• You cannot reply to this topic

My views on the Q Loader let "er" RIP Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dusty1 

• Team Titans
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dusty1

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:21 AM

I just q loaded my e/bladed cocker.after trying out an egg,I had to go another direction.I have enough battery operated gadgets for my paintball thirst,so why not try this helical spring loader.I was impressed with the ease of instalation of the q loader.(heck even I did it)After reading the setup instructions 2 times,I decided it was time for tunning it,and seeing what it could do.I feel I got a steal on this from the Specialops store,as this thing will flat out RIP.On my Vengence,I mounted it under the barrel on the vertical regulator.This even seamed to help out with the balance on my Vengence.If I had it to do all over again,I'd invest the money in the 500 round system,as I can see long ropes of paint in the near future.

I've heard from others that getting a tune is a big pain,but I didnt have any problems with mine.Now after doing this upgrade,I'm ordering a airthrough T2W stock,and you have a qbow.Plans in the near future in milling down the reciever of one of my A5's to adapt the q-loader.I saw this done on the q loader web site,and since I'm a machinest,this should be no problem doing.I'll write a review on that project when completed.Qloader,a good investment,a simple design that works,and dosent come with batteries,it's spring loaded. :(
Cold Steel SL8R - Midnight Stealth SL94-
www.titanspaintball.com MVT 2009 Viper RTS Sherwood Forest

#2 User is offline   jakethesnake741 

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr_incredible

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:45 AM

The q-loader is great..both for the looks you get when using it and as a great piece of gear. One thing I would like to recomend if you haven't actually used it on your marker...watch out for when you accidentally chop one on the loading socket thing. I accidentally did my first day out (I forget if I was taking a pod off or putting one one) either way if you do make sure to clean the shell out. I had a few problems with it jamming but once the shell was out it worked like a dream the rest of the day.
Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

#3 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

A very nice loader, saves money in batteries and is the fastest loader on the market. The only problem is the last few paintballs that aren't fed into the gun when you have used up a loader.

#4 User is offline   aoshea 

• Every day above ground is a good day
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AOSHEA

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

Say you had a Q-loader on a gun with a remote line. Wouldn't it feel really off balance because all the weight is under the barrel.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!
98% of the people on this forum will say that tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees that tippmann pwns all put this in your sig
IPB Image
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   tubbs 

• Self-Banned Member #1
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEADLY SPIRIT

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

you dont have to put it under the barrel....you can put it basically anywhere with the CMS(custom mounting system) so that you can balance out the gun :blink:

#6 User is offline   jakethesnake741 

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr_incredible

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

It may seem a bit off balance, right now I have an Ion and I use a 68/4500 fiber wraped tank and it balances right around the grip with a full Q-Pod, so depending on if you had a stock and how much it weighs it could make it front heavy if under the barrel.
Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

#7 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, I put mine under the ASA. It balances with air on gun perfectly, though I think it would be perfectly balanced there with a stock as well. Have had problems with reloading however, but nothing too major. Just remember that you can mount it almost anywhere on your gun, so finding a place that balances well shouldn't be too hard, because you can mount it almost anywhere, one of the parts I really like about the qloader.

This post has been edited by Pneumaniac227: 05 July 2006 - 05:23 PM

Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#8 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have had an unfortunate experience with my Q-Loader so far, hate to rain on the parade.

Due to mounting difficulties with my Mini Mag, it's been 2 weeks of tuning, but now I've finally got it working. But, it only works for about 10 minutes. It's really freaking hot here, and after about 15 minutes of the heat, the balls become a little squishy, nothing you'd notice in a hopper, but just enough that the Q-loader is constantly jamming up and thus rendering it useless. I've tried different paint, and I've tried mounting it differently, but basically my Q-loader ceases to function if you try to play with it. I still have hope, and I may try to keep my balls in the cooler from now on, but I'm kind of depressed about how cool it should be but isn't.

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#9 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

View PostGobo Fongo, on Jul 1 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

I have had an unfortunate experience with my Q-Loader so far, hate to rain on the parade.

Due to mounting difficulties with my Mini Mag, it's been 2 weeks of tuning, but now I've finally got it working. But, it only works for about 10 minutes. It's really freaking hot here, and after about 15 minutes of the heat, the balls become a little squishy, nothing you'd notice in a hopper, but just enough that the Q-loader is constantly jamming up and thus rendering it useless. I've tried different paint, and I've tried mounting it differently, but basically my Q-loader ceases to function if you try to play with it. I still have hope, and I may try to keep my balls in the cooler from now on, but I'm kind of depressed about how cool it should be but isn't.

Instead of just "dealing" with it. Call Qloader and seek their advice. They very well may have an answer for you.

#10 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

I actually talked to the owner of Q-Loader at length, and they messed with my gun at D-Day. But in the end all I got was: use the most expensive paintballs you can find, and then don't let them get hot.

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#11 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

I expected that would be a problem. I just think of how in really hot weather the spring in my zeus magazine squishes the paintballs. Times that by 100 and you got 100 balls that have two flat sides.

ALthough since we get very few blistering hot days around here I am looking into one to mount under either a JCS XKM-8 or a SIM-4 when I get one later this fall
SO I guess I am willing to take the chance to have such a low profiled gun.
BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#12 User is offline   Josiah 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

i think there cool just wish they held more rounds
Im The Dagger Your Commander Warned You About

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY.

Gun Control is Aiming,Pulling The Trigger,and Hitting The Intended Target

#13 User is offline   Riot_Up 

• It's that guy... with the face!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Riot_up

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

I've mounted my qloader under the barrel of my ariakon sim 4, it does slightly off balance the gun becouse i use a remote line, but not enough that it realy makes a difference

Posted Image

Some people say paintball is lame, some people are idiots.
My Youtube Account check out my reviews and me in action.

#14 User is offline   Fatt Mann 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Fatt Mann

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

So ok.. Im looking at maybe getting a QLoader from SOpaintball.. and I have a couple of Spider Imagines.. one being a digital LED and the other a 2004 model.. planning on mounting a Qloader on my digital LED.. what do you guys think about that? Ive had some negative and some positive remarks from friends around here that play kind of heavily.. just want some other feedback from someone with maybe some better knowledge on the the whole QLoader setup.. if i can get some help that would really make my day.. :blink:

#15 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• Yes, that is my Phantom on my back.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Schwimmy

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:34 PM

/me snickers at the people who need to buy a kit or do fancy machining to get the Q loader on their A-5

Posted Image
Triad Infinite Scenario Squad

Sponsored by www.ANSgear.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users