Special Ops Paintball: Sniper marker debate - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper marker debate I can't decide!! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which should I use? (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get the Tippman Custom Pro, or the Special Ops Q-Bow?

  1. Tippman Custom Pro (58 votes [17.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.11%

  2. Special Ops Q-Bow (281 votes [82.89%])

    Percentage of vote: 82.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

  • Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,824
  • Joined: 24-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hendersonville, NC.
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

View Postsuper_stalker, on Nov 5 2007, 10:53 AM, said:

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 17 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

So just because it costs more means it is generally better? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I have seen more mags break down and have to be repaired than tippmanns.

I have shot a mag and I hated it. An autococker is cheaper than a mag but it is a better marker.

If you have to practically baby a marker, compared to an occasional cleaning than it is not a superior marker.


You have to be a BOINKing retard not to be able to take care of a mag... let alone break one. Trust me I've been there, I've broken at least 4 mag valves all of which I got working within 10 min. After which I have never had a problem with any of those valves.

Sure cockers are cheaper, but their not better markers. They are equal performers.


Am I the only one that caught that. Only a retard could break one, yet you broke 4 of the valves. I will admit I have only owned one mag and never shot it. Sold it a week after I bought it. But i do know alot of players who have had mags and always had some problem out of them. The tac one could be different. Still makes me hesitant in getting one. The one I shot didnt shoot good at all. Could be the setup he had who knows (automag rt). I havent seen a quiet one yet either. The minimag a buddy of mine has (but he doesnt play anymore) isnt that quiet with his dye barrel on there.

Cockers are a different story. I timed mine and never had to retime them or anything. Never had problems and all of them was quieter than the automag I bought off my buddy.

Tippmans...not as quiet, but are more reliable. One of the toughest markers out there. Definitely cheaper and just as good as the tacone.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback
0

#62 User is offline   Lomarandil 

  • SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,181
  • Joined: 18-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pueblo / Golden, CO
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

Matter of semantics there, JJF.... He has not seriously broken a mag, what he's talking about is having to change an oring.... hence the short repair time..

Don't be hasty!
Lo

0

#63 User is offline   Piller 

  • Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Within range
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

Out of the box, most mags tend to be a little quieter than Autocockers. However, some can get their Autocockers running at extremely low pressures and get them whisper silent. It really depends on how your cocker is setup.

In my experience, mags are the most reliable marker out there. There's literally no parts to break. The only moving part is the front bolt. Everything in a classic valve is drilled out of stainless steel. Then they are sealed air tight in a stainless steel body. The only thing that can go wrong is if you blow an o-ring. Which in itself is an easy fix. They've had that reputation since they came out and have held it all through the 90s.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."
0

#64 User is offline   super_stalker 

  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: 21-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ephrata, WA

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Jan 1 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

View Postsuper_stalker, on Nov 5 2007, 10:53 AM, said:

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 17 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

So just because it costs more means it is generally better? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I have seen more mags break down and have to be repaired than tippmanns.

I have shot a mag and I hated it. An autococker is cheaper than a mag but it is a better marker.

If you have to practically baby a marker, compared to an occasional cleaning than it is not a superior marker.


You have to be a BOINKing retard not to be able to take care of a mag... let alone break one. Trust me I've been there, I've broken at least 4 mag valves all of which I got working within 10 min. After which I have never had a problem with any of those valves.

Sure cockers are cheaper, but their not better markers. They are equal performers.


Am I the only one that caught that. Only a retard could break one, yet you broke 4 of the valves. I will admit I have only owned one mag and never shot it. Sold it a week after I bought it. But i do know alot of players who have had mags and always had some problem out of them. The tac one could be different. Still makes me hesitant in getting one. The one I shot didnt shoot good at all. Could be the setup he had who knows (automag rt). I havent seen a quiet one yet either. The minimag a buddy of mine has (but he doesnt play anymore) isnt that quiet with his dye barrel on there.

Cockers are a different story. I timed mine and never had to retime them or anything. Never had problems and all of them was quieter than the automag I bought off my buddy.

Tippmans...not as quiet, but are more reliable. One of the toughest markers out there. Definitely cheaper and just as good as the tacone.

lol nice catch. But it's the truth, The first one, I gassed just the valve up and I lost the O-rings in the on/off assembaly. The second one I lost the O-rings again(I don't learn very well). The 3rd(X-valve this time) wasen't working cus I was using a LP tank on it, just needed some lvlx adjustment. and I don't remember what happened to the fourth.

The people who are having trouble with their mags need to learn how to set their level ten and adjust their regulator right. Just like a cocker, a perfectly set automag will shoot like a dream. But unlike a cocker if somthing goes wrong on a mag it's only a ten min fix at worst.

Not gonna lie, mags are loud, but quieter than tippmanns.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.
0

#65 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

When I shot my mag at the field...standing behind it while I shoot it sounds loud.

Players around me always comment and look in amazement at how quite it shoots. Plus how straight and far it shoots.

I own two Tac Cockers, a Tac One, and an A5 (plus 5-6 other markers)...want to know which one I grab when I want accuracy and dependability for the game. My Tac One...the thing still amazes me!

I actually like my cockers a lot too, but want to sell them and the A5 and use that money for another Tac One or Emag!!!

B)
0

#66 User is offline   Master Cheif 

  • Topher
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 24-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Brigade Name:Master Che1f

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.
0

#67 User is offline   super_stalker 

  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: 21-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ephrata, WA

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

View PostMaster Cheif, on Jan 4 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.


buy the mag and you don't have to do bubcus to go from speedball to woodsball or any postion for that matter. No offence but putting a milsim body kit on a tippmann does not make it any better suited for anything.

How is a paintball leaving a 21 inch barrel at 280 feet per second going to go less further than a paintball leaving a barrel of a 14 inch barrel at 280 feet per second? Haaving a longer barrel may make your gun a tiny bit less effecint but the amount is not going to be noticeable.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.
0

#68 User is offline   Pizzaluvr 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 16-August 07
  • Brigade Name:Pizzaluvr

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

View Postsuper_stalker, on Jan 7 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

View PostMaster Cheif, on Jan 4 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.


buy the mag and you don't have to do bubcus to go from speedball to woodsball or any postion for that matter. No offence but putting a milsim body kit on a tippmann does not make it any better suited for anything.

How is a paintball leaving a 21 inch barrel at 280 feet per second going to go less further than a paintball leaving a barrel of a 14 inch barrel at 280 feet per second? Haaving a longer barrel may make your gun a tiny bit less effecint but the amount is not going to be noticeable.

Actually, a 18" barrel is a lot less efficient. I've never used a 21", but on an 18" you lose about 50 or 100 shots. Put an 12" barrel on a gun, and chrono it around 280 FPS. Then put an 18" barrel on it, without changing anything. The velocity WILL be lower.

I agree about not buying a Tippmann. Since I got my Blazer, I've never looked back.
0

#69 User is offline   super_stalker 

  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: 21-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ephrata, WA

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostPizzaluvr, on Jan 8 2008, 03:43 PM, said:

View Postsuper_stalker, on Jan 7 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

View PostMaster Cheif, on Jan 4 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.


buy the mag and you don't have to do bubcus to go from speedball to woodsball or any postion for that matter. No offence but putting a milsim body kit on a tippmann does not make it any better suited for anything.

How is a paintball leaving a 21 inch barrel at 280 feet per second going to go less further than a paintball leaving a barrel of a 14 inch barrel at 280 feet per second? Haaving a longer barrel may make your gun a tiny bit less effecint but the amount is not going to be noticeable.

Actually, a 18" barrel is a lot less efficient. I've never used a 21", but on an 18" you lose about 50 or 100 shots. Put an 12" barrel on a gun, and chrono it around 280 FPS. Then put an 18" barrel on it, without changing anything. The velocity WILL be lower.

I agree about not buying a Tippmann. Since I got my Blazer, I've never looked back.


50-100 balls is hardly notice able unless you play in the upper speedball devisions(where you have 5 min between games). sure if you don't change anything your velocity is going to go down by maybe 10-20 FPS at the most, but then again most player chrono their markers every once in a while.

The losses going froma 14" barrel to a 16, 18 or bigger is insignificant. the benifits are insignificant as well. It all comes down to feel, you can't tell people what they do and don't like. Some people like the feel of an 18" barrel others "like myself" like 10-12 inch barrels. It's all personal prefrence.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.
0

#70 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

  • ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 148
  • Joined: 23-October 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

:rolleyes: Yea go with the q-bow it's quieter and you will have better accuracy
0

#71 User is offline   super_stalker 

  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: 21-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ephrata, WA

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

View PostNOOBIEJUDGE, on Jan 31 2008, 01:49 PM, said:

:panzer: Yea go with the q-bow it's quieter and you will have better accuracy


It's louder than m,ost spool valve markers and it's not anymore accurate than anyother marker.

BOINK me people are ignorant

This post has been edited by super_stalker: 04 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.
0

#72 User is offline   Fenix 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 342
  • Joined: 28-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

View Postsuper_stalker, on Feb 5 2008, 05:17 AM, said:

View PostNOOBIEJUDGE, on Jan 31 2008, 01:49 PM, said:

:laugh: Yea go with the q-bow it's quieter and you will have better accuracy


It's louder than m,ost spool valve markers and it's not anymore accurate than anyother marker.

BOINK me people are ignorant

Firing a stock C98 with stock barrel has a Naked Gun feeling to it when they sit behind trashcans 2 meters apart and shoot at each other.


98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116
0

#73 User is offline   Gaston 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 05-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Great White North

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

My 2 cents: I love the Q bow its amazing. but frankly its a little expensive. The tippman is a little cheaper and it can be customized a lot more. And who doesn't like to make there marker theres? The Q bow in my opinion is better because of the quality.
0

#74 User is offline   Master Cheif 

  • Topher
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 24-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Brigade Name:Master Che1f

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

View Postsuper_stalker, on Jan 7 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

View PostMaster Cheif, on Jan 4 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.


buy the mag and you don't have to do bubcus to go from speedball to woodsball or any postion for that matter. No offence but putting a milsim body kit on a tippmann does not make it any better suited for anything.

How is a paintball leaving a 21 inch barrel at 280 feet per second going to go less further than a paintball leaving a barrel of a 14 inch barrel at 280 feet per second? Haaving a longer barrel may make your gun a tiny bit less effecint but the amount is not going to be noticeable.


Well its ok if you dont like the Tippmann, I have notheing against you there , but for the barrel question, I know that if you have a barrel that is longer then 14 in. it will choke your gun and it wont go as far. Ok heres a little diminstration lets say you have a straw and are tryin to shoot a spitball, well lets say u put the sptiball at the end of the straw farthest from you mouth and shoot it. The spitball will shoot but it wont go far and will most likley hit anywhere but your target at some distance, now lets say you put the spitball at the other end of the straw closest to your mouth, the spitball is more likley to hit your target and mabe even gets some distance to. Ok which end was it harder to shoot the spitball at? The end closest to your mouth, the reason being becouse the spitball was closer to your mouth it took more air to shoot it then to have it at the other end. The same goes for paintball, you take a 21 in barrel it will take more CO2 to shoot paintballs then it will with a 14 in. Now still a 21 in barrel might work for some markers but in most cases it would be a better idea to just use a 14 in barrel.

This post has been edited by Master Cheif: 18 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Topher
0

#75 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

  • Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,824
  • Joined: 24-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hendersonville, NC.
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

Well in your theory then a small 8" barrel would shoot the furthest. The thing about longer barrels is this. More gas usage. You will have to turn the velocity of your gun higher because of the added distance. Thus using more air. Theoretically speaking a paintball at 280 fps will go the same distance wether out of a 8" or 21" barrel. Difference mainly is sound volume and how tight of a pattern you get.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback
0

Share this topic:


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users