Special Ops Paintball: The Super "Is this a good Sniper marker?" Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Super "Is this a good Sniper marker?" Thread Rate Topic: -----

#106 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

about the a5 just never ever miss and u should be good

#107 User is offline   Rivalyn 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rivalyn

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

Just two things real quick.

You mention barrels that are good, but in several places I've read that a barrel kit doesn't really matter on an open-bolt marker (I have an Ego6). Is that the case?

Also, who was a blackcell Ion? I started back in the day with a flatline a5, loved the fact that it could crank out some shots. Went on to a Tac-one Qbow but quickly got frustrated with the extra time it took me to load the pods. (Yeah I know you can use a hopper to help fill it, but I want to run in for paint and run back out.) Anyways, now I'm using an Ego6 but considering both a new barrel or a switch to the blackcell. I can still sight in between the hopper/base of the marker but obviously it's not as good as a red sight.

Looking at the blackcell, it seems you still have to go the longbow/qbow route to get the clear railing. Is the x7 with offset hopper the only marker you can manage to get a clear railing with?

This post has been edited by Rivalyn: 23 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

#108 User is offline   The Desacrator 

• You called down the thunder. Now reap the whirlwind.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Desacrator

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

View PostRivalyn, on Dec 23 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

Just two things real quick.

You mention barrels that are good, but in several places I've read that a barrel kit doesn't really matter on an open-bolt marker (I have an Ego6). Is that the case?

Also, who was a blackcell Ion? I started back in the day with a flatline a5, loved the fact that it could crank out some shots. Went on to a Tac-one Qbow but quickly got frustrated with the extra time it took me to load the pods. (Yeah I know you can use a hopper to help fill it, but I want to run in for paint and run back out.) Anyways, now I'm using an Ego6 but considering both a new barrel or a switch to the blackcell. I can still sight in between the hopper/base of the marker but obviously it's not as good as a red sight.

Looking at the blackcell, it seems you still have to go the longbow/qbow route to get the clear railing. Is the x7 with offset hopper the only marker you can manage to get a clear railing with?

Mr series with a sight raiser and i think you should be clear. Also SP-8.

Pura Vida My Feedback +8/-0 My Sale "Pump players for the most part I mean they're kind of disturbed
individuals from what I can tell. These are the kind of people that go hunting with a spear." - Mike Philips

#109 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Great post tnacious

Tippman owners group #35

#110 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

Good post! :D

#111 User is offline   Tacojuan8706 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tacojuan8706

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

View PostNew Comander, on Aug 4 2006, 06:04 PM, said:

Does that mean the98c is a bad sniper gun or a good one. It's easily modable and maintainable but it's a blow back plus it's pretty loud.

Look after u put new internals and a better barrel. I went with the jcs powertube and bolt and a freak kit with smart parts tactical tip and its pretty quiet so it just depends on how much u want 2 put into 2 it

#112 User is offline   blister 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CHEESE MAN 911

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Does anyone now anything about the tac 9 sniper rifle

#113 User is offline   Barteh 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

View Postblister, on Aug 11 2008, 11:07 PM, said:

Does anyone now anything about the tac 9 sniper rifle

Okay, here goes.
First: The tac-9 is rather customizable. It can fit just about any position. It also is quite moddable when it comes down to visuals.
Now: the main problem.

It's mag fed. Few paintballs per, expensive mags and the stuff that comes with it. The SO mag extender helps a bit- but adds another 19$ per mag.

Apart from that? It's pretty nice. Though, pretty expensive. I'd personally go for the Tac-One with a Q-Loader. Same cost-ish, but looks more awesome in my opinion, and is better generally. Also, it can be a pain to take apart (the Tac-9) as opposed to the tac-one.

Hope I helped!

Barteh.

#114 User is offline   Blazerpaint 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Blazerpaint

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

View Postgamer, on Oct 3 2007, 02:27 AM, said:

View PostSplatter_Spartan, on Jul 17 2007, 04:05 AM, said:

I am noticing alot of people are talking about the loudness of the markers but hey cant a loud marker be an advantage
and (trying not to relate to real sniping to much) but the M24 and others are as loud as anything and can be heard from a large distance so why not get a loud marker?

Real sniper rifles are loud because they are firearms that kill people from distances of thousands of feet. I play paint ball and use a marker that can eliminate someone from 300 feet.

At 300 feet people can see you, and if they can not see you then they can certainly tell where you are shooting from the noise you make while shooting at them. Since that is the case I can not imagine any possible advantage to having a loud marker. If there is some sort of advantage please feel free to post your thoughts on the topic.

over a thousand YARDS not a thousand feet (at a thousand yards its hard to see somebody with binoculars so sound is unimportant if they are in a hide. of course that is with one of the 50s but a .223 (M16, M4, what most Police force marksmen SHOULD use) is only accurate up to bout 500-600 yards.)

#115 User is offline   cheese_6969 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POTATOHEAD

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

First off, I know this hasn't been posted on in almost a year, but its a pinned topic, so i don't care!!! Call me a "NECRO" all you want!

The best sniper marker, is one that you are comfortable with, and familiar with. This marker may shoot a tigher group than that one, That marker is quieter than this other one, and that last marker is the lightest of them all. While each and every one of these may influence you're purchase on a certain marker, really all you want is something you are comfortable using.

I remember playing with a 98 on my outlaw field, being the first to utilize a stock, got many funny looks, and "why do you have that when you have a tank?" Fact was i found it more comfortable. I personally now sport a AGD Tac-One Longbow out on the field now, and had the same thing happened. "why would you wanna use that piddly 22 round tube instead of a 200+ round hopper?" lets just say once i got comfortable and familiar with that marker, the paces of the game at my field have signifigantly slowed down. What went from a 15-20 minutes max for a CTF game, has now forced to induce a 45 minute time limit per game. (usual turnout is 25-30 people)

Now how did little old me manage to do that you ask? by picking my shots for guarenteed hits or very near misses, ranging at any range from 15 feet (i've enough respect to not shoot someone at point blank, unless they've told me they don't care. Gotta love speeballers for that i guess, lol) all the way to 100 feet. I set a string of ambushes all the way back to my flag station, causing the Opfor to slow to a crawl, while they check every bush, shadow, and building for my presence. As for the grabbing of the flag, what used to be a quick snatch and run, has now turned into a stealthy recon, then if thought to be all clear (so they think), then a grab of the flag. And at tops i may empty 2 full longbow mags just to acomplish this task per game. Even though i carry 20 - 10 rounders as well, just in case, as i've had the issue of running out trying to take someone out in the top of a tower through a 2"x2" hole from 100ft away.

As for the possibility of someone coming to 10 feet of you, it is fully possible, i've had someone miss me by 3 feet :D nearly stepping on me, later he asked me where i was the whole time, and i pointed to him where i was the entire time, and he still is amazed, but now makes sure that i'm always on his team when assigning them. While i may attempt the OSOK, i do realize that there are 2 variables that are difficult to control, myself, and the paintball. the paintball, well i'm sure we all know what the problems are with that. Myself, well that could be anything from calming myself down to not enter a firefight, (cause i have a huge disadvantage with the small "hopper") also calming myself down in order to wait for that opportune moment. Lets face it, adrenaline is a patient sniper's worst enemy. He wants everything controlled, silent, and deliberate. Getting jummpy and pulling the trigger early maybe considered a "noob" thing, but even us more experienced players catch ourselves doing it now and then.

Much like a real sniper rifle, the paintball marker is just as "deadly" as the person using it! My marker would be useless to someone who loves his double trouble A5's and wants to go guns blazing, and probably the same as a Dagger's would be in mine, since a dagger is reckless and takes the risks that i'm not willing to take, as i like to control most things possible, leaving few variables.

everything you decide on your marker is completely up to you, and what you are comfortable with, and not what other people's opinions are. Its you thats going to be using said marker, not them. Weither its stock or no stock, tank on gun or remote line, 3" stubby barrel or 21" Tactical Barrel, super loud Flatline or super quiet Stiffi, heavy A5 or light Tac-One, and last but not least, Red Dot, Iron Sights, or Scope. Its all that you feel comfortable with is what you should use. Consistancy=Accuracy, easiest way to be consistant, is to be comfortable.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users