Ref's Stories! The good, the bad, the ugly! Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Fiendish 

• Jack of all Trades
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Fiendish

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:26 PM

View PostCRAZEDFRONTMAN, on May 16 2006, 04:54 PM, said:

Yeah that was about a year ago at Ballbuster's. I understand but he put his marker up along with sayin that. It really doenst matter, its a good tactic if it works.

Kinda like the guys who turn an on/off 'off' so it sounds like they are out of air after a shot or two ;-) Reminds me of a saying: "If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid"

BTW, nice to see some more Carolinians, even if gamecocks fans...
IPB Image
PBN Feedback: Click Here

#32 User is offline   CRAZEDFRONTMAN 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CRAZEDFRONTMAN

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

Where are you from? Obviously i'm from lexington.

#33 User is offline   Fiendish 

• Jack of all Trades
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fiendish

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:00 PM

View PostCRAZEDFRONTMAN, on May 17 2006, 08:34 PM, said:

Where are you from? Obviously i'm from lexington.

Grew up in Greenville. I'm stationed in Panama City, FL with AF right now.

Upstate Carolina woods make for good playing areas. How's the midlands areas?

Just to keep it sorta on subject for the rest...we held a tournament with my unit and found out you should pick ref's a little better. We had a female captain that as soon as the shooting started, sprinted for the tape line and hid behind a tree! LOL. Needless to say she has been teased ever since...Second story was when another guy ref'g for us decided to tuck into a large wooden spool with just his mask visable to most my team. I saw his bright orange vest from my angle, but when I told the guy to my right about a bad guy past the ref's direction he let go with a nice volley and painted our ref quite well. Moral of story, if you try too hard to stay out of the way it may backfire ;-)

This post has been edited by Fiendish: 17 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

IPB Image
PBN Feedback: Click Here

#34 User is offline   snowman 

• 101st patherfinders
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:snowman748

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:55 PM

i got one about a ref in training. first he got shot and was ticked so he decided to go on the field with a gun to shot back at people who shot him. first he was mistaken for a player and was lit-up second he didnt get the job and third he broke his gun jumping to the ground after getting lit-up.

#35 User is offline   mop head paintballa 

• no more mops,just dreads!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:heelnipper

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

heres mine

ok it was sunday after church and my friend and his kid brother had just goten new guns.i was going to play but i forgot my gun so i referied.

ok game 1 brandon(my friends kid brother)had the high grounds and ben(my friend)had the low grounds.
i called the game on brandon immiediatly ran behinde a bunker and sat there while ben began his way to a fallen tree.brandon pulled out into open air and began wasteing paint,ben had made it to a large wall by now.

brandon decides to start unloeding his loader by randomly squeezing the trigger(obvosily a newbie move)then again he was only eight.so here ben is (only his 2nd time maybe)behinde this wall practicly shivering in fear as his kid brother onloads on this wall.

he pulled up and began firing then went down again,then he demanded a ceise fire so i remedied the situate and told them to put safties on.So safties are on and ben strart to complain about brandon's random shooting
he began yelling at me telling me it's impossible to get out from that wall.So i humered him and grabed his gun.

alright game on again.immiediatly brandon start shooting at the wall again.I wait till he stops and run to a giant portriat that was reinforeced by ply woodi wait till he stop firing again,and move up.he naild me in the gun(either out of luck or a random aiming)as i moved to a big tree.Then penciled my body so that way i was completly behinde the tree.he was about a click and a half away (my unit of measure for 150 feet)and started unloading as i aimed.in a few secendeshe raised his gun but didn't say out.i kept onloading on him just for the fun of it and eventually stoped.

as soon as we stoped the game i looked in his hoppper he wasted more then 170 paintballs on my friend alone.

he he he funny kids well theres my refing storie sorry it was so long.
the one who fights with onions and tear gas when either one would do fine.

#36 User is offline   RiFLeRoB 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RiFLeRoB

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:52 AM

Ok i got a few.

First one: I was refing a batchlor party. Most of the people had never played before. This one old guy was wearing a camo life vest. As they were playing take the hill CTF he grabbed the flag, got shot in the life jacket ( which made the funniest noises ever) and rolled down to the bottom of the hill while still being fired upon. I was on the ground laughing.

Second: I little kid was shot on the same field. He took 2 to the googles. He couldnt see a think and was trying to walk of the field with his hands up. As i was running over to guid him, he walked into a tree, fell, and also rolled down the hill. I felt kinda bad for this kid, but it was still funny.

it seems my stories have lots to do with rolling down hills
IPB Image

IPB Image
Sabre for team Maximum Velocity

#37 User is offline   The Toxic 

• Rot Away
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Toxic

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

View Postmop head paintballa, on May 21 2006, 06:42 PM, said:

heres mine

ok it was sunday after church and my friend and his kid brother had just goten new guns.i was going to play but i forgot my gun so i referied.

ok game 1 brandon(my friends kid brother)had the high grounds and ben(my friend)had the low grounds.
i called the game on brandon immiediatly ran behinde a bunker and sat there while ben began his way to a fallen tree.brandon pulled out into open air and began wasteing paint,ben had made it to a large wall by now.

brandon decides to start unloeding his loader by randomly squeezing the trigger(obvosily a newbie move)then again he was only eight.so here ben is (only his 2nd time maybe)behinde this wall practicly shivering in fear as his kid brother onloads on this wall.

he pulled up and began firing then went down again,then he demanded a ceise fire so i remedied the situate and told them to put safties on.So safties are on and ben strart to complain about brandon's random shooting
he began yelling at me telling me it's impossible to get out from that wall.So i humered him and grabed his gun.

alright game on again.immiediatly brandon start shooting at the wall again.I wait till he stops and run to a giant portriat that was reinforeced by ply woodi wait till he stop firing again,and move up.he naild me in the gun(either out of luck or a random aiming)as i moved to a big tree.Then penciled my body so that way i was completly behinde the tree.he was about a click and a half away (my unit of measure for 150 feet)and started unloading as i aimed.in a few secendeshe raised his gun but didn't say out.i kept onloading on him just for the fun of it and eventually stoped.

as soon as we stoped the game i looked in his hoppper he wasted more then 170 paintballs on my friend alone.

he he he funny kids well theres my refing storie sorry it was so long.

he he he :D

#38 User is offline   BoyNamedSue 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ManNBlack

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

umm mop head

When he shot you in the hopper did it bounce, or did you wipe

#39 User is offline   EliteSoldier 

• Command Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Elite

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

I refed for fun one day. I hate it when the players shoot you. Or at you.

#40 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

View PostEliteSoldier, on May 27 2006, 07:42 AM, said:

I refed for fun one day. I hate it when the players shoot you. Or at you.

You get used to it. Its part of the job. My theory is, if you're not getting hit, you're not doing paintchecks well enough.

My personal record is 14, set just last week actually. The fields record is 18.

#41 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

Okay here is a good one for everyone. I was reffing a game of 2v2 on a speedball field. It was two newer players and to experienced players. They were split evenly one new player on each side. Anyway the game is going and one of the newer kids calls for a paint check so i run across the field in the middle of a fire fight. I didn't get shot imagine that! So i get to the kid check him he is clean. I yell player clean take two steps out of the bunker and get shot in the side. Right after it hit i hear the other new player yell sorry. It found it funny. It was like splat sorry! lol
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#42 User is offline   -=MC=- 

• The Spartan Rifleman(Msg.)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-=MC=-

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Last game was the worst. We had a single capture the flag game. One team scored and the game was over. I was calling game over, game over while walking down a road. Then one kid went full auto on me and I fell to the ground because he was using some really hard paint. Then the team the scored ran down the same road i was on and got into a firefight with me in the middle. No one stopped firing untill a few minutes passed. I was lucky i didn't have to wash my camo after that. Everything bounced off which hurts more.

#43 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

i worked today, had to referee a booking of 15 people which dropped down to 10, turns out it was a youth program type deal, they were a good group, except for one, this kid would do the complete opposite of what you asked him to do,

would ask them not to pick up their markers til everyone has their masks on, so what does he do....picks it up and waves it around the place.....then just looks at me with this stupid blank face look and says.."what? whats the problem???"

knew i was in for a good day with him when he pointed the marker at me before we even stepped on the field,

oh also there was a person in the group that had appendasitis, and decided to play......smart........ take round in the stomach and would be in a world of pain!!!!!!
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users