Special Ops Paintball: Concept Black Cell Q stock you can make on your own! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Concept Black Cell Q stock you can make on your own! Similar to the "Snipermag", but with the killer Black Cell I Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Brules

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

View PostLONG_SHOT, on Jun 13 2006, 05:05 PM, said:

The ONLY problem i see is in the macroline against the marker like the A5A2's. The way its drawn in your diagram, it bypasses the regulator, which would mean that, unless your HPA tank has an output of 200 psi or lower, you would be damaging your gun. The stock Ion reg makes it difficult becuase the air input is on the bottom, but this could easily be fixed by adding an aftermarket reg, such as a palmer stabilizer, that has an input closer to the gun.

Bob Long Torpedo

Bob Long Regulator fixes that problem. The air input is up high on the side. I am buying one tomorrow so that my Blackcell air thru stock hose can run from the stock right to it. Will be as clean as you can get......downside is I have to buy the new reg. BUT the BL regs are soooooooooooo easy to do maint on. So it has several big upsides.

:D

This post has been edited by Brules: 13 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

IPB Image

#17 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:33 PM

Good call Brules. That air line running from the reg to the grip ruined the whole "sleekness" of the Blackcelled Ions. Now you can make it look nice and still run the Q-Loader stock thing. ;)
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

Hey! That thing is perfect. I remember seeing a picture of one a long time ago, and never got around to finding out what that peice was. The Bob Long Torpedo could really suit the sleekness of the Black Cell Ion, and it would get the macro line in a very nice spot. Thanks for that solution.

I am going to do some more extensive research into whether or not that nipple is is a good spot or not. Since my own Snipermag uses a similar setup I can just tape a remote line around where it occours on the Black Cell Q stock to see if it shoulders up nicley. If it turns out it is uncomfortable one could just run the remote in the normal asa spot.

On my Snipermag my shoulder is comfy when pinched between the buttplate and the Q pod. It rolls back and forth with stability and ease. I am almost certain that the Black Cell Q stock will have a similar feel, but one does not know until one tries.

Also, I can say from experience that a Q pod reload on this pattern is a quick and easy and FAST one handed operation. If you carry your Q pod on your front you will be pulling reloads in seconds while keepin your expensive Q pods safe. The Spec Ops vest usually hold Q pods quite nicley as they fit 140 round pods. Anything that holds a 140 round pod should handle a Q pod is it has even a touch of extra room.

This post has been edited by gamer: 14 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#19 User is offline   Hitman43 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:56 AM

i think i may try and do this!! What did you make the custom molded thumb hole out of and how did you do it?

Is yours hallow or did you just mold it on there like playdoe or clay lol and let it dry...how did you get it to stay?

#20 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:46 AM

I will have pics up as soon as I start puting my blackcell together. I have everything but the regulator, my LPBS should have it in today along with a taller feedneck. When the LPBS employee showed me how to break down the reg for service, I was like "I MUST HAVE ONE NOW!". :)

If Spec Ops could make an air thru stock with a mounting option for a Qpod, the BL regulator would make it soooo clean....
IPB Image

#21 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:58 AM

if i had an ion i would try to make that, but i think the nipple thing should be in more on teh stock or at an angle so it isn't poking your shoulder. but good design

#22 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:36 PM

View PostHitman43, on Jun 14 2006, 05:56 AM, said:

i think i may try and do this!! What did you make the custom molded thumb hole out of and how did you do it?

Is yours hallow or did you just mold it on there like playdoe or clay lol and let it dry...how did you get it to stay?

I use Apoxie Sculpt two part putty for all my sculpting on a larger scale (like paintball parts, etc.) It handles just like playdough for about 4 hours and then hardens like rock. You can then sand it and shape it a little by grinding it, etc. I then do a final super-fine sanding on the part and paint it. Super durable and fairly easy to work with.

You can find Apoxie Sculpt online and on Ebay, which is where i buy mine. Its only 40 bucks for a big tub and that should do alot of parts!

When you are making a part make sure to use vasoline on the part of the marker you are sculpting on so you can later be able to get the part off!

if i had an ion i would try to make that, but i think the nipple thing should be in more on teh stock or at an angle so it isn't poking your shoulder. but good design

Since the shoulder goes between the hose and the buttplate I am sure it will shoulder fine. If anything perhaps the buttplate needs to go a little higher and further from the remote hose. The specifics of the buttplate placement is still up in the air and will require experimentation, but that remote hose should always be going under the armpit and will not bump into the shoulder. I already have this sort of feel going on with my snipermag with the Q pod going under my armpit, and it feels fine.

EDIT:

Here is another concept illustration with the Torpedo regulator and a lower Q Loader position for better shouldering.

Posted Image

The Torpedo is very useful, but I am not sure if the Q Loader needs to be moved this much. One would have to figure out which way they would prefer to do it.

This post has been edited by gamer: 15 June 2006 - 03:21 AM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#23 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

Actually I am going to mount the torpedo with the air hose on the opposite side, and drill a new hole into my ,249 air thru SAW stock to totally move the air hose to the right side of the gun, with no hose pass under. Should be really clean like I saw another guy do. I would prefer a larger reg for a better handle, but the torpedo was the only one my LPBS (local paint ball shop) knew of that would do what I needed. Supposed to pick it up today, so I will have pics tonight or tomorrow. Supposed to play Saturday, but now it it 70% chance of rain. ;)
IPB Image

#24 User is offline   HideandSeek 

• Spider-man?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HideandSeek

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

I like it!
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#25 User is offline   Hitman43 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:07 AM

dam lol the design just keeps getting better.....i cant wait to do this i hope i dont mess up my gun hahahhah!!

#26 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

Im picking up my new ion and qpod today, just need to get everything else together to try this out.

Love it.

#27 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:41 AM

This design is almost like a Bullpup gun with the ammo loading in the stock:

Posted Image
IPB Image

#28 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:08 AM

i like the new design but if it were me i would try to mount the q loader on the side opposite of my shoulder just to lower the profile a bit.

thats a nice design though! when i said remote line i was thinking of mine with teh quick disconnect system so teh connecting part is a bit longer than a normel one.

GØØD JØB!

#29 User is offline   Crazy Kitty 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE BIRD MAN

Post icon  Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

Thats an awsome idea, i would never have thought of it!

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig.

#30 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

Wow, that really is awesome. You should check out airhog's grips that he made himself with a mold. Maybe you could use the same stuff over some (aluminum?) framing to make a stock.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users