• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheap paintballs Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Badmintoner 

• Peace!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:50 AM

Cheap paintballs are awesome. They also provide for a story, and some review-ish thing.

A while back, there was a sale at this store in southern CA (Paintball Gateway? I don't remember) that had this incredible sale going on. Of course, some of the various items for sale were paintballs. So, seeing my opportunity to make the best of my money I bought 2 cases of this paint called Shrapnel for $10 a case each and a case of Ultra Evil for $35. As far as I knew, this was the best deal around, because how can you go wrong with 4000 rounds of crap for $20? And the Ultra Evil usually cost more.

Okay, so, actually the $10 paint wasn't really one of those 'you get what you pay for' things. Because when it's this cheap, it doesn't really matter when half of them suck. And, they weren't the worst I've seen. After I took them out of the box and removed them from they're stylish single-bag container, I was surprised to see that they were All Star paintballs. In brick form. Yay! So, these required careful separation, selection, and cleaning (maybe because, as I'm told, I'm partially OCD inflicted- yes, I cleaned every ball I used) but I was finally satisfied and brought them along with the Ultra Evil to the field.

I decided that the best strategy with these, due to their, um, different bore sizes, was to fire as many as possible. That actually worked. Since some of these are hard, they push their way through bamboo quite easily. Some of them don't break because of this, but that's not too much of a problem (actually somewhat helpful) when you're not picking your shots but rather firing madly through plants. A few of them also manage to make comedic flights into random areas due to their misshapen bodies. Since I had sheer volume on my side, I was quite proud of myself that I had purchased these otherwise neglected paintballs. The Ultra Evil, on the other hand, was simply amazing, so I only used some of it and saved the rest for future games.

So, the moral of the story is, when you find paintballs at dirt cheap prices, you have to buy them. Sure, you may have to fire more than you'd like, but that's fun when you have all-day air. What's the worst that can happen, a gun full of crap because you accidently missed a turd ball when you made your careful selection? Probably.
$10 dollar paintballs = A
$35 Ultra Evil = A+

This post has been edited by Badmintoner: 04 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users