• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AGD Tac One A Snipers Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   phantom/- 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:43 AM

After playing with my stock class phantom for about three years, I decided I was ready to make the jump from a high quality pump action marker to a high quality semi automatic marker.

I had started playing with a pump to make my disiplined in three areas:

-Accuracy
-Stealth
-Ammo Conservation

I played non-stop with my phantom, almost always against guys with great firepower (shockers,cockers, etc...). I got absolutely destroyed in the beginning. I would leave the field with no kills, covered with welts and paint.

I refused to give up.

I would go out on my own and practice snap shooting, running and shooting, bunkering, off hand shooting, and many other essential gun fighting skills.

Eventually, something clicked. My game play began to improve dramatically. I was shooting lots of people, often with one shot kills. I was taking on two, sometimes even three opponents at a time with my stock class marker. I even made a few stealthy moves that would make Sam Fisher jealous

I then decided that I got everything I possible could out of my phantom. I could sneak very well, was a very good shot, and used very little paint.

It was time to upgrade.
After many many hours of research, the marker of choice seemed obvious - AGD Tac One automag

The gun I was looking for had to fit this criteria:

-Consistent(equals accuracy) - a must for any scenario player in my opinion
-Quiet - VERY important for a sneaky, sniper type player
-Mechanical -Got nothing against electros' but I like to know I can go underwater with it
-Fast shooting - Just in case
-Ability to accept scope or sight - THIS JUST IN -Aiming the marker helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Light - Lugging around a heavy marker at a 24 hour scenario is not fun
-Reliable - Would you rather be playing or fixin' ?

The Tac excels in all of those categories.

It carries a hefty price tag ($450 USD) but in my opinion it is totally worth it.

My setup is such:

Tac One
Simmons 30mm Red Dot sight
CCM On/Off ASA
Revy w/x-board
Nitroduck 68/3000 nitro
16' Evil Driver Barrel

This marker is absolutely AMAZING. If you play like you have a pump(move stealthily, pick your shots) and actually have a High End Semi ( fast shooting, accurate) you will be one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

With my Red Dot properly zeroed, I can make 75 foot shots 100%
Players often comment on how they cannot hear my marker going off
When poo hits the fan, this thing can RIP!!!!!!!
It never ever chops - level 10 antichop bolt
Its decently efficient(some complain about mags' efficiency compared to the tourney markers of today, I'm not complaining)
Reliable and Solder proof - I've played in thunderstorms, fallen in swamps, covered it with sand, mud, paint - It still keeps going- and going good
Extremely simple operation - can field strip and clean in under 2 mins

Here are the factory specs on it:

The TAC-ONE was developed specifically with the scenario player in mind and its Three Rail (Military Spec Picatinny) Black Anodized Aluminum Mainbody is designed to house a wide variety of optical accessories. A fourth mounting point on the bottom of the new Wingless Tac Rail is ideal for mounting additional accessories like a flashlight or laser sight. The TAC-ONE also sports an Black Anodized All Aluminum X-Valve with a Factory Tuned LvL 10 Anti Chop Bolt, Black Micro-Switch-Ready Intelliframe with Blade Trigger and a cocker threaded two Piece J&J Aluminum Barrel.

http://www.pbreview....34&product=3039

Overall, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the tac one automag.
Its well worth the price, and you will NOT be dissapointed

- Phantom/-

Left to die
Rancid Angel of Death
Flying free

#2 User is offline   redmagik 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:redmagik

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

View Postphantom/-, on Jul 9 2006, 07:43 AM, said:

After playing with my stock class phantom for about three years, I decided I was ready to make the jump from a high quality pump action marker to a high quality semi automatic marker.

I had started playing with a pump to make my disiplined in three areas:

-Accuracy
-Stealth
-Ammo Conservation

I played non-stop with my phantom, almost always against guys with great firepower (shockers,cockers, etc...). I got absolutely destroyed in the beginning. I would leave the field with no kills, covered with welts and paint.

I refused to give up.

I would go out on my own and practice snap shooting, running and shooting, bunkering, off hand shooting, and many other essential gun fighting skills.

Eventually, something clicked. My game play began to improve dramatically. I was shooting lots of people, often with one shot kills. I was taking on two, sometimes even three opponents at a time with my stock class marker. I even made a few stealthy moves that would make Sam Fisher jealous

I then decided that I got everything I possible could out of my phantom. I could sneak very well, was a very good shot, and used very little paint.

It was time to upgrade.
After many many hours of research, the marker of choice seemed obvious - AGD Tac One automag

The gun I was looking for had to fit this criteria:

-Consistent(equals accuracy) - a must for any scenario player in my opinion
-Quiet - VERY important for a sneaky, sniper type player
-Mechanical -Got nothing against electros' but I like to know I can go underwater with it
-Fast shooting - Just in case
-Ability to accept scope or sight - THIS JUST IN -Aiming the marker helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Light - Lugging around a heavy marker at a 24 hour scenario is not fun
-Reliable - Would you rather be playing or fixin' ?

The Tac excels in all of those categories.

It carries a hefty price tag ($450 USD) but in my opinion it is totally worth it.

My setup is such:

Tac One
Simmons 30mm Red Dot sight
CCM On/Off ASA
Revy w/x-board
Nitroduck 68/3000 nitro
16' Evil Driver Barrel

This marker is absolutely AMAZING. If you play like you have a pump(move stealthily, pick your shots) and actually have a High End Semi ( fast shooting, accurate) you will be one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

With my Red Dot properly zeroed, I can make 75 foot shots 100%
Players often comment on how they cannot hear my marker going off
When poo hits the fan, this thing can RIP!!!!!!!
It never ever chops - level 10 antichop bolt
Its decently efficient(some complain about mags' efficiency compared to the tourney markers of today, I'm not complaining)
Reliable and Solder proof - I've played in thunderstorms, fallen in swamps, covered it with sand, mud, paint - It still keeps going- and going good
Extremely simple operation - can field strip and clean in under 2 mins

Here are the factory specs on it:

The TAC-ONE was developed specifically with the scenario player in mind and its Three Rail (Military Spec Picatinny) Black Anodized Aluminum Mainbody is designed to house a wide variety of optical accessories. A fourth mounting point on the bottom of the new Wingless Tac Rail is ideal for mounting additional accessories like a flashlight or laser sight. The TAC-ONE also sports an Black Anodized All Aluminum X-Valve with a Factory Tuned LvL 10 Anti Chop Bolt, Black Micro-Switch-Ready Intelliframe with Blade Trigger and a cocker threaded two Piece J&J Aluminum Barrel.

http://www.pbreview....34&product=3039

Overall, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the tac one automag.
Its well worth the price, and you will NOT be dissapointed

- Phantom/-

Phantom/
Great review. I too have a Phantom and a Tac as my main semi. Enough can't be said for the reliability and performance of these two guns. Cudos and great job.
RedMagik

#3 User is offline   Gold_Eagle 

• Nice Guy, Evil Job
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gold_Eagle

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

Wow...another reason for me to get a Tac-One soon ;)

Would you recommend trying pump, or not? I've played Semi all my life, but my accuracy's slipping.

-GE

#4 User is offline   mustardgass 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:22 AM

Right now I have an A-5 with a freak. I've been playing with that for about a year and have decided that I want something different in the near future. However I am torn between the phantom, or the Tac One. I've held a phantom before and the pump felt a little sticky. Since you guys have had phantoms, and Tac ones, what do you think?

Thanks
John
It's just what I do when I can't get no lovin'
IPB Image
Custom sig courtosy of Silent-7

#5 User is offline   phantom/- 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

If you are looking for a new paintball experience, go with the phantom. It takes a totally different method of playing to win and survive using a pump. You can pick up a used phantom for a pretty decent price. Dont worry about upps, their awesome guns stock.

The pump stroke is a little stiff at first, but as you play more and more it will break in and become smoother. You could even remove the pump arm spring to lighten it up super good.

Left to die
Rancid Angel of Death
Flying free

#6 User is offline   (Drty)Sanchez 

• Caveo of insolitus cattus
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:(Drty)Sanchez

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Love my pumps and TAC ONE so much I just turned my tac one longbow hybrid into a PUMP.
Custom built by BRAD at Q Concepts

Its awesome...all the reliabilty of Automag tac one and a pump too.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   MAWeiny 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MAWeiny

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

View Post(Drty)Sanchez, on Jul 9 2006, 08:47 PM, said:

Love my pumps and TAC ONE so much I just turned my tac one longbow hybrid into a PUMP.

That is CRAZY! Can you put up a picture please... I wanna see this monster.
IPB Image

#8 User is offline   s1t1e1a1l1t1h1y1one 

• s1t1e1a11t1h1y1one
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sirsnipesalot

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

^^^^^^^^^^me too!!! a pump tac? woa. pics! pics!! pics!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

ive got a golden ticket. its not that cool.

#9 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:27 AM

Why anyone would turn one of the fastst and greatest mechanical markers of all time into a pump is totally beyond me. What is one single reason that makes this a good idea? Its rediculous. You actually paid money to make a quality semi a pump? Why?!

You mention reliability... but the Tac One and Automags in general are insanely reliable! I would go so far to say they are the worlds most reliable high-end mechanical markers. The level 10 simply does not allows for chops.

I use an AGD automag, which is what the Tac one is... but with a few more ups. Automags in general are amazing. A class of their own. The only marker better than a TAC ONE in my opinion is the E-TAC, but if one were to prefer the mechanicals then the Tac would still remain king.

Excellent review on the Tac One Phantom.

This post has been edited by gamer: 28 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#10 User is offline   Monnster13 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monnster13

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

Nice review man! The only problem that I have with it is...that it makes me want one even more, but there is no way that I can afford one with a baby on the way. :angry: Hopefully someday I will be able to afford one.

#11 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:50 AM

wow man i didn't even realize that was a tac one you were playing with the other day.... But as someone who was gunned down by that thing quite efficiently, its definitely quiet as hell.

He got me when i was halfway blocked by an improvised bunker (a truck's undershield that was left in the woods) from what had to be over 100 ft away, with his first two shots. No walking in, just two shots and two hits off my left shoulder. Really PERTURBED me off too cuz I had just laid down at least 30 rounds trying to get through the vegetation he was taking cover behind.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#12 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

View Postgamer, on Jul 28 2006, 12:27 AM, said:

Why anyone would turn one of the fastst and greatest mechanical markers of all time into a pump is totally beyond me. What is one single reason that makes this a good idea? Its rediculous. You actually paid money to make a quality semi a pump? Why?!

You mention reliability... but the Tac One and Automags in general are insanely reliable! I would go so far to say they are the worlds most reliable high-end mechanical markers. The level 10 simply does not allows for chops.

I use an AGD automag, which is what the Tac one is... but with a few more ups. Automags in general are amazing. A class of their own. The only marker better than a TAC ONE in my opinion is the E-TAC, but if one were to prefer the mechanicals then the Tac would still remain king.

Excellent review on the Tac One Phantom.

I think the thing with pumps is you either see the beauty of one or you don't. I think you just don't see the whole pump thing. The simplicity it self is beauty all on its own. Less moving parts means less breaking. Honestly, its hard to explain why pumpers like tro pump. Its just a whole new feeling. The adrenaline rush is doubled and you just feel invincible after getting a kill with a pump. There's just so much beauty and grace in playing pump.

#13 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

Dude. Those reasons suck. Less moving parts? Try MORE moving parts! On an Automag it requires more parts that move and WAY more effort to make your marker a pump... and why? And its not a "whole new feeling". Its a trip down memory lane. All markers used to be pumps. Beauty and grace rarley factor into my paintball game, just fun.

I played pump for years before I could get a semi when I was young. I cut my teeth on pumps and when I started using that semi I never looked back. Stock class is great, but I would not be caught dead using a pump in a game I intent to win, just like any pro player in the world. It is not doing myself or my team any justice going shoot, pump, shoot, pump. But, to each their own. If you think turning one of the worlds highest quality semi automatic paintball markers into a pump action marker is a good idea, then all the power to you. I think its retarded.

This post has been edited by gamer: 12 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#14 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

That's teh thing I'm talking about. You don't get that feeling when you're using a pump, so you don't understand. Ask anyone who loves playing pump more than semi and they will know what I'm talking about. Its hard to explain.

#15 User is offline   phantom/- 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

You don't get that feeling when you're using a pump, so you don't understand.

What the heck are you talking about?
I play pump when im bored or want a hard challenge.

Left to die
Rancid Angel of Death
Flying free

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users