• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question.. this is driving me CRAZY!!! Rate Topic: -----

#16 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:27 PM

that would be a rub, theres if the paint is pretty thin AND theres no shels on him or id the shell is still alomst complete then hes clean. but if the paint is thick and theres little shell fragments thats a hit.

#17 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Usually when that happens you can tell he dove, kneeled, etc, but if you can't it is really a judgement call. If I wasn't sure I would check to see how much paint there was where he dove and how much paint was fired in his direction off the break and judge my call from that.

This post has been edited by Jester3: 29 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

#18 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

View PostJLobes, on Jun 16 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

View PostPneumaniac227, on Jun 16 2006, 08:14 PM, said:

That's how you're supposed to tell, if it looks like a break (a splat), or does it look like a smear. Good refs can tell the difference between a hit and a smear.

but most refs cant tell the difference between a smear and a wipe

LOL

However, I think that when refs are trained they should be required to watch slide shows of what paint looks like on a person, depending on what it's been through. They should be able to tell if it's a break, a slide, or a wipe.

And then they should have to take a test.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#19 User is offline   curtsenn 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:curtsenn

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:53 PM

Usually you will see the paint splatter when they get hit. Falling on a paintball would only cause you to get a mark.

This post has been edited by curtsenn: 30 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

Brevity is the soul of wit ~William Shakespear

#20 User is offline   Str8jacket09 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bob

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

sometimes refs are tough and say if paint is on you *hoever it got there doesnt matter* , than you are out
oh
and the natural selection video is awesome btw for all of you that dont have it :rolleyes:

#21 User is offline   SGT. Splater 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT> Splater

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:54 AM

the hit would be small not wide also if he landed on it he was most likely sliding and it looked smeard thats what makes turney refs job hard is making those tough calls
Official Pump User #53
autococker owners club #51
Midnight Raiders First to the front
[url=http://www.midnightraiders.acrite.com/MidnightRaiders.htm]
http://www.docsmachine.com/

#22 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

If you see it happen (the player rolling over a paintball, rather than getting shot by one), then you should not call the player out. However, if I'm going to even pretend to impartial, objective, and fair, I'd have to call a player out if I saw what looked like a hit. As someone else stated, hopefully you have enough referee coverage, to make a good call. Also, someone else noted that it would look different and you'd be able to tell the difference. I beg to differ with that, only in that I've seen players trying to wipe, and claim it was a smear from leaning on bunker (might've worked if I hadn't actually see the hit break on him as he approached the bunker). The rule I've always lived by is, "when in doubt - call him out". It is, after all, only a game. He will get a chance to play again, I'm very sure. Sometimes bad calls are made, in all levels of all sports. I would rather risk making a bad call (hoping the player would do the honorable thing and walk off without complaint), than to risk allowing someone to do a dishonorable thing.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users