• You cannot reply to this topic

New Egrip w/WAS board can it hang

#1 User is offline   Dusty1 

• Team Titans
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dusty1

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:22 AM

I ordered and recieved a new Egip,much to my surprise,I noticed that mine came with the WAS Board inside.After reading the instructions I started to configure it,I thought ok easy enough.I couldnt get the thing to work period no matter what I tried.I went to Wicked Air Sports site and asked their support team,which responded quick,and the instructions they gave me,I tried it with the same result.Then I go to the Tippman site support team,and they gave me the same instructions,but said if it didnt help to send it back to them and they would either fix or replace the E Grip.I gave it one last shot to get it going,and followed the instructions again to the letter this time,and got it going.Problem was when I thought I was making the setting between the Custom pro and the A5 was actually the dwell and the debounce mode.I wasnt pressing the safety on was the problem.

I went through the modes,and finally stopped in the PSP mode.Just enough fire power in this mode one could ask for,and still pull off a few single shots,which is nice.Great addition to the E GripNext week my Rampage Board will be here and it's going in another E gripped A5 I have and I'll review it after testing it out. :D
Cold Steel SL8R - Midnight Stealth SL94-
www.titanspaintball.com MVT 2009 Viper RTS Sherwood Forest

#2 User is offline   AK47 

• Communist
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AK47

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:04 AM

You'll be happier with the APE board.

I tried both and rampage is definately more trouble-free and simplistic, yet highly functional.
user posted image

#3 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:11 AM

i have the WAS board and the only time i had trouble was when it down pored at IoN but alot of people were haveing trouble with electrics that couple of hours
gunner
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#4 User is offline   v1l2u5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:04 AM

View PostGunner.30, on Aug 1 2006, 07:11 AM, said:

i have the WAS board and the only time i had trouble was when it down pored at IoN but alot of people were haveing trouble with electrics that couple of hours
gunner

I had nothing but probs w/ the was board. I'm waiting for the APE from Spec Ops.. B)

#5 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

that stinks ive never had a problem and all i think that happended was that it short curcited becuase once i put a new battery in it it worked great
gunner
ps nice gun

This post has been edited by Gunner.30: 08 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#6 User is offline   StuBeDown 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

I just bought a new A5 with the WAS e-grip and it was defective right out of the box. Tippman sent me a new one right away. The second WAS board worked great I programed the board for pull and release before I went paintballing what a pain! Then when I got to the paintball feild they made me change it to semi auto. Lets put it this way I had to use my back up gun. While I was trying to remember how to program it I did it in. This setup sucks. my cheap back-up gun is way easyer to use and program. When all is said and done I hope to be set up with a responce trigger on my A5 or an old stye E-Grip with a dip switch.

#7 User is offline   Brownies 

• ^hehe^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHILLIE SNIPER

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:19 PM

Yep, I bought the was e-grip, it's been a lot of problems. I sent it to tippmann and they said they fixed it, but I am awaiting its delivery. When it is working though it rrrrrrips in turbo mode.
IPB Image
yay! finally a sig that obeys the guidelines

#8 User is offline   Umbrella Corp. 

• Umbrella Corp. Special Ops unit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

ive been reading about everyones WAS e grips and nearly everyone says theyve had a problem. i got mine and its worked perfect since i got it. granted, i havent tried adjusting all the different modes yet, but thats because the stock modes are perfect for my playing style already. i think you guys might have just recieved defective boards. although, now that ive said that, im getting the APE board because you dont have to do the triple pull to enter a firing mode B)
Member of the SIGless union member #3. you all wish you could be cool enough to have PUZUMA take away your sig. ;)
as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest (my friend) in the valley.
$185/$450- help me get a BB paintjob

#9 User is offline   xscout 

• Texas OPFOR Team Leader
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xscout

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

I love my WAS e-gripped 98c pro.

Not one problem, and if the settings are too confusing, just print them out and keep them in your tool kit until they become second nature. Played in heavy rain, no problem.

If the APE board doesn't have three trigger pulls before activation, it is not safe.

#10 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:52 AM

View Postxscout, on Feb 6 2007, 11:58 PM, said:

If the APE board doesn't have three trigger pulls before activation, it is not safe.

Uh for tourney play it's not legal if that's what you mean.

#11 User is offline   xscout 

• Texas OPFOR Team Leader
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xscout

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

View PostMaj Tom, on Feb 7 2007, 06:52 AM, said:

Uh for tourney play it's not legal if that's what you mean.

Sorry, I should have been more precise...full auto activation on the first trigger pull is not safe.

#12 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

full auto on the first pull is perfectly as long as YOUR safe with it. after all, your the one pulling the trigger. i also have the was board and the only problems i have had is the battery cord broke once but thats my fault. other than that its worked fine. i dont like the three shot full auto. i would perfer regular full auto. i dont want to get the ape board because our captain has it and i dont want to always have to shoot 15bps. i dont need to shoot that fast, thats the ape boards lowest bps setting. i do like that the ape board is water proof though. i may go back to the original board when i find one. i want someone to make a better board

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users