Special Ops Paintball: Moving into a sniping position - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moving into a sniping position How to do it, where to do it, and when to do it. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Moving into a sniping position (591 member(s) have cast votes)

When during a game would you move into your sniping position?

1. As soon as the game starts (161 votes [27.24%])

Percentage of vote: 27.24%

2. After your team has moved in (70 votes [11.84%])

Percentage of vote: 11.84%

3. When your the last player on your team (8 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

4. As quickly as possible, before the other team was in hearing distance. (352 votes [59.56%])

Percentage of vote: 59.56%

In what position would you snipe in?

1. Standing (4 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

2. Crouching (123 votes [20.81%])

Percentage of vote: 20.81%

3. Proning (442 votes [74.79%])

Percentage of vote: 74.79%

4. Sitting (22 votes [3.72%])

Percentage of vote: 3.72%

When would you take your shot?

1. When the enemy becomes visible (16 votes [2.71%])

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

2. When the enemy is right infront of you (63 votes [10.66%])

Percentage of vote: 10.66%

3. When the enemy has his back to you (413 votes [69.88%])

Percentage of vote: 69.88%

4. Wait longer, there are more players out there (99 votes [16.75%])

Percentage of vote: 16.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   TheDarkRacer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Mechanic

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

hehe nvm i got it now.. i googled it haha... i love that site.. but yea prone, as quick as possible with out letting the other team knowing im going into a hiding spot...

This post has been edited by TheDarkRacer: 16 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

#17 User is offline   herrozerro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Herrozerro

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

the problem with out field is that almost everyone knows it well... so my only hope most of the time is just making a break from the start not caring if they see me moving along the sideline and all the way into the forest behind them ... they never watch the side... hehe...

then its just a matter of maknig my way close enough to take shots or report positions.

I usually take my shots in a crouch, maybe prone... but at out field the area is full of little hills that one can either stand behind with great coverage or chouch a bit on top of with still great coverage. and since im usially right in their backyard i like to be able to fall back after the confusion and find another spot to come in.

I usually take shots from behind if there are no other players within a reasonable distance

#18 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

Read the sniper tactics that Special Ops provides it will help you.

#19 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

to me the most sensible thing to do would be to 1. get to your spot(predetermined by examining the field beforehand) as fast as you can and 2. get prone. you should ideally fire at them from behind since they cant see you and have a hard time of telling where the shot came from(other than behind them of course). One mistake i see almost every person make after taking someone out is that they need to move to a new spot. Its basically common sense but it seems to me that not everyone knows this... Once youve taken out the people that went by, whether you were seen or not, most likely people arent going to come that way again. So you need to move upfield and find a new spot(also predetermined as well as spots behind you to fall-back on) to re-engage new enemies. This may not be applicable in all situations but it should be a general guideline. Also overlooked is the predetermined spots. People should always look for good shooting lanes, dark places, good camo, a place to escape if overwhelmed, and a place further up to press onward should you succeed in your area on the field.
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#20 User is offline   Dublin 

• Orange boxes?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dublin

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Short and Sweet, thats my motto.

#21 Guest_LONGBOW_*

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:36 PM

Not everything is short and sweet though. Moving into my sniper position could take a while I never really know unless I get a good hour on the playing field.

#22 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Guess I qualify since I hit the highest percent on each question..........

#23 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

you have to get into the position before anyone else, because if you just take ur time then you will get lit up while moving into position (if you still want to be at mid field or farther)

I try to be prone most of the time but I've taken shots crouching and standing. but prone makes it the most accurate and it's alot safer. I tend to miss more when standing and crouching.

If there is only one person I shoot them before they know whats goin on. but if there is a group I wait till they can't defend themselves.

#24 User is offline   NEKK 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Not affiliated with any Brigade

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

I figure I'm much more useful to my team playing as part of it. If I'm playing rec ball elimination, and I'm all that's left it's time to go stealthy and pick my shots carefully. I'll only do the same if either I'm playing with a bunch of tards who don't know how to use teamwork and I want to shoot somebody and not have to babysit, or somebody asks me to go be a pain in the other team's rear. Since in that case I'm protecting my TEAM I'm not overly concerned with eliminating them. I'm holding them by the nose while they kick them in the rear. Harssing them is the way to go. Shoot and scoot, fire from behind a ridge or something so I can quickly evade return fire. If they're sniperphobic newbies and I think i have a chance, I'll go for eliminations from concealment. Since they are normally selfish and want to avoid getting hit more than win, it usually slows them down if it doesn't get them to panic or dump paint at everything. Those are probably the only cases I attempt to "snipe"
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   Cravex 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PUMP-GUN-JOE

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:12 AM

I typically move into position as soon as possible and as the rest of my team moves. I do a lot of stalking ambushes so I usually shoot from a prone or crouching position. If I shoot, I also usually try to take the opposition when they're not looking. This will allow for follow up shots on other targets, and possibly prevent you from having to relocate.

That said, I found the choices of answers pretty limiting and narrow in scope. A good sniper is going to use whatever works for the given situation. I find myself doing almost all of the choices at different times. To say that one choice is better than the others or defines what a sniper is by the answer is rather shortsighted.

jmho
Joe
Paintball = Integrity , Honesty, Teamwork, Communication, Leadership

Pump-Gun-Joe
CO Adrenaline Rush

#26 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

I love going proning, its almost as much fun as, well other stuff.

Usually it depends on what kind of terrain is in the way, most often crouching or prone (a.k.a proning.) I usually try to move from one spot to the next and try to ensure that each spot provides a good spot for me to observe and fire from.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#27 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:10 PM

When I snipe I usually go lone wolf style, after my team has moved in a little. The yes the best position, unless I'm already high up would be prone, otherwise crouching. I like to attack in front of my enemy, it scares the crap outta 'em, cuz they don't know where it came from. Otherwise I'll just shoot when they are in range enuff to hit 'em good, from any direction.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#28 User is offline   deathgiver 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:deathgiver

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

i find it best to just wait for the shot instead of developing a specific order of events, as a player you need to know when you have the right shot, and this skill will come with time
some people are alive only because its illegal to kill them
you can run, but you'll get shot tired
IPB Image

#29 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

i usually wait a few seconds to at most 1 minuet to move in to a good spot were i know will provide good cover, and help my team (why pic a spot were im no use?) and shoot when the time is right and they wont know when im there O YEA and pron all the way...mabey sitting but prone 99% of the time

- :D thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#30 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:13 PM

just glanced thru quick and didn't see it. But whe I move out, I try to make sure I set up where no one can get behind me if possible. This usually is the out of bounds area, ponds, rivers, cliffs....... but also can be a wide open in play area where no one can walk easily without being a prime target.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users