Special Ops Paintball: Paintball Retailer: Paintball Adrenaline - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball Retailer: Paintball Adrenaline Beware! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:07 AM

This retailer, Paintball Adrenaline (www.paintballadrenaline.com) looks legit, with a very professionally built website and an apparent brick and mortar store. However, I have had some very serious problems with them on my very first order. As such, I am warning you to NOT place orders with them under any circumstances.

On 6/20/06, I placed an order with them for a Lapco Snapshot kit in Autococker threads. The website showed over 20 units in stock. Shipping was via UPS Ground. The order "processed" the same day (read: it was charged to my credit card), but I did not receive a tracking number or shipment notification. At this point, it has been nearly 2 weeks, and I have not received a tracking number or the item. It is worth noting that UPS Ground shipping from that part of the country takes only 3-4 days, so if they shipped it, it would have come in long ago. My first attempt to contact them resulted only in a message that they would send me a tracking number immediately. I never received any. My second and third attempts at contacting them have met with NO response whatsoever. I am now attempting to cancel my order with them, under threat of legal action. This is the absolute worst interaction I have ever had with any online retailer, of any kind. It is quite obvious that they are not acting in good faith, as they otherwise would not have charged my credit card until right before they shipped it.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   c_riley5169 

• Hi my name is Cam, and I'm a Lounge-aholic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CAM51

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

thanks for the tip....that stuff usually happens to me...

#3 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

Sounds like airsplat.com.......thanks for the warning wolfie....
:)

#4 User is offline   Green Sabre 

• Kearnage
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Green Sabre

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

I think there should be a sticky or something with a list of all scamming websites that sell paintball stuff.

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

They finally messaged me (after I filed a fraud report on them) with a hostile message to inform me that apparently they were "shipping it to their store from another warehouse so they could send it." I believe that about as much as I believe that they have Florida Everglades land to sell. After all, that would have imposed a 3 or 4 day delay, at most. NOT 2 weeks. That doesn't really count as "In stock", now, does it? That's like Walmart telling you they have something in stock at their store, when it's really at their main distribution warehouse 3 states away and won't arrive for 3 weeks. They also claimed that filing a fraud report violated the user agreement and threatened to charge me $30 if VISA freezes the charge. I told them I'd cancel the dispute if they canceled my order. I want that $200 charge OFF my credit card.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 03 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#6 User is offline   Snake556 

• MTS: Delta co-founder. Commander and Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snake556

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

Wow, that sucks man. I hope everything works out for you. Thanks for the warning on them too.
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE
Over sized image

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Update: Capital One has gotten all my money back, and I didn't have to deal with any more paperwork other than the online form. The dispute cleared before the billing period became due, so I don't have to deal with it when I pay my bill. They reportedly force charged the merchant for the amount, which sounds to me as if the merchant did not return the money willingly. This certainly makes up for the customer service trouble I had with Capital One before.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 22 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

#8 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

Woa thanks for the tip I'll avoid them because I'm always looking for cheaper places.

#9 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

thanx for the heads up

#10 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 22 2006, 09:28 PM, said:

They reportedly force charged the merchant for the amount, which sounds to me as if the merchant did not return the money willingly. This certainly makes up for the customer service trouble I had with Capital One before.

I think that means they sent out those hordes of barbarians we always see on TV to persuade these thieves to give you your money back! At least, its a nice thought to think of some guy getting a ball and chain upside the head while he madly tries to process your refund!

Oops, was that glorification of violence? :(

Can you identify which state they do business out of? Most states, mine included, have a branch of law enforcement that deals with price gougers, thieves, and other unscrupulous merchants.

arclight642
IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#11 User is offline   Siesatia 

• Watch out, I bite
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Siesatia

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

And did you notice that their Store/Customer policy page is Conveniently down? Note to self, bad site. Thanks.
IPB Image

#12 User is offline   Dublin 

• Orange boxes?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dublin

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the advice man.

#13 User is offline   Aftershock 

• Paintball gets you all the girls man! Ha...right
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rippingdoghead

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

Wow that sucks never happened to me though thanks for the advice.
Owner of an AWESOME Epiphany!!!
(with SP 360 QEV,Virtue board, and Tech T L7 Bolt!)
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and die.
- "I want to die peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
- 8% of Potatoes think that Iranian Tigers are in the process of flying a plane, if you're one of the -8% that think trees can breath underwater put this in you're sig.

#14 User is offline   Faulty Logic 

• Hand Crafted
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

I was on there site during the summer, and wanted to order some stuff from there but decided not too. I just had that bad feeling.

Lucky for me I am good buddies with my local paintball store, and they order everything for you. Happy I don't run into these problems.

Lock N' Load!

#15 User is offline   NYRIFLEMAN 

• BANG! your dead
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DEADEYESPIKE

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

thanks for the warning. But if you wanna know a good site for paintball gear its www.actvil.com that is where i get my stuff and i have not had any problems with them, neither has any of my friends. Great place, and a pretty good variety of items.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users