parts of the marker, and use stenciling and marking to finish off the more complicated parts. This idea would be similar to an earlier idea about forming a library of molds for various parts, however, these molds would be more universal. This would save time over making a new mold for each new part. Even so, the library idea may make more sense in the long run. and if i understand correctly, you have already done it for he A5A2, so you have the means to pull it off.

just thought i should contribute my thoughts to this expansive thread. great work on all your paint jobs BB!

This post has been edited by A-Tay: 08 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

i are ballin… …paintballin

#112 User is offline   browning54213 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NFAL

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hey I was just sitting here doing my Algabra and I came across a problem where they were doing a DYI art project. And it dawned on me why couldn't you sell kits to people who don't want to people who don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I know it isn't the same but it's close. I mean you could include like a cheap applicator sprayer of somekind all the paint the stencils and somthing to either strip or ruff up all the old paint. You could also include detailed instructions from your experiences, since you don't mind sharing your talent.

Let me know what you think!

:P

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users