Richotet 2KX Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cowboyup

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:26 AM

Manufacturers Description
The 2KX is the one the fastest 9 volt loader. Don't be fooled into thinking two batteries are better than one. The 2KX is 1" shorter than its big brother Apache and 3oz lighter. Perfect for front man speed ballers.

Features:

185 Ball Capacity
Adjustable O-Ring Neck
Low Battery Indicator
Spring Loaded Lid
Heavy Duty PolyCarbon Construction
99 Minute Game Timer with Memory
Audio Timer Warnings with Mute Option

Posted Image

Overview:
I bought this hopper to feed my new Trilogy Pro Autococker (awesome marker, see its review for more). It runs at around $60-$80 at most online retail stores, and runs on one 9 volt battery.

Pros:
> Speed - This marker feeds fast enough for me, and keeps up with even the fastest string of shots I fire. I have used this hopper now for 3 days of paintball (about 3500 rounds) and I have yet to break a ball do to a misfeed (just from short stroking <_< ). However, if you own a high end tourney marker, and like to shoot strings of 15 bps, this hopper may not be able to keep up (not sure as I have never shot this fast).
> Durability - Great for woodsballers, this thing is tough! Last time I played, I tried a superman speedball dive, and went headfirst into a plywood bunker. My AKX slammed into the wood hard, but was unscathed (although I did have broken balls in the hopper from the impact.
> Richotet - True to the company name, this hopper actually does deflect paintballs. The angled sides are designed just for this purpose, and I have had deflections before (although they usually bounce onto my mask).
> Looks - Mine is smoke colored, and I love the looks. I know this is personal opinion, but I felt I had to include it.

Weaknesses:
> 185 Ball Capacity - this is really no big deal unless you are a trigger-happy heavy gunner, or a backman in speedball.
> Top Loading - I still have not gotten used to loading the hopper from the top (most hoppers load more towards the back).

Conclusion:
In my opinion, this is the perfect woodsball hopper. It is insanely durable, and has a sleek, low profile. The speed is more than adequate for all but the fastest markers. I recommend this hopper to any woodsballer (or speedballer for that matter) out there that is looking for a reliable upgrade over gravity-fed hoppers. This one should last you a long time.

#2 User is offline   One eyed Jack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:One eyed Jack

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:13 PM

I just got that hopper and the propeller in mine always gets stuck on paintballs. As of right now i am not impressed by it. Does this ever happen to you? Do you know how i might be able to fix this problem?

#3 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cowboyup

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

Honestly, this has never happened to me before. There are three possible reasons I can think of as to why this happens to you.

1) The battery could be low. Mine does start to crap ut pretty quickly when the low battery inidcator comes on.

2) There may be some busted paint in the hopper. I have had a ball break in the hopper (it was cheap paint, not the hoppers fault really), and it is a mess. If this has ever happened to you before, maybe there is some left over paint shell wedged in the base of the propellar (this is kind of going out on a limb).

3) My best guess is that it is a manufacturers defect. I believe that your hopper should be under warranty, so you may want to return it to Richotet. Before doing this though, I would have someone at a pro shop take a look at it.

#4 User is offline   PAINTBALL_CHRISTOPHER 

• Alpha Recon - We fight as one, and fear none
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon07

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

i just use good ole fashion gravity hoppers to do the work dont need to worry bout batteries or weight

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users