Special Ops Paintball: Beat the Heat!! - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Beat the Heat!! It's summer again...beware...

#16 User is offline   xXsabreXx 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:xXsabreXx

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

wow searching for a passed out sniper most likely wearing a ghillie suit that had to be hard
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

2% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann doesn't pwn all. If you are one of the 98% that disagrees put this in your sig

#17 User is offline   Missing Link 

• How many times per second do you really need to miss me?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Missing Link

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

Some things to think about in the heat from someone who has been a heat casualty (hospitalized for heat exhaustion in 95):

-camelback (or similar system) is a MUST for the sniper. These allow you to drink on the field.

-start hydrating the night prior. Get off the soda and beer and start drinking water at least 12 hours prior to play (more if it will be a big game)

-sport drinks (gatorade etc) are good but are not a substitute for water. Most have too much sugar, drink some but drink water too.

-if you wait to drink until you feel thirsty, it is already too late. Drink at every opportunity. The Army calls this forced hydration.

-Walmart has some things for cooling. It is a neck band that when soaked in water soaks it up and as it evaproates it cools you off. I have one for paintball and am using one in Iraq so I know they work.

-if you have had a heat injury, you will now be more likely to have one in the future. The guy that had heat stroke on the field needs to pay special attention and his team mates need to check on him frequently.

-it is possible to OVER-hydrate. Stick to no more than 1 qt an hour, not to exceed 12 quarts in 24 hours.

-get some rest the night before. Tired people are more likely to have all kind of problems.

-eat a good meal the night before, eat something the morning and have some HEALTHY snacks with you.

-learn the signs and symptoms of heat injuries. If you fell them yourself or notice them in someone else, get off the field and rest. Also know the treatments for heat injuries, it could be the difference between life and death.

Have fun, but be safe.

-Link

This post has been edited by Missing Link: 17 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

#18 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

this is a good informative post it would be nice for every PAINTBALLER on these forums to read this.

#19 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

that article is from 1999 havnt you ever heard of evoloution? just were your gilly bit by bet ever day in increasing intervals, then you should morph into like, a dessert lizzard :dodgy:

#20 User is offline   littlematty4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:07 AM

i have experienced heat stroke/dehdreation first hand in football, i passed out and woke up in a hospital with an IV
Pain Heals, Chicks Dig Scars, Glory Lasts Forever!

#21 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:43 PM

yeah underarmor is awsome, i have a pair for heat and 2 pair for cold, its sooo worth it

also camel packs are great too

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#22 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Djsupahfly

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

hey, i have some camo pants and a camo jacket, from my army navy store, so its heavy stuff and is really hot. Then i have the recon 6 vest on top of that. Now i havent played in the sumer heat yet was wondering if i get some underarmour and that should keep me cooler or lose the jacket and grab something lighter (if so then what?).

BTW for my recon i have a platypus water bladder.
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

PB Sale, barrels, summer gear, guns, etc.

#23 User is offline   curtsenn 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:curtsenn

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:44 PM

I have had heat stroke. It is very serious. If you feel lightheaded, sit down and call for some water or some help. DO NOT IGNORE IT.

It is said that when you are thirsty you are dehydrated. Please drink large amounts of liquid on a hot day.
Brevity is the soul of wit ~William Shakespear

#24 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

good topic

This post has been edited by commander mike: 21 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#25 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

Underarmor(or similar knock offs) are necessary ecspecially if you wear full bdu's with a vest in the 90* weather.

Also I don't always resommend removing jackets or vest cause my cousin did that just yesterday and I shot him in the arm causing it to bleed pretty badly.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#26 User is offline   Alan777 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Night 7119

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

I use underarmor, and im gonna geta bladder so i can fill it up with something like propel. Has electrolytes, tastes good, no sugar :]

#27 User is offline   NoobSniper 

• Phantom
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FieldMouse

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:24 AM

[quote name='lastmanstanding' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:52 PM' post='734381']

* Fainting: (Heat Syncope) Fainting is most common when an individual who is not acclimatized to a hot environment is required to stand or be still for a great length of time. This is an obvious problem for someone manning a hide or observation post. A person forced to stand is far more prone (pun intended) to fainting than someone who is supine. Movement is usually all that is needed to avoid fainting, but as we know, this may not always be an option, especially for the military sniper. Victims usually recover quickly once they have fallen prone and have lain down for a short period of time.

[/quote]
[/quote]

That happende to me. TWICE. It sucks
The signature in this location has been removed AGAIN due to FORUM MOD BIAS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

this kid is a terd

#28 User is offline   Killer potato 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KILLER POTATO

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:23 PM

This thread has some really good advice. Like what Mitch Force said it would be nice to have every paintballer read this. :rolleyes:

#29 User is offline   Fallschirmjager Scharfuhrer 

• Links zwo drei vier Links!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CO Fiss

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

a great reminder, Im going to have to have the sniper on my team "schoony" take a look at this, I cant imagine trying to find him in the woods in full ghille, he is dam good at concealment.
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue!

#30 User is offline   Nemesis39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Kill-Kill

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

View PostErndogg, on Jun 12 2006, 07:26 PM, said:

View Postlastmanstanding, on Jun 12 2006, 09:19 PM, said:

View Postghostinthewood, on Jun 10 2006, 09:23 PM, said:

Hydration bladders and underarmor are worth it guys. :)

Yea, underarmor, love the stuff, I use it for all my sports :huh:

get it, it's good

I have never used underarmor, so correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt that add another layer of cloths and make you hotter? [also keep in mind I have never been a big sports guy as well :)]

actually what it does is reacts with the moisture given off by your body (sweat) and cools you off. i was playing one day (is was about 90 degrees) and i was wearing my under armor and thick coveralls, it was lunch so i took off my cover alls and i actually started shivering, thats how good it works.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users