Special Ops Paintball: Sniper marker debate - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper marker debate I can't decide!! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which should I use? (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get the Tippman Custom Pro, or the Special Ops Q-Bow?

1. Tippman Custom Pro (58 votes [17.11%])

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

2. Special Ops Q-Bow (281 votes [82.89%])

Percentage of vote: 82.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:58 PM

So just because it costs more means it is generally better? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I have seen more mags break down and have to be repaired than tippmanns.

I have shot a mag and I hated it. An autococker is cheaper than a mag but it is a better marker.

If you have to practically baby a marker, compared to an occasional cleaning than it is not a superior marker.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#47 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

i dont like q loaders...

but i also dont like tippmans id say get a PMR

proto matrix rail cheaper and better for everything
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#48 User is offline   Rymzor 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BONZA

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

get the longbow its cheaper plus you dont have to pre feed
Come on guys hes only got a pump!

#49 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

alright this ones gonna bug me for a while so im gonna say it (late though it may be) and get it off my chest.

if you shoot 30bps while still concealed your a broadsword sitting in a corner with a quiet marker... i think anyone here will back me up on that one.

1: snipers dont have to be quiet. the m107 sniper rifle doesnt come with a surpressor for a reason. accuracy over firepower. duh...
2: snipers dont have to restrict there paint supply nor did i say they had to. i was simply trying to imply that snipers save money because they use less ammo. i dont know about you (gamer) shooting 30bps at every target you see. but obviously, financialy, i come out on top. one shot one kill remember that.

alright to the juicy part (3 i guess). if you can keep yourself hidden with a tippy (believe me it can be done) while firing, it frankly doesnt matter how quiet your marker is. also i usualy whip out my flatline and shoot people from a distance where they wouldnt hear me anyway. (and i only need 8bps to do it!) believe me, near or far, i am a pain in the but and a kick in the APPLE SHNOOKIES to have to deal with. i can keep any squad at bay no matter how manny shoot back. tippy-flatline + tippy = flat line! they usualy get their return fire caught in the overhead trees & such. hell come on over here to minnesota and i will hold up YOUR SQUAD!

AND THATS A SNIPER!
-guywhocouldntcomeupwithacatchyname

#50 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

My SP8 devistates my E gripped A5.

I had to buy one just to see for myself. A true electro is so quiet, and no one hears me shooting at them. It shoots so fast, that one out of the 5 shots I shoot at them is gonna hit and break. It is so light I can get to my ambush spot and fall back faster than they can catch me. Id never, ever use my A5 as my primary again.

That is the opinion of a guy who actually owns and uses an E gripped A5, Tac One, Pro Classic Automag and SP8. I defy anyone to use an SP8 for a day and tell me they prefer to use an A5 afterwards.

And no one consistienty makes one shot one kills in paintball. You do not spend the day "one shotting" people. What an absolute falsehood. It is actually kinda a silly thing to be proud of, as that magically accurate paintball might not break, and then the joke is on you Mr.Sniper. I guess you aim for the goggles and hit them everytime too tho, right?

I play paintball every weekend and I never see a person "one shot" over and over again. Maybe once or twice, and thats it. A paintball sniper is absolutley no more accurate than any other paintball becuase their paintballs are no more accurate. They are however more stealthy, so use a quiet marker. If someone says a quiet marker does not help, you know they are not very sneaky. They are just a longballer with dreams of one-shotting their targets, as they telegraph their location to the rest of the field with their loud guns.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#51 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

View Postgamer, on Mar 2 2007, 09:00 PM, said:

My SP8 devistates my E gripped A5.

I had to buy one just to see for myself. A true electro is so quiet, and no one hears me shooting at them. It shoots so fast, that one out of the 5 shots I shoot at them is gonna hit and break. It is so light I can get to my ambush spot and fall back faster than they can catch me. Id never, ever use my A5 as my primary again.

That is the opinion of a guy who actually owns and uses an E gripped A5, Tac One, Pro Classic Automag and SP8. I defy anyone to use an SP8 for a day and tell me they prefer to use an A5 afterwards.

And no one consistienty makes one shot one kills in paintball. You do not spend the day "one shotting" people. What an absolute falsehood. It is actually kinda a silly thing to be proud of, as that magically accurate paintball might not break, and then the joke is on you Mr.Sniper. I guess you aim for the goggles and hit them everytime too tho, right?

I play paintball every weekend and I never see a person "one shot" over and over again. Maybe once or twice, and thats it. A paintball sniper is absolutley no more accurate than any other paintball becuase their paintballs are no more accurate. They are however more stealthy, so use a quiet marker. If someone says a quiet marker does not help, you know they are not very sneaky. They are just a longballer with dreams of one-shotting their targets, as they telegraph their location to the rest of the field with their loud guns.

I do like the SP8. It has a cool feel to it much like a real rifle besides the weight. One downfall is that it is really big. It just seems really tall and large to me. I personally like my uglier Ion compared to it. Also your opinion about one shot one kills, please don't display that as fact. I know you probably aren't, but that's the way I see it. I find it a very awesome thing to be proud of. I'm proud of the fact that I took the time and had the patience to shoot my marker over and over and learn its every detail along with the paint. That is one thing people neglect. Use the same paint to keep the best consistency. I can honestly say that I shoot more paint on the range than in a game. Sure no one has 100% OSOK every game, but I usually keep around 50% all day. You may not believe the OSOK exists, but that matters little when it comes to the events existence. I'm not asking you to change your opinion, just to open your mind to the idea. I bet if you tried, you could get OSOKs at ranges of 50-70'. It just takes time and patience. Also lots of lots of practice.

#52 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:23 PM

I give up.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#53 User is offline   Callicantzaros 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:39 AM

I must say after reading most of the responses on here that I myself would chose a Tippmann 98 or any of the versions after it. I was at BHD at battlefront paintball a few weeks back and lost all respect for the Longbow I ever had. I have tried the Longbow and did like it. But sadly it does not measures up to my model 98. I bought the sr25 kit from opsgear and installed it on my gun the week before going to BHD. At BHD I went head to head with a Longbow and well sadly I must say that I was able to put the longbow out of the game before he was able to mark me. The longbow is a good gun, but it just does not stand up to the 98 from what I have seen. I bought my 98 five years ago and am a sniper and I always look for better equipment whenever possible. The only marker that i have seen stand up to me is a pump gun
You will not hear or see me… but know that I am here
I am skilled in stealth, patience, and marksmanship
I believe in a code of honor, one empowered by skill and integrity
I rely on my team; just the same, they rely on me
I am skilled in reconnaissance and gathering Intel
Allowing my team to effectively and efficiently do their job
I am a Paintball Sniper

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)

http://www.jassepaintball.com/
JassePaintball.com, home of the greatest Scenario Paintball Gear
http://www.hells-rangers-paintball-team.com/
http://www.the-cagg.com/

#54 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 17 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

So just because it costs more means it is generally better? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

I have seen more mags break down and have to be repaired than tippmanns.

I have shot a mag and I hated it. An autococker is cheaper than a mag but it is a better marker.

If you have to practically baby a marker, compared to an occasional cleaning than it is not a superior marker.

You have to be a BOINKing retard not to be able to take care of a mag... let alone break one. Trust me I've been there, I've broken at least 4 mag valves all of which I got working within 10 min. After which I have never had a problem with any of those valves.

Sure cockers are cheaper, but their not better markers. They are equal performers.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#55 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:53 AM

i hate tippmann 98cs....even though i have an A5 i really wish i had a q bow. the first gun i played with was a 98c and it sucked....the accuracy stunk (probably because of the stock barrel) but i'v never liked 98s because they'r hard to take apart and stuff. go with the qbow! i bought an a5 and have regretted that i didn't get a qbow instead.

#56 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

View Postranger111133, on Nov 5 2007, 10:53 AM, said:

i hate tippmann 98cs....even though i have an A5 i really wish i had a q bow. the first gun i played with was a 98c and it sucked....the accuracy stunk (probably because of the stock barrel) but i'v never liked 98s because they'r hard to take apart and stuff. go with the qbow! i bought an a5 and have regretted that i didn't get a qbow instead.

Despite the fact that the 98 and the A5 are internaly identical.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#57 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

4 words... Q Bow Home boy!!!!!

-X

This post has been edited by XziviT: 22 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#58 User is offline   smac 

• one shot
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:smac

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

well i'm going to have to disagree with this hole topic. both of these guns can't out shoot my MR-1 with just an 18" tactical strait rifled barrel. that i got from RAP-4 paintball for $50.

#59 User is offline   Mr. Accurate 

• 2000 paintballs = 2000 players eliminated
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:beckett

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

i love mine, but i started out with a basic ion and built it up to be wat it is now. u shouldn't save up.............hold on let me look it up..........................a whopping $800 bucks and just to get it and find out you dont like this piece on it or that u dont like it all! so i say u buy a agd tac one because if i had the money then i would have bought it but i dont have that kind of patience. but buy it with no ups and go from there u will have a better chance of liking ur sniper marker alot better. :huh:

heres a pic of my Q-bow:

Attached File(s)

sr-ambusher"sniper" #21
smart parts owner#129
ion Q-bow owner
tippmann owner #14
- JAK -

#60 User is offline   Sprout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:North Carolina..But u better check ur six just incase.
  • Brigade Name:Sprout2

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

I'd go with the Q-bow...I am the same as u...A fan of Qloaders :laugh: . The thing with qpods is that the balls don't bounce around in em' like in a normal hopper so when ur out on an assination mission...You got pleanty of amo for a firefight if ur needed....While u can still lay back quiet as ever like the good sniper u r...I just ordered the parts to upgrade my tac to a Qbow! :laugh:

-Sprout
If you see me, it's too late.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users