Special Ops Paintball: Concept Black Cell Q stock you can make on your own! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Concept Black Cell Q stock you can make on your own! Similar to the "Snipermag", but with the killer Black Cell I Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:02 PM

Hey peeps. Here is a quick idea I wanted to riff on a while with you guys. First I wanna see what you think about the idea, and I needed some help with some design issues. Here is the thing...

Posted Image

It is worth saying that my design is not meant to be an improvement over the Black Cell Sniper pattern. It is just a different spot to put the Q Loader. I like to be kinda unique out there, and to mod my markers liek this. If you do too then this might be somehting to try. The off-the-shelf Black Cell Sniper already provides good mask clearance, a great shape and great balance.

My design is basicly a Black Cell Ion with a heavily modified Longbow air-thru stock and a Q Loader. So far the only essential part you would have to make is the buttplate. The other sculpting is mainly cosmetic. I want this pattern to be as off-the-shelf as possible.

The stock is low as with the Black Cell sniper, to allow for maximum mask clearance. We all know how important that is. The Black Cell Sniper already has alot of mask clearance, but I just added a little more just in case you got a big melon like myself.

Here are the steps involved with making it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

The CMS mounting bracket can be bent into this shape no problem, and the Longbow stock should be able to bend in this way without too much trouble. The sculpted parts are really just for looks.

Here is a reference picture of the Q stocked Snipermag. This stock IS too long for some people, but at 6 feet 2 inches I find it a good fit. I tried to remedy that by making the Black Cell Q stock a little shorter, and it is not much longer than the average Black Cell with a stock attached.

Posted Image

So far the Snipermag pattern has done nothng but be comfy and take up less room from my target profile. The dimentions are great, and nothing gets in the way. I would expect similar things from the Q stocked Black Cel Ion, but there is the added air thru hose. I think it should still work nicley.

The sculpted parts are made from Apoxie Sculpt, or any other kind of epoxy putty.

Go ahead and place any comments or questions you have on the pattern in this thread, and we can jam 'em out. There are some design problems as you may notice...

- how does a rail stick to the top of the Longbow receiver for the red dot? Sounds tricky to me, and I am hoping there is a simple solution.

- is taking the buttplate and top tube from a Longbow stock hard? Would a Dremel suffice?

- is there a way to make this pattern without havign to sculpt the buttplate? Weld the buttstock on in a new position maybe?

I am sure there are more issues, so lets get some problem/solution dialogue going. Thanks guys.

This post has been edited by gamer: 13 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#2 User is offline   Green_Ghost 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Green_Ghost

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:40 PM

Wow, I think the idea is great!
What program are you using? Great job, it looks great and looks like it would function well.

#3 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brules

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

Take note spec ops! Buy this idea from this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Q Loader Stock! Pure genius!!!!! :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:44 PM

View Postsilent sniper101, on Jun 13 2006, 12:40 PM, said:

Wow, I think the idea is great!
What program are you using? Great job, it looks great and looks like it would function well.

Dude, your animated gif makes me crap my pants in laughter. Whatta wiper!

I am using Photoshop for the drawings. I just did the tutorials and found it is very nice to use. I would encourage any other design people to do the same.

Take note spec ops! Buy this idea from this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Q Loader Stock! Pure genius!!!!!

Hey thanks! Actually, this idea is meant to be free for anyone who wants to try it out on their own. It is kinda a tricky but rewarding mod that makes sense, and it is here for people to try out on their own.

This post has been edited by gamer: 13 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#5 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:48 PM

Sadly, I can't answer any of your questions regarding possible design issues. However, IF it works, it's definitely an AWESOME idea. It cleans up the look of the gun tremendously, while still giving you a decent-sized paint supply with reliable feeding. It just might look cool on my A-5... ;)
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Brules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brules

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

Well and imagine loading a Qloader mounted like you drew....hold gun in left hand and tilt down, unscrew qpod with right hand, place in pack, pull out full one and lock in......all with one hand (swap hands for pods on the left side of your back). I bet you could swap pods even faster than normal!!!! Plus if they integrated the pods INTO the stock, you have an even better/stronger mounting solution.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

Very impressive, I love that design and it would totally 100% take me off the fence with regards to buying and modding an Ion into a qbow.

Love it, love it, love it.

Great job

id buy one in a heartbeat.

#8 User is offline   Pappa Axe 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pappa Axe

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

that is an awesome concept, I would suggest it to people in my team if it comes out and maybe even get it myself

#9 User is offline   LONG_SHOT 

• Team "in da face!"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LONG_SHOT

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

That is a great take on the "snipermag" concept that spec ops should definitely at least consider for the black cell, and maybe even for future mods with other guns besides the ion.

The ONLY problem i see is in the macroline against the marker like the A5A2's. The way its drawn in your diagram, it bypasses the regulator, which would mean that, unless your HPA tank has an output of 200 psi or lower, you would be damaging your gun. The stock Ion reg makes it difficult becuase the air input is on the bottom, but this could easily be fixed by adding an aftermarket reg, such as a palmer stabilizer, that has an input closer to the gun.

Other than that, it looks to be a great idea that improves on an already solid loading system.
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

#10 User is offline   jakethesnake741 

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr_incredible

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Not bad...one questions tho. With the longbow stock modified like that wouldn't the end of the remote line get in the way of actually shouldering the stock? The way your snipermag is set up is a much better way of keeping this from happening by having that quick connect pointing off to the side. But having it out the back it will either dig into the lower part of your shoulder or mess with actually being able to shoulder it, at least thats how it looks to me.

Just a few things to think about, or at least the main question that popped into my head when looking at it.
Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

#11 Guest_DSF2.0_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

The remote nipple I would think need to be rethought.
The nipple and the line would bug me, poking into my shoulder. I my self would put the nipple and line more off to one side up a little and that might make it more conformable for people.

#12 Guest_DSF2.0_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

View Postredleg_64, on Jun 13 2006, 03:35 PM, said:

I don't see why the macro line can't be ran down under the grip frame and into the bottom of the reg. Yeah, it looks cleaner the way is is now, but that reg is kinda important, ya know? Having it on the bottom really shouldn't affect things too much.

Yeah that is another thing...
I dont think gamer really know how the ion works... so he might not of known that the marker NEEDs the regs and needs to have air going to the reg. The air happens to go through the bottom of the reg gamer if you didnt happen to know that.

#13 User is offline   #1predator 

• people fear the unknown. i am the unknown
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:warship

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

dude thats freeking awsome. you can deffinatly count me in for one when you get it all worked out. but like redleg said the macro line needs to run on the bottom. other than that irt looks so sweet. my hats off to you. :D
The fear lurking in the back of your brain. Thats me watching and waiting.

Quality German Shepard Puppies: Visit My Website

#14 User is offline   Hitman43 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

ware the macroline conects to the bottom there is a 90 degree angle you could just get a longer macro line and have it go around the Q-pod and into the elbow. The only thing left would be the remote connector??

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Cody Pain 

• Hitman
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Majorcodypain

Post icon  Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

that is pretty sweet deffanitly a good way to have your hopper, off your barrel. I think it looks great i think spec ops should deffanitly look into your design.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users