• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tib/Tac/Tag 8 Owners Group! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#76 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hmm, a Phantom / Tac hammer? Now that has got to be one of the most interesting setup I've ever seen.

#77 User is offline   Ze J 

• Sniper/Dagger Hybrid
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

By the way, if anyone's trying to find where I found that picture, I got it here:

http://ceo.byu.edu/t...eoy/2006/10/03/

There's also general information about the new marker and when it should be out.

This post has been edited by Deadly Taco: 16 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

#78 User is offline   Drizit 

• Take me to your lizard
  • PipPip
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
  • Brigade Name:Drizit

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

View PostJaron, on Oct 16 2006, 04:00 PM, said:

Hmm, a Phantom / Tac hammer? Now that has got to be one of the most interesting setup I've ever seen.

LoL no I'm not nuts enough to consider that my hammer setup. Most of the time you will hear me talk about my phantom or Pistol setups or my longbow, again none of these qualify me as a hammer, my hammer setups are my 98RT set at 19bps with a TM-203 or my Phase one autoresponse micromag with warp. (trust me it lays WAY more paint then you would think) However I don't make near enough money to run those all the time, I've spent an entire season shooting nothing but a PT Extreme with a 4oz mounted under the barrel. Try it some time using crappy guns with almost no paint realy teaches you how to move on someone (oh and i'm not some small front guy i'm 6'5" 300lbs) The odd thing is a guy like me walks out on the field with a pistol and a phantom and all the guys with shockers and DM whatevers A: want to see my gear, B: want to shoot my guns, C: want me on their team. I've even had them call to me for cover fire while they move up (that one alwase gets me :blink: )
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs and shoots you at point blank range becuase you thought 20+bps made you good. Pump Gun Pimp #1812
You're never more alive then the first time some one puts a gun to your favorite head and asks you to dance.
There must have been a time
when you could have said no.

#79 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:29 AM

Yep, yep. It's that whole "old school" thing. People just figure that anyone who brings vintage equipment or alternative gear over new fangled stuff has a lot of experience and can make anything work for them.

Few months ago I took my good friend out to the field for his birthday. So I let him use all my gear and just kept the Tac. I earned quite a few stares, that's for sure. Then after a few games they started taking notice that I was almost as accurate as anyone else on the field. One time in particular I had three guys pinned behind a bunker about 20 yards away. We kept exchanging shots and I finally got spattered enough that I figured I should call myself out. After the game everyone heckled the three for letting a pistol keep all of them in check. If only I had a higher ammo capacity . . .

And blast it all if everyone doen't want to try shooting it. Everyone is always impressed with how consistent and accurate the shots are. I had one guy say he was aiming for a splat mark on a tower 30 feet away then gasp as he hit the very center of it. And why oh why does everyone think the mag release is the saftey? It never fails, the first guy to try shooting it always ejects the mag when "taking it off safe."

#80 User is offline   Drizit 

• Take me to your lizard
  • PipPip
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
  • Brigade Name:Drizit

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

lol, you know I've never poped the mag, and i've only shot tac8's about 3 times (but god do i want 2.... one day it will happen) what I love is going on the speed ball field and playing back with a stock class phantom. who says you need 25bps to play back? however this thread is now getting WAY off toppic i think so i'll step down. feel free to start a new thread and PM me about it though or we can just discuss this through pm. I just don't want to hijack this one any more then we have.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs and shoots you at point blank range becuase you thought 20+bps made you good. Pump Gun Pimp #1812
You're never more alive then the first time some one puts a gun to your favorite head and asks you to dance.
There must have been a time
when you could have said no.

#81 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

Done
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=82766

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

#82 User is offline   Teal'c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Lewis Puller

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

Sorry Guys but the truth is, TAC 8's arn't that great, there are better pistols out there, and they were first, TAC 8 was the seccond magazine fed pistol the first was the RAP17 Glock from RAP4. RAP4 now has the RAP226 Sig Sauger and are in the making of the RAP99 the Walther P99 Compact Replica, if u have the extra bucks go that route.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#83 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Right, and they all fire .43 caliber paintballs. Where do you get those again?

#84 User is offline   Teal'c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

The website you buy the gun from duh. They are no small dealer, they have govt. and military contracts, watch some of their vids, these guys know how to make a scenario marker
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#85 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm very familiar with them actually. The reason that they are used in law enforcement practice is that you can't develop a practice firearm based on real world weapons around a .68 caliber ball and keep it to the same scale as the original. You'd either have to increase the scale or lower ammo capacity, both of which are unacceptable to training requirements.

Few paintballers are willing to go through special channels to get different types of paint for their different markers. They want to go to the shop, pick up a case, and have it at that.

#86 User is offline   Teal'c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

Cool thing about them is the fact that they also have shops that carry their thing (sadly mostly on the west coast (oposit of me) good thing is they ship in cases of 8000 so you don't run out of paint that often (and with 20 shot clips for the rifels and 10 for the pistols, you don't run out that fast, i still have the 1k that came with my marker after almost a month. I like them for their realism, and how i get heads to turn when going to the local field "is that a paintball gun?! can that be legal" "ZOMG what is flien out the side (the rifels eject metal or composit shell casing for the added realism) of your gun." I only wish a vendor was as close as pev's around here.

I guess you have to weigh the + and -, but i'll go with RAP4 for scenario any day.

#87 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:41 AM

Actually Teal'c it's not legal, not on a paintball field anyway, especially a Scenario game. All markers in a scenario can only fire a .68 rnd, meaning all the RAP pistols are strictly airsoft. Don't get me wrong, I've used one, they're awsome but they're not paintball. The Tac 8 is nice, the mag capcity is abit of an issue but since alot of 45's have 8-12 rnd clips its not a big deal as long as they can be reloaded on the field.

#88 User is offline   Teal'c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:56 AM

I use mine at all the local feilds... When is the last time a field hasn't let you in cuz u had a RAP4? as long as it shoots paintballs and is under 290fps my fields don't give a damn.

#89 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

Actually its not the FPS its the caliber as I said all events require a .68 caliber marker only unless RAP4 has figured out some way to change that rulling, if they did that, I'll invest in one (hopefully the one I tested).

#90 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

I think Armory is referring to the larger organized events and fields. Obviously if you're playing outlaw or at a small local field, they won't care.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users